SORT BY Relevancy
Gun nuttery, Jamie Diamond and the proposal to demolish Detroit. Also A Better Solution for Detroit’s Blight. Commentary from Cliff Schecter – nationally syndicated columnist and political commentator, co-founder and part owner of Washington DC's independent progressive radio station, We Act Radio – and David Dayen – Contributing Editor, Salon.com writes about state and national economics, banking and mortgage fraud. Political satire from Culture of Truth, author of The Bobblespeak Translations. Jay Ackroyd moderates.
A counterpoint to the Sunday morning bobbleheads.
The 2014 Virtually Speaking Media Panel: Avedon Carol, Cliff Schecter, David Dayen, Dave Johnson, David Waldman, digby, Gaius Publius, Joan McCarter, Marcy Wheeler, RJ Eskow, Stuart Zechman
March 9, 2014 – Dave Johnson & Cliff Schecter consider jobs, reasons the trade deficit matters more than the budget deficit; trade deals, NAFTA, jobs, unions and resistance to Fast Track for TPP. Political satire from Culture of Truth, then present day Conservatives, CPAC, Putin. Jay Ackroyd moderates.
Commentators Dave Johnson (Campaign for America's Future) & Cliff Schecter (Libertas LLC) discuss
1) Good public policy as popular public policy. A government jobs program with a minimum wage increase would be both. Moral Mondays as an example of bringing public opinion to bare. Gillibrand's populist "Opportunity Agenda."
2) Political satirist CoT's most ridiculous moment from the morning gabfest.
3) Potential progressive options to Clinton (Sanders, Schweitzer, O'Malley) and the impact they may have on the Democratic Party, and Clinton's positions and campaign.
Jay Ackroyd moderates. Follow @CliffSchecter @DCJohnson @Bobblespeak @JayAckroyd.
Links at VirtuallySpeaking.us
The Virtually Speaking Media Panel: Avedon Carol, Cliff Schecter, David Dayen, Dave Johnson, David Waldman, digby, Gaius Publius, Joan McCarter, Marcy Wheeler, Stuart Zechman
Dave Johnson & Cliff Schecter offer a counterpoint to the Sunday morning media shows. Jay Ackroyd hosts.
• The return of the austerity and grand bargain narratives, including the appointment of New Democrats Chris Van Hollen, James Clyburn and Nita Lowey to the budget negotiation committee.
• GOP in disarray. Are the Teahadists chastened, or emboldened by the loss?
• PPACA. Particularly the tension between identifying problems and defending it from attack
Plus satirical commentary from Culture of Truth.
Follow @DCJohnson @CliffSchecter @JayAckroyd @Bobblespeak
The VS Media Panel: Avedon Carol, Cliff Schecter, Dave Dayen, Dave Johnson, Dave Waldman, Digby, Gaius Publius, Joan McCarter, Marcy Wheeler & Stuart Zechman.
Cliff Schecter — nationally syndicated columnist and political commentator — talks with investigative journalist & author David Neiwert, about And Hell Followed With Her: Crossing the Dark Side of the American Border(NationBooks, March 2013),
: Progressive Radio in the 21st Century. Nicole Belle debuts her Virtually Speaking Counterpoints program with Nicole Sandler and Cliff Schecter. NIcole Sandler brought 30 years of terrestrial radio experience to pioneer internet radio. She explains how we got where we are, and where radio, on air and on the network, is destined. She is live every weekday at RadioOrNot.com, Monday through Thursday at 10 AM Eastern.
Cliff Schecter is a principal at WeAct Radio broadcasting at WPWC 1480 AM in Washington DC. He also appears weekly on Sam Seder's Majority Report, and is a member of the Virtually Speaking media panel. Cliff tells the story of WeAct radio, and the difficulties facing progressive talk.
RJ Eskow & Cliff Schecter talk with Jay Ackroyd about the impact of Obama initiating Congressional support for Syria; Grand Bargain and the Affordable Care Act (ACA) debate; how the creation of the Frankenstein of the Tea Party is now threatening a huge number of Republicans and how this might tie into Syria and Medicaid; and the importance of language and messaging.
Plus political satire from Culture of Truth. Jay Ackroyd moderates.
Follow @CliffSchecter @RJEskow @JayAckroyd @Bobblespeak
From the Virtually Speaking Media Panel: Joan McCarter & Cliff Schecter discuss developments of the week; countering the narratives of the legacy media. Informed, lively and informal. Jay Ackroyd hosts. More at virtualllyspeaking.us.
Lead: From the NSA-spies-on-everyone story, the self-reveal of the NSA leaker Follow @joanmccarter @cliffschecter Plus political satire from Culture of Truth. The Virtually Speaking Media Panel: Avedon Carol, Cliff Schecter, David Dayen, Dave Johnson, David Waldman, digby, Gaius Publius, Joan McCarter, Marcy Wheeler, Stuart Zechman
Join Host Live Chats
- WGAG Radio (37 chatters)
- Southern Sense Is Conservative (15 chatters)
- Mark J Kohler (13 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (12 chatters)
- Angel Healing House (10 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (9 chatters)
- Visionaries in Light Radio (7 chatters)
- Michaels Round Table Talk (5 chatters)
- Trish Hennessey (4 chatters)
- Writestream (2 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (2 chatters)
- Psychic Nunu (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Common Sense Psychic (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (1 chatters)
- The Boochcast (1 chatters)