SORT BY Relevancy
Nine days after unveiling his vision of a “defense innovation initiative” in a speech at the Reagan Library, Chuck Hagel is on his way out. He has come late to an appreciation of the pressing need to pursue game-changing paths in military and security affairs, and will now have little time and no power to champion the redesign of our armed services. Thus, the need to move from a muscle-bound military that has engaged to little positive effect in Iraq and Afghanistan—at a cost of trillions—to a leaner, nimbler, more networked force will remain unmet. This, above all else, is the greatest shortcoming of Hagel’s time as secretary, a fault he shares with his post-9/11 predecessors in the defense post. Donald Rumsfeld, Robert Gates and Leon Panetta also failed to take advantage of the bully pulpit of the Pentagon to effect needed transformational changes.John Arquilla
Manic Monday Broadcast includes:
What's trending on a Monday, December 1st 2014
1. DId Chuck Hagel really resign?
2. Walmart proesters demand liveable wage by the EVIL EMPIRE.
3. Part 2 of Kathleen Carroll's allegations against the California Commission Teacher Credentialing
4. Senator Chuck Schmuer "disses" Obama's first term. Whaaaaa?????
Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel's "resignation" has created a huge void in an already National Defense strategy. What led up to the Secretary's resignation? Was it truly a resignation? Who will be his replacement?
The above questions are very important in understanding what is really going on in the Department of Defense. They are also critical in who should be selected as Hagel's replacement.
Even more important is what role did President Obama play in Hagel's decision to call it quits.
Also this morning, we will take a quick look at some of the topics overshadowed by the events surrounding Ferguson, MO.
Closing out the morning visit "In the Pickle Barrel" I will make (what I hope to be) my final thoughts on the Officer Darren Wilson/Michael Brown shooting.
I hope you will jump "In the Pickle Barrel" and take part in the discussions and share your thoughts in either the Chat Room or by calling in at 855-236-2486 to talk live on air.
December 13, 2014
RoyaltyNow! News. Let's review the week:
Let's face it, Kate and William's visit to NYC this week has dominated headlines everywhere. I was invited to appear on Sky News as well as BBC 5 Live on Monday morning to discuss aspects of the visit. It was incredibly exciting, incredibly early, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
If we can just look past the flash and glam of the Cambridges for a moment - Belgium's dowager Queen Fabiola died Dec. 4th. She was devoutly Catholic and quite a personality within the Belgian royal family.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (30 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (21 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (9 chatters)
- The Hermetic Hour (8 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- The View from Montana (5 chatters)
- Trek Talking (5 chatters)
- 2Raw4TV (4 chatters)
- Tony Robinson El (4 chatters)
- Love Productions (4 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- Venus In Velvet (2 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- Beyond Abuse Radio (1 chatters)
- Sports Talk 920 (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (1 chatters)
- The World Transformed (1 chatters)
- Escucha Listen Up (0 chatters)