SORT BY Relevancy
Noon Saturdays, "The Resilient Brain," host Kathy Kitts
Join us as we talk to former Montgomery County School Board member Dr. Alan Cheung. Dr. Cheung was initially a pharmacist, taught medical school students in this subject, and then moved into the political arena with his position on the Board. It was in large part due to Dr. Cheung that Potomac Elementary School became the first public school in the country to offer Chinese Immersion. My own son graduated from this program, fluent in Chinese!! Dr. Cheung has recently turned to community work. He has written for a grant to fund a Chinese Immersion Summer Camp featuring a STEM curriculum. How ingenious! The program was first funded last summer, and was successful in its funding request this time as well. Through careful budgeting (and Dr Cheung giving up his own salary) the program will be able to be funded through the school year, in an after-school program! I met the teachers and students from the summer camp, and they were all most impressive. Only 3 wks of summer camp and already the kids were spouting Chinese.
Listen as we interview Dr. Cheung and find out some of the fascinating details to his programs.
Ruth Lycke is a medically trained Nurse, Paramedic, Clinic Manager, Surgical Specialist, and Business Executive with over 34 years of experience. One of her areas of uniqueness is in her surviving a Pontine brain bleed in 2001 and becoming the first American stroke survivor to seek and receive treatment utilizing Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in 2004. That event shaped her life and she spent the next 7 years devoted to bringing stroke survivors to China for treatment, where she now resides and has a thriving Chinese business. It is with this same drive and determination that she has taken on building the first ever Brain Industry Park. www.brainindustrypark.com
This show is a gathering place for anyone seeking recovery from the challenges of life on life's terms. I introduce topics, and survivor's share their experience, strength and hope. We discuss useful tools that have helped us lighten the load, of our journey through recovery.
More will be revealed! Tune in, stop in and call in. This is a "we" recovery program, because it is in the "we," that we find the new "me."
We focus on the four A's of Recovery...Awareness, Acceptance, Action and Adaptation. This is a place for survivor's striving to become thrivers. :)
Some nights we will have a featured guest, and others we will introduce a topic of recovery, encouraging callers to join us in the discussion. The second part of the show is Open Mic and some great Indy Music, sure to inspire!
Host is Kim Justus, author of In a Flash: Miracles Here and Beyond found at www.inaflash.org & "Like" at www.facebook.com/inaflash.org
Happy New Year (Year of the Horse)
What is Chinese New Year?
Who is it for?
How would it help you?
Money talk: You Love Money, Money Loves You.
Contact Vicki Tuong Vi: Like CWN in Facebook
Detox and Loose Weight the good way! Visit:
Dr. Charles Moss is the author of Power of the Five Elements: The Chinese Medicine Path to Healthy Aging and Stress Resistance and The Adaptation Diet: A Three-Step Approach to Control Cortisol, Lose Weight, and Prevent Chronic Disease.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers fell to 0-3 in embarrassing fashion against the Atlanta Falcons, and Ken and Leo are here to talk about it, and consider what changes and decisions should be made in the wake of this embarrassing game.
Topics discussed include:
Who is to blame for the loss?
What have the Bucs done to move on from this kind of defeat?
How will the Bucs fare against the Steelers?
Plus fantasy league updates, Chinese takeout talk and more.
On this show, Chef Alex will debut a mini series here on the Chef Cardinale's Cooking show. We will be doing a Fast Food Friday series where we will be talking about some famous fast foods. Alex will share his personal recipes for fast food! :)
We will debut with Chef Alex's favorite fast food! Chinese food! Everyone loves CHINESE FOOD RIGHT? I certainly do, matter of fact, I could eat it every day! Topics for this show include: Typical ingredients in Chinese food, America's Chinese food vs. Traditional Chinese food, MSG in Chinese food, Alex's favorite chinese food, and finally Alex will share recipes! Alex has a pork fried rice recipe, Chicken finger recipe, Orange Chicken recipe, pork lo mein recipe, and an egg roll recipe plus many other recipes!
Have questions? Call 646-716-6458 dial 1.
Or you can call in to tell Chef Alex what your favorite Chinese food is, and why!
in Self Help
The various aspect of your world are reflections of who you are being. Look at the dfferent roles you play in your life.
What aspects of the role hold you back from being your true self?
What is one specific thing you can do to make one of the changes you identified? Write it below, and commit to doing it this week. Record the result of your change in your journal.
Hello Folks, and welcome back to our segment tonight! Tonight we have a very interesting topic on Chinese Science in Feng Shui as a living skill. They've mastered great ways to achieve balance in your life by way of organization in the physical space we live in. Facilitating harmony through placement and orientation of objects helps also attract your desires such as wealth, love, health, career and success. Learn different techniques on increasing your energy field that psychologically deals with your heart and higher emotions!
Join us tonight at 10:30 pm pst
See ya there
Surrogacy is a quickly gaining popularity as a means to build a family in many countries around the world. One country which has recently gained media attention for its recipient parents embarking on surrogacy journeys out of its jurisdictional boundaries is China. Dawn was recently quoted in an article by the Global Times, a Chinese-based news publication. An ever-increasing number of Chinese recipients are traveling to the United States to have their surrogacy journeys, and in this episode, Dawn will be discussing this phenomenon. She specifically addresses several important issues, including the media's claims that the Chinese are doing U.S.-based surrogacy as a self-serving mechanism to gain United States citizenship rights. Don't miss this very topical episode on this week's "The ABCs of Surrogacy."
in Self Help
SIMEON RODGERS TALKS ABOUT CHINESE CHI GONG AND HOW TO LIVE A MORE BALANCED LIFE
Traditional Chinese Food As Medicine - A 5 part Series - Part 1
TCM is an ancient wide range of medicine practices for over 2,000 years. In this series, learning from Professor Drew DiVittorio, CWN presents the TCM concepts of using Food As Medicine for prevention and maintain good health
The 5 elements
The Earth Element: Digestive Health – Spleen plays a role
The Wood Element: Strengthening the Liver for Spring Cleaning
The Fire Element: Emotional & Spiritual Health – Heart
The Water Element: Building Essence Healthy Aging - bones
The Metal Element: Building The Jade Wind Screen/Colds and Flu - the lungs
The 4 body constitutions and combination
Food, Air, Water and Love – As we eat and drink and breathe and love, we always should be conscious of what we put in our body and utilize them as a mean of prevention.
I was given Dandelion to drink, there are 2 kinds of Dandelion, one local in US and one from China. Now Dandelion could also have some side effects with western medicine.
Know what you eat and drink! Be educated!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- John Baptist (92 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (42 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (36 chatters)
- in5d (29 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (22 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (21 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (19 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (17 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (17 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (12 chatters)
- Curious Times (12 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (12 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (11 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (11 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (10 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (9 chatters)
- canadianglen (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (7 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (7 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (7 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (7 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (6 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (6 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (6 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (6 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (6 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (5 chatters)
- Dave in the City (5 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (5 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (4 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (3 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- Talk2Q (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (3 chatters)
- 12kyle (3 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (2 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- RXCX Anderson (1 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (1 chatters)
- The Annette Brent Show (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Boyzntheoffice (1 chatters)
- AAAL with Carole and Steve (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (1 chatters)