SORT BY Relevancy
Can welfare reform end poverty in America? Peter Ferrara believes it can. Peter is a great article writer and a great contributer to Forbes! Peter has writen numerous articles about many different subjets of interest. Do not be surprised if he wakes you up to what welfare reform will mean to our country as a whole. Come listen to Peter Ferrara speak and answer questions that anyone may have about how our government spends over a trillion dollars a year on welfare! Call in and share your two cents on this issue. Call in at 1-347-677-1837.
The passage of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA) in 1996 changed the way the federal government finances cash welfare to low-income families. Instead of a matching grant, states receive a set amount of federal funds in the form of a block grant with no adjustments for inflation, caseload numbers, or state spending. Social assistance programs, however, tend to experience increased demand in recessions – more people require assistance from the government during difficult economic times. To meet increased demand, states have to increase spending, but recessions usually bring lower revenues to states, requiring some cuts to discretionary spending. Analysts were concerned that PRWORA’s change to a block grant would jeopardize social spending during times of state fiscal stress and cause states to disproportionately cut welfare spending during recession.
The federal government has announced the proposal of many changes in its Public a Welfare system. One of those changes the government wishes to implement is mandatory drug testing for all welfare recipients. Is this a good idea or in violation of our civil right? Join Bryckk and LaKrush as we examine the welfare system and discuss whether not you agree or disagree with this method.
CALL-IN 805-830-8320 | CHAT LIVE -CLICK HERE-
Tonight on The Gist of Freedom www.BlackHistoryUniversity.com, Meet Jamel Robinson! After spending 21 years in the foster care system without being adopted, he beat the odds and is now a successful child welfare reform advocate.
This show is dedicated to Amanda Berry Smith 1837-1915
devoted her life to the ministry of the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church. Her most noted achievement is the opening of the first orphanage for black children in Illinois.
In 1899, the orphanage opened its doors to homeless African American girls. The 12-room brick house that served as the orphanage was the first of its kind in Illinois.
The community at large was receptive to Smith’s evangelical message and supported the presence of the orphanage. By 1910, the building housed 33 children, up from 12 in 1900
In Harvey, Illinois, a suburb founded by temperance groups south of Chicago, Smith took up the duties of the national representative for the WCTU, and wrote her life’s story. An Autobiography: The Story of the Lord’s Dealings with Mrs. Amanda Smith, the Colored Evangelist was published in 1893. Through book sales, donations, and lecturing fees, she began to raise money for a new cause: an orphanage for black children. She founded and distributed a small newspaper, The Helper, in order to generate publicity and income for the orphanage and other worthy charities
Join Host Live Chats
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (39 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (20 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (19 chatters)
- Prepper Chicks (14 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (13 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (5 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Father Teresa (4 chatters)
- Black Afrikan Infrastructure Radio (3 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (3 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (3 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (2 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Gonzo After Dark (2 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (2 chatters)
- Love Productions (2 chatters)
- DBR--DragonBallRadio (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- HRN (1 chatters)
- Carl Richards Show (1 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- Truth and Transformation (1 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (1 chatters)
- untouchable1stfamradio (1 chatters)
- Roberts Revolution Radio (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- The Duke Machado Show (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)