SORT BY Relevancy
JENNIFER PATESYoung Adult Survivor, Cervical Cancer
Member, iy Young Adult Leadership Cabinet
Regional Co-Chair, iy Florida
MICHELLE WHITLOCKYoung Adult Survivor, Cervical Cancer
Member, Board of Directors
Tamika & Friends
Dir., Nat'l Cervical Cancer Coalition, Mid-South Chapter
ROBIN PACECervical Cancer Advocate
Chair, Beat The Clock NYC Walk
Member, Board of Directors
Tamika & Friends
It's understandable that sexuality may not be the primary focus for many cancer patients, at least not right away. Sexuality is an incredibly personal topic, and each person's experiences, feelings, and expectations are unique. But at some point, whether because of sexual changes, relationship issues, or difficulties with fertility, patients realize the impact of cancer on their sexuality. By learning about how your sexuality is likely to change and getting suggestions for healing, you become a partner and advocate in your own care.
Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. Join us as we welcome the leadership from Young Survival Coalition (Jennifer Merschdorf, CEO and Stacey Lewis, Chief Program Officer and Deputy Chief Executive) to talk about what's being done to address this healthcare disparity and meet the underserved needs of this population. Breast cancer survivor (and former Stupid Cancer Show co-host) Lisa Bernhard in the survivor spotlight!
Join ‘Stories for Life’ host Dr. Ken Weizer and his guest Ken from Santa Barbara, California. Ken was originally diagnosed with cancer the first time 13 years ago. Ken was cancer free for a number of years before being diagnosed with melanoma, and then head and neck cancer. Ken states that we all get gifts from going through cancer. Cancer is different from other illnesses.” He explains to Dr. Weizer how he was significantly “smarter,” and more intelligent since cancer. Ken is all in with this journey called cancer. He has a totally different outlook and his personality is different now. Ken said to Dr. Weizer, “we all receive different gifts, you just may not know what yours will be yet.”
Cervical cancer is the second leading cause of cancer in women worldwide, yet it is almost always preventable – with the Pap test, the HPV test and the HPV vaccine. That’s what the Pearl of Wisdom Campaign to Prevent Cervical Cancer wants women to know – and share with their mothers, daughters, sisters and friends.Tamika Felder, Founder and CEO, Tamika & Friends. After a diagnosis of advanced cervical cancer in 2001 at the age of 25, Tamika Felder triumphed in her fight ag
Join Mark and Leanne Ernster owner of Celebrate Nutrition, a health coach and certified trainer, as they discuss how healthy eating habits and good nutrition can help patients deal with the effects of cancer and its treatment. Some cancer treatments work better when the patient is well nourished and gets enough calories and protein in the diet. Patients who are well nourished may have a better prognosis (chance of recovery) and quality of life.
Dr. Francisco Contreras and Daniel Kennedy, MC join Cancer Peace Radio host Mark Burright on “50 Critical Cancer Answers.” Dr. Contreras is an integrative surgical oncologist and Daniel Kennedy is a psycho-oncology counselor. Both work at Oasis of Hope Cancer Hospital, which has treated more than 100,000 patients, and just celebrated their 50th anniversary. This exclusive interview will highlight the importance of empowering patients and families to create a positive approach to fighting cancer rather than relying solely on passive, traditional treatments, or rehashing ineffective and toxic drugs. They will also discuss current treatments, alternative medicine, and futuristic therapies, including cell specific targeted therapies.
Join us as we welcome the oncology rock stars behind the /take a deep breath/ Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University’s comprehensive follow-up STAR Program for adult survivors of childhood cancer. Karen Kinahan, RN (Clinical Nurse Specialist), Kristin Smith (Fertility Preservation Patient Navigator) and long-term survivor Colleen Cira will talk about life beyond childhood cancer and progress being made to serve the more than 350,000 Americans in that space. Survivor spotlight on young adult colon cancer survivor, blogger and healthcare activist Michelle Whitehead-Hastings.
Dan Self, prostrate cancer survivor and his 9 year old daughter Bella interview Dr. Ken about fear after cancer diagnosis and during the cancer journey. This is a very insightful interview that we would recommend to anyone experiencing cancer as a patient, caregiver or family member. Don't miss this incredible show.
Ionized Alkaline Water: Do We Need It To Prevent Or Overcome Cancer - And/Or Simply To Get And Stay Healthy? I get at least 5 questions a week asking about alkaline water, and in specific, ionized alkaline water. So I realized that I had to get off the fence and share my perspective, based on more than 5 decades of global travel and research. As well as living with many healthy, long living cultures along the way. You may be very surprised by my answer to this question.
You know how we're always told to follow and copy the people who have what we want and don't have? Usually we're referring to business-related situations and goals. But this philosophy can most definitely be applied to health. On tonight's Kick Cancer In The Can™ Weekly Quick Tip, I challenge you to really examine the habits and practices of the Blue Zone Centenarians...and just do what they are doing! Lots of great info packed into less than 10 minutes!
Your input, comments, questions, and suggestions are what make these podcasts possible. Without you, they would not exist. So remember to drop on over to our dedicated Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/KickCancerInTheCan, LIKE the page and add your valuable comments and questions.
And to insure that you never miss a weekly quick tip, just head over to http://bit.ly/KCITCExpertSeries and Subscribe, then rate the shows, add a comment, and share the podcasts with everyone you love. Thanks so much!
Could Milk Cause Prostate Cancer? Research Says Yes! Have you been diagnosed with prostate cancer?
Or has your loved one been diagnosed with prostate cancer?
Have you considered the possibility that your diet may be one of the causes of this diagnosis?
The fact is that prostate cancer is still the #1 cancer impacting the men in our lives. And there's a substantial amount of research that suggests a very strong link between milk in the diet and the development of prostate cancer.
Get the scoop on prostate cancer and milk on this week's Kick Cancer In The Can™ Weekly Quick Tip. You'll also get simple steps to protect yourself - or to overcome prostate cancer if you've already been diagnosed.
Correction: In the Physician's Health Study I stated that 1 and 1/2 servings of dairy products daily increased the risk of prostate cancer by 34%. It is actually 2 and 1/2 servings daily.
After you've listened to this quick tip, we'd love you to drop on over to our facebook page (www.facebook.com/KickCancerInTheCan), LIKE the page - and then comment on your take-away from the podcast. What change will you make in your diet? Or will you?
To ensure that you never miss a quick tip, subscribe to the tips on iTunes at: http://bit.ly/KCITCquicktips. And make sure you rate the podcasts, and leave a comment. Tel us what you like about the quick tps?
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (222 chatters)
- TheThinkingAtheist (110 chatters)
- SHRAonair (46 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (26 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (22 chatters)
- Omega Man (19 chatters)
- shadowseeker01 (16 chatters)
- Not Politically Correct with Trisha (13 chatters)
- in5d (11 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (11 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (10 chatters)
- SpiritMan Joseph (10 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (9 chatters)
- LibertyRules (8 chatters)
- Patriot Family (8 chatters)
- K9 Sports Konnection (7 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (7 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (7 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (6 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (6 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (6 chatters)
- Wolf and the bear Network (5 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (5 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (5 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (4 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (4 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (4 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (4 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (4 chatters)
- Tech Expresso Cafe (3 chatters)
- Objectively Speaking (3 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Alaska Talks Liberty (3 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (3 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Nitelifer Circle of Sanity (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- Common Sense for America (2 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (2 chatters)
- Electric KoolAid for the Road (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (2 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (2 chatters)
- Road to Redemption Ministries (1 chatters)
- REALCOMBATMEDIA (1 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Christian Network (1 chatters)
- Taboo Fetish Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- Ms Cyndi (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Its All You (1 chatters)
- JetNation Radio (1 chatters)
- Fins Radio (1 chatters)
- DeMarco Real Talk (1 chatters)
- EnriquePascal (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Everything But Normal (1 chatters)
- Family Of a Vet (1 chatters)
- Art Bulla (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Become The Source (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- The Real Time Music Network (1 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (1 chatters)
- Vernon Moore (1 chatters)
- Tribulation News (1 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (1 chatters)
- Youth Speaks (1 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (0 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (0 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (0 chatters)
- Lotus Media Productions (0 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (0 chatters)