SORT BY Relevancy
We're creating a CareGiving cookbook which we'll sell to raise money for our CareGifters program. Through our CareGifters program, we send $500 to a family caregiver in need as often as we can.
Two members of CareGiving.com cooked up the idea for our cookbook: Mar, who cares for her husband, and Lillie, who cares for her mom. Mar and Lillie will share more about the cookbook as well as their caregiving experiences during today's show.
Lillie is single, 56 years old and sole caregiver to my 88 year old for her mom, who is a victim of several strokes. She two children, two stepchildren and three grandsons. She's been caring for her mom for the past 17 years. She also cared for her dad and helped care for her paternal grandmother and a lifelong neighbor.
Mar joined caregiving.com in February 2015. She was a long-distance caregiver for her mother, whom she lost one year ago. She and her husband also lost both of his parents in 2014. In between those losses, her husband Tom received a diagnosis of a degenerative and progressive disease which places her as an expectant and freshman caregiver in The Six Stages of Caregiving. The expected timetable for his illness is two to 10 years, with eight years the average. She came to caregiving.com with the intent to add to her support system and to begin to build a set of resources to assist her moving forward. She has jumped in with blogging, chats, and enjoys the webinars, podcasts, and forums as well. She is extremely thankful to have found the encouragement and support and positive atmosphere of caregiving.com.
What's it like to face and manage decisions during caegiving? Trish, who cares for her brother, and Chris, who cares for his partner, join Denise for a discussion about decisions during caregiving. Trish and Chris both blog on CareGiving.com.
Trish also edits our CareGifters book series; our lastest book in the series is the recently-released Decisions. Trish and Chris also will discuss their contributions to the Decisions book.
Join Host Live Chats
- BacktoBasicsRadio (21 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (16 chatters)
- DBR--DragonBallRadio (8 chatters)
- Deadly Reads Radio (7 chatters)
- My Psychic Connection (6 chatters)
- Rivers Spirit Messages (5 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- HOV Radio (3 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (3 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (3 chatters)
- ProphetCain (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- Give Him Free (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- GavinNapier (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Roberts Revoluton Radio (1 chatters)
- thedean (1 chatters)
- LetsGoKings (0 chatters)