SORT BY Relevancy
Saul “Canelo” Alvarez is clearly the future of big time boxing. The Mexican superstar has already cemented himself as a top draw within the sport, and with Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao on their way out of the sport, Canelo is in position as the youngest of the cash cows with the weight of boxing relevancy on his shoulders.
We could have a less desirable option to represent boxing’s biggest stage in the coming years, and while Canelo might not be the “pound for pound” technical expert that kingpin Mayweather is, he has proven that he is willing to take on the toughest challenges.
If you ask an unbiased fight fan about the most significant issue facing boxing’s biggest stage they will say that the lack of competitiveness in Mayweather main events and his choice of opponents over the years is a key factor in his overall appeal and the overall appeal of boxing as a whole.
With Canelo at the helm, he could change the very nature of big time boxing by taking on the most worthy challengers, despite their mainstream appeal.
And if you believe Oscar De La Hoya, then that could very well be the case in Canelo’s next fight.
“Canelo is looking to fight in May of next year, so nothing is being negotiated now, we’re several months away. We’re looking to see who he’s going to fight, so hopefully we can start that very soon. Canelo is telling me he wants to fight ‘GGG,’ he wants to fight whoever’s out there.
Today we'll be talking about Amir Khan vs Chris Algieri on June 6th, Miguel Cotto vs Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto vs Jorge Sebastian Heiland and Canelo Alvarez vs James Kirkland. We'll be beginning, "This Day in The Sweet Science". Lastly, Fight Predictions.
Join the movement #ComeBackToBoxing
Call (657) 383-0795 and voice your opinion.
Tonight at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network presents a special "Canelo vs. Kirkland" edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields".
The elite level boxing coach will discuss the recently announced May 2nd match-up between former WBC/WBA Super Welterweight Champion Canelo Alvarez and perennial contender James Kirkland.
- Who should the "Mandingo Warrior" use as chief second for this pivotal event?
- is this a "safe" or "risky" fight for the Golden Boy star?
Coach Ronnie will also announce a new addition to the already impressive roster training under his tutelage at the Plex Gym in Sugarland, Texas!!
The lifelong boxing proponent will also examine recently announced bouts on Spike TV!!
- Josesito Lopez vs. Andre Berto
- Shawn Porter vs. Roberto Garcia
Mr. Shields will also give us his final take on whether or not he thinks the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight will be announced later this week.
Join us for another episode of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields", exclusively on FightSaga Radio Network!!
Promoter Oscar De La Hoya said Friday he has signed agreements from former light-middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and heavy-punching James Kirkland to fight each other in May on HBO. De La Hoya told the Times in a telephone interview from Alvarez’s home in San Diego that the date and site -- either San Antonio’s Alamodome or a venue in Las Vegas -- will be finalized soon. Alvarez (44-1-1, 31 knockouts) had a deadline one or two weekends ago that middleweight world champion Miguel Cotto let pass without agreeing to a deal. Cotto is believed to be waiting in case Floyd Mayweather Jr. opts not to fight Manny Pacquiao on May 2. We will with out a shadow of a doubt be taking live calls on air from you the voice of the people. Call 646-478-3068 to voice your opinion, remember you can voice your opinion in writing by becoming part of the team and writing for the site contact Nestor Gibbs at Theboxingvoice@yahoo.com Be sure to subscribe to us on YouTube and Blogtalk in order to receive one email a few minutes before we go live. Stay up to date on the sport you love by following us on Twitter @Thaboxingvoice for the most recent news in the boxing world.
Tonight at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network presents a special "Mayweather/Pacquiao/Canelo/Kirkland" edition of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee"!!
Ring announcer and boxing scribe Joseph Herron, along with editor and chief of FightSaga.com Lee Cleveland, will discuss the latest events within the ongoing boxing opera of "Mayweather/Pacquiao".
- Is Bob Arum a detriment to the ongoing negotiations?
- Will the super fightr eventually get made for May 2nd?
- Is Floyd already setting the stage for his "exit strategy"?
The FightSaga writing tandem will also talk about James Kirkland's surprise decision to ditch veteran trainer Ann Wolfe for relative unknown Gerald Tucker Sr.
- Does this maneuver make "boxing sense"?
- Why did James dump Ann Wolfe?
- Does Kirkland have a chance to pull of the May 2nd upset in San Antonio?
Joseph and Lee will also talk about upcoming fights within the exciting Middleweight division.
- Golovkin vs. Murray on February 21st, HBO
- Lee vs. Quillin on April 11th, NBC
Tune in to the FightSaga Radio Network for another edition of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee"!!
Tonight at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network presents a special "Bronze Bomber" episode of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee"!!
Radio host and ring announcer Joseph Herron, along with editor and chief of FightSaga.com Lee Cleveland, will discuss last night's big Heavyweight title bout between Deontay Wilder and Bermane Stiverne!!
- Are there still any questions surrounding Deontay Wilders abilty or chin?
- Did Bermane take Wilder too lightly?
- Will Deontay fight Fury, Klitschko, or Arreola in June?
The FightSaga tandem will also talk about the recent news of Canelo walking away from a huge fight with Miguel Cotto!!
- Who's to blame for negotiations breaking down?
- Can a Cotto vs. Canelo PPV event still be salvaged?
- What are the alternatives?
Joseph and Lee will also bring everyone up to speed to on the status of Mayweather/Pacquiao!
- Is Cotto a legitimate candidate?
- Is Miguel Cotto getting "Khan-ed" by Floyd Mayweather?
- When is the super fight expected to be announced?
For all of the latest insider boxing news, tune in to "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee"!!
Tonight, Sunday, January 11, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network presents a packed Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo, and Cotto edition of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee"!!
Boxing writer and ring announcer Joseph Herron, along with editor and chief of FightSaga.com Lee Cleveland, will review the week's big events in and out of the squared circle.
- 7 to 10 days until Mayweather vs. Pacquiao is announced?
- Will Pacquiao vs. Mayweather land on May 2nd, or June 6th?
- Is the Canelo vs. Cotto super fight actually going to happen?
- Will the big Mexico vs. Puerto Rico showdown land in Vegas or New York City if it does take place?
Joseph and Lee will also discuss the settlement between Oscar De la Hoya and former CEO of GBP Richard Schaefer, and what a dilemma this creates for Golden Boy Promotions.
- How many fights are remaining on the GBP contract for Matthysse, Khan, and Santa Cruz?
- Is there any chance of any former Golden Boy fighters returning to Oscar and company anytime soon?
- Where does Golden Boy go from here?
The FightSaga tandem will also give listeners our final preview of this Saturday night's Heavyweight showdown between Deontay Wilder and Bermane Stiverne at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada!!
- Who wins and why?
- Thoughts on Showtime's "All Access" pre-fight presentation
Tune in to the latest 90 minute edition of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Lee"!!
Tonight at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network presents a special "PBC" edition of "Boxing 411 with Joseph Herron and Lee Cleveland"!!
Kicking off tonight's program, the FightSaga team will conduct an exclusive interview with James Kirkland's head trainer Rick Morones Jr.
The talented, young fight trainer will give us an update on Kirkland's condition for his May 9th showdown with Canelo Alvarez at Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas. Rick Jr. will also share his thoughts on all of the negative criticism his fighter has been receiving on various websites and social network outlets, and how Kirkland is handling the scrutiny.
The Floresville,Texas based fight trainer will also give us a prediction on how he sees the Mayweather/Pacquiao super fight playing out.
At the twenty minute mark of the program, Joseph and Lee will discuss the big network debut of Al Haymon's "Premier Boxing Champions" on NBC, slated to air on March 7th at 8:30PM ET/5:30PM PT.
- Why every genuine fight fan should be supportive of Haymon's success with PBC
- Adrien Broner vs. John Molina Jr.
- Keith Thurman vs. Robert Guerrero
- Abner Mares in eventual showdown with Leo Santa Cruz
The FightSaga boxing scribes will also analyze this past weekend's big fight action!!
- Tyson Fury RTD 8 over Christian Hammer
- Carl Frampton TKO 5 over Chris Avalos
Join us this evening for another 90 minute episode of "Boxing 411 with Joseph Herron and Lee Cleveland"!!
It was the most in-demand fight the fans could conceive of, at least the one that the powers that be could actually make, and yet, it was not as exciting when Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Erislandy Lara actually got into the ring in front of an extremely pro “Canelo” crowd at the MGM in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The headline was “Puncher vs. Boxer” and the big question was whether or not Canelo was a big enough puncher to stop Lara from picking him apart, not necessarily stop Lara — although it was the only outcome some could foresee that would give Canelo a chance to have his hand raised at the end of the night — but prevent him from running away with the fight.
However, it wouldn’t be enough for Canelo to just not lose; he also had to find a way to win rounds, multiple rounds, rounds in succession.We will with out a shadow of a doubt be taking live calls on air from you the voice of the people. Call 646-478-3068 to voice your opinion, remember you can voice your opinion in writing by becoming part of the team and writing for the site contact Victor Salazar at Theboxingvoice@yahoo.com Be sure to subscribe to us on YouTube and Blogtalk in order to receive one email a few minutes before we go live. Stay up to date on the sport you love by following us on Twitter @Thaboxingvoice for the most recent news in the boxing world.
Tonight at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents another edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
The elite level trainer will share his thoughts on this past week's action on ESPN 2 and Unimas.
- Sergio Mora SD 12 over Abie Han...was it the right decision?
- Is Alex Saucedo a future world champion?
- Updates on Cowboy Ryan Karl, Darwin Price, Justin DeLoach, and Steve Lovett
The renowned boxing mentor will also give us his take on the latest developments in the Canelo/Kirkland drama.
- Can Kirkland find sparring for Canelo?
- Can the "Mandingo Warrior" find success without Ann Wolfe?
Coach Ronnie will also talk about the upcoming Middleweight title fight between Gennady Golovkin and Martin Murray on February 21st.
- Can Murray pull off the upset?
- What's next for Triple G?
Mr. Shields will also discuss the "Haymon takeover" and the future of Showtime Sports involvement with boxing.
Tune in for another special episode of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
Tonight at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network presents a special "Canelo vs. Kirkland" edition of Don "War a Week" Chargin's "Boxing Legends"!!
The six decade fight promoter and matchmaker will discuss the premium match-up featuring Canelo Alvarez and James Kirkland, which is projected to take place in San Antonio, Texas, on May 2nd, and will be broadcast on regular subscriber HBO.
- Will this affect Floyd Mayweather and Showtime's decision to fight either Manny Pacquiao or Miguel Cotto?
- Does this maneuver by Oscar and Canelo put Floyd in a position to move off of the May 2nd fight date?
Don will also share his thoughts on the future of the newly crowned WBC Heavyweight Champion, Deontay Wilder, and Golden Boy's part in developing the budding, young star.
- Will Haymon allow Wilder to eventually face Klitschko in a unification bout?
The Hall of Fame promoter and matchmaker will also share his thoughts on this weekend's bout between Mike Alvarado and Brandon Rios.
- What's next for both of these fighters?
- Was a "rubber match" the best option for both men?
At the 30 minute mark, the program will be joined by editor and chief of FightSaga.com Lee Cleveland to discuss the impact of Canelo vs. Kirkland, and how this will affect the fans' perception of boxing.
Tune in to another special edition of Don "War a Week" Chargin's "Boxing Legends" on the FightSaga Radio Network!!
Monday, January 12, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network presents a special "Ward vs.Golovkin" edition of "The Sweet Science with James Gogue"!!
The three decade fight trainer will strategically breakdown a potential 2015 match-up between universally recognized Super Middleweight Champion Andre "S.O.G." Ward and the most feared Middleweight on the planet, WBA title holder Gennady "Triple G" Golovkin.
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Keys to victory
- Prediction...who wins the battle on the inside?
"The Gogue" will also discuss the recent settlement between Oscar De la Hoya and former CEO of Golden Boy Promotions Richard Schaefer.
- What's in the future for Golden Boy Promotions?
- Will GBP try to protect Canelo Alvarez as a result of the depleted stable?
- Will Al Haymon be able to maintain such a large stable of talent?
As an added bonus for the FightSaga extended family, the master strategist will examine a potential September 2015 match-up between Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and David Lemieux.
Die hard fight fans won't want to miss trainer James Gogue's exclusive technical breakdown for both elite level match-ups, exclusively on FightSaga Radio Network every Monday evening at 9PM ET/6PM PT!!
Join Host Live Chats
There are no live chats in progress