SORT BY Relevancy
Finding happiness can be difficult when you’re going through a traumatic life event like cancer. Dr. Ken Wiezer talks about finding that happiness in the little things by just being creative. You must be creative in the way you look at the world around you and your life. Join Dr. Weizer as he shares his thoughts with us about how to live happy.
Dr. Ken Weizer recently wrote called ‘Cancer for Introverts.’ Over the years, he has noticed cancer causes many to become introverts. He believes that this introversion has positive and negative effects. Listen as Dr. Weizer shares his thoughts with us in this thought-provoking episode of Stories for Life.
Fatigue is something that affects everyone – especially cancer sufferers. Fatigue can affect your life in detrimental ways. Knowing the causes and how to recognize symptoms can help you manage fatigue. What are those causes? How do you know if you are fatigued? Join Mark Burright as he talks about this common side effect of cancer and cancer treatments.
The chief complaint of cancer patients to their doctors is fatigue. In this world of technology, we have so much help with all from all sorts of machines. Dr. Ken Weizer shares with us his thoughts on the cause of fatigue in our lives – “the Terrible Toos.” (No, we are not talking about toddlers.) But Dr. Ken gives us his solution as well – ‘the Wonderful Ones.” What does he mean? Listen in to Dr. Ken’s discussion to find out.
“Our habits create our lives.” In the cancer dance, you have to make new habits – even if you don’t want to. In discussing creating good habits in his life, a patient told Dr. Ken Weizer, “It’s easy to say but hard to do.” Dr. Weizer had a different take on it. Listen as Dr. Weizer talks about how to help yourself do the good habits that you should do. A discussion that everyone can take something from, whether you have cancer or not.
Cancer is expensive. Period. Too often, you win the fight but lose everything thanks to crushing debt, medical bankruptcy, etc.. This is not OK and the folks at Give Forward (Ethan Austin, Co-Founder and Ariana Vargas, Director of Business Development) are doing something about it. Join us as we discuss our broken healthcare system, the ridiculously high cost of care and what people are doing about it. Survivor spotlight on blogger Sarah Dalzell.
Parenting while facing the challenge of cancer presents a litany of major issues and concerns, not the least of which is how to talk to your children. Join us tonight as we welcome parent/survivors Jen Singer, Adam Johnson and Francesca Giessmann to discuss this incredibly important issue. Survivor spotlight on Megan Hildebrandt.
Join Mark and bladder cancer survivor Paul Blais as they discuss bladder cancer and Paul's personal experience in the cancer journey.
In the second segment Mark will be discussing bladder cancer symptoms, genetics, lifestyle risks, nutritional support, and building your cancer team.
Life is crazy enough without cancer. Toss that in, especially for young adults, and it's a big mess. Cue two incredible nonprofits worth knowing about that offer experiential outdoor retreats for young adults facing cancer. Join us as we speak with Nancy & Colin Ferro (Co-Founders, Epic Experience) and David E Victorson, PhD (Co-Founder, True North Treks and Associate Professor in Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine) Survivor spotlight on Mallory Douge.
Join us for an exclusive broadcast shining a light on the Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care and Prevention right here in NYC. We'll be speaking with Dr. Gina Villani (CEO/Medical Director), Marci Brenholz (Director of Development) and AYA patient Danny Jimenez. Survivor spotlight on Tamika Phillips.
Is Stress Killing You? Literally!
Are you living in a constant state of anxiety and stress? Has a diagnosis of cancer (for you or a loved one) sent you into panic mode, fear and chronic negative thinking...often referred to as stinkin' thinkin'?
And did you know that the body can't distinguish between whether you're being chased by a tiger...or you're dealing with a negative stressful thought? Both situations throw your body into the stress response mode! And this stress response sends all the body's energy to prepare for a flight or a fight! And in turn, blocks any flow towards the body's natural healing response! In other words...no flow, no go! All healing stops!
To understand this process more fully, tune in to this week's Kick Cancer In The Can® Weekly Quick Tip! And get a few simple ideas for how to get re-balanced quickly as well!
Your questions and suggestions are what make these podcasts possible. Without you, they wouldn't exist. So please drop by our dedicated Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/KickCancerInTheCan, LIKE the page, and then add your valuable insights and AHA's, as well as any other questions you have.
Insure you never miss a weekly quick tip by heading over to http://bit.ly/KCITCquicktips - Subscribe, then rate the shows, add a comment, and share the podcasts with everyone you love. Thanks so much!
Need more support? What are you waiting for? Call us right away at our 24/7 Live Hotline: 888-305-1495.
Renal cell carcinoma is a very rare cancer that represents the most common form of Kidney Cancer; and it is occuring more frequently in young adults. With no actual preventon or early detection methods, if not somehow caught early, prognosis for remission are very low. Join us as we welcome AYA/RCC survivor Lauren Hassell and Dr. Carl Bischoff, board certified urologic oncologist and RCC specialist to shed light on this underdiscussed orphan disease. Survivor spotlght on Steven Robinson.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (123 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (66 chatters)
- Yada (33 chatters)
- reactionariez (23 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (20 chatters)
- Bellesprit (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (14 chatters)
- John Baptist (14 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (11 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (9 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (7 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (7 chatters)
- Omega Man (6 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (6 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (2 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (2 chatters)
- The Grace View (2 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (2 chatters)
- The Resistance United Radio (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- lushradioonline (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- The Couch Potato (0 chatters)