SORT BY Relevancy
Relationships go through a lot during cancer. Can they be strengthened during the cancer dance? What are some challenges do these partnerships face? Dr. Ken Weizer talks about partnerships, strengthening them, some of the challenges they face. Some great things to think about no matter where you are in life.
Join us as we discuss Perseverance, Hope & Cancer. Our special guests include Susan Hedlund, MSW, LCSW, OSW-C. Susan has been an oncology social worker for thirty years and specializes in the development and provision of psychosocial support services for people with cancer and their loved ones. She is a licensed clinical social worker and Manager of Patient and Family Services at Oregon Health Science’s Knight Cancer Center in Portland, Oregon. Susan is also on the faculty of the school of medicine at OHSU as well as the Graduate School of Social Work at Portland State University. She has spoken and written extensively about the impact of cancer on individuals and families. In 2009 she received The Quality of Life Award from the American Cancer Society.
Daniel Fusco, Senior Pastor of Crossroads Community Church, will also be joining us. Daniel lost his mom to cancer when he was 21 years old. Daniel will be talking about the role perseverance and hope played for his mom during her journey with cancer. After spending a few years as a professional musician (upright and electric bass), Daniel felt called into the pastoral ministry.
Join us as we celebrate the upcoming 7th Annual OMG! Cancer Summit for Young Adults by welcoming rock star cancer caregivers Dan Crail (caregivers to Liz Harms) and Jayna Martin (caregiver to Ashley Martin). We will be discussing the complexities and nuances of what it takes to get busy living as a primary caregiver to a young adult with cancer. Survivor spotlight on Jared Sweat.
Join ‘Stories for Life’ host Dr. Ken Weizer and his guest Ken from Santa Barbara, California. Ken was originally diagnosed with cancer the first time 13 years ago. Ken was cancer free for a number of years before being diagnosed with melanoma, and then head and neck cancer. Ken states that we all get gifts from going through cancer. Cancer is different from other illnesses. He explains to Dr. Weizer how he was significantly “smarter,” and more intelligent since cancer. Ken is all in with this journey called cancer. He has a totally different outlook and his personality is different now. Ken said to Dr. Weizer, “we all receive different gifts, you just may not know what yours will be yet.”
Are You Confused By All of the Gobblety Gook You Read These Days…
About What To Eat To Protect Yourself Against Cancer…
Or What To Eat To Overcome Cancer?
Do You Just Need A Simple List Of The Foods That Should Be At The Top Of Your List?
Well, you're in the right place right now! This episode of "Kick Cancer In The Can™ Weekly Quick Tips" addresses 5 of the 10 top cancer fighting foods - and why it's so important for you to eat them…whether you have cancer now, or just want to do everything you can to prevent it! Tune in next week for part 2 to get the rest of these amazing nutrient-loaded foods.
Being armed with the right information is the best possible protection for your health, and your family's health! And that's my commitment to you: to provide easy to digest and quick to implement healthy tips and strategies!
VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure you head on over to our Kick Cancer In The Can™ Facebook page, LIKE the page, and then add your comments, concerns and questions about anything you hear on the show - as well as telling us what you specifically want to hear more of on the show each week!
Your input is critical to the success of the Kick Cancer In The Can™ Weekly Quick Tips! This show is FOR YOU SO THAT YOU CAN CREATE YOUR BEST HEALTH EVER!
And if you need more help, make sure you give us a call at our 24/7 Live Compassionate Cancer Concierge™ Mentoring hotline (888-305-1495) to see how we can best help you!
Join us as we celebrate the upcoming 7th Annual OMG! Cancer Summit by welcoming executive leadership from three OMG2014 exhibitor nonprofit AYA organizations (Heather Salazar (Executive Director, Pink Ribbon Girls), Michael Randazzo (Board of Directors, Survivor Glam Squad) and Terry Arnold (Founder, IBC Network Foundation). Survivor spotlight on OMG! Steering Committee member Paul Berman
Pets can be a great part of your cancer journey. Pet therapy is even used many places, including cancer centers and hospitals. Join Dr. Ken Weizer as he talks about pets and how they can contribute to our wellness. We also say goodbye to Cody the Wonder Cat and hello to the newest member of our Help4Cancer.net family.
Mark talks with special guest Peggy Leinweber. Peggy is an melanoma cancer survivor and was a caregiver for her husband Mick. Join Mark and Peggy for this very special conversation that will benefit cancer survivors and caregivers.
Join Mark and returning guest Christine (Keys) Long for a very inspirational show that includes Christine’s walk with Stage 4 metastasized breast cancer. Christine is a singer / songwriter and in an alternative rock band in Portland, Oregon. As she has been on this journey Christine has penned a number of songs with a dear friend about her experiences. As we talk about her cancer journey we will also listen to six of these songs that have a special meaning to Christine.
Dr. Bill Ritchie will be interviewing Help4Cancer.net’s founder and CEO Mark Burright. They will be discussing Help4Cancer.net's unique resources that include a multi-faceted strategy to change the face of cancer in America and beyond. In the years to come, millions of people will be helped through the combination of Cancer Peace Radio, Cancer Peace University and the Cancer Peace Portal. Each of these resources will deliver real answers to real cancer issues, combining co
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- drkate (77 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (40 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (30 chatters)
- New Colony Network (27 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (26 chatters)
- Curious Times (20 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- Randomness with Robert Boner (16 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (16 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (13 chatters)
- reactionariez (13 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (12 chatters)
- 62196 (10 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (10 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (9 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (8 chatters)
- SirTemplar (8 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (8 chatters)
- Love Productions (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (7 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (6 chatters)
- The View from Montana (5 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (4 chatters)
- Autistic People (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (3 chatters)
- The Seika Network (3 chatters)
- Roxx Radio (3 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (3 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (3 chatters)
- wake up african people (3 chatters)
- Whats Brewin (3 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (2 chatters)
- The Bipolar blog talk show (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- HME Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Brandon's Buzz (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Justice Lab (1 chatters)
- NexxLegacy (1 chatters)
- Nikkology (1 chatters)
- Provoke To Purpose (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- TRUE RADIO ENT (1 chatters)