SORT BY Relevancy
Mary Millben, whose rise to fame continues to soar, is rapidly making a name for herself in the entertainment industry. A Helen Hayes Award nominee and former White House presidential appointee for President George W. Bush, Mary has been a featured soloist at the White House, the Kennedy Center, on stages in Europe and across Asia. Mary has been a featured soloist for events hosting President Barack Obama, President George W. Bush, The Honorable Queen Noor, Dr. Maya Angelou, Pulitzer Prize author David McCullough, Mr. Bill Cosby, and others. During the 2012 Presidential Election, Mary was the featured soloist for President Barack Obama at the George Mason University rally in Fairfax, Virginia on Oct. 5th, 2012 and a featured soloist for President Obama and guests at a private event held in McLean, VA late July 2012. Christmas 2011, Mary was invited by the Office of First Lady Michelle Obama and sang as a featured soloist for the White House Holiday Season. Mary made her New York theatre debut at the Westchester Broadway Theatre starring as Nina Mae McKinney in Ray Roderick’s Gershwin musical ‘S Wonderful' and starred in 'Sophisticated Ladies' with Broadway legend Maurice Hines at Arena Stage in Washington D.C.
Mary is a Global Ambassador for Education Africa and known advocate for Education Choice.
In Broadway Idiot documentary filmmaker Doug Hamilton gets an all access pass to film a behind-the-scenes look at Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong as he observes the cast and crew interpret his music for the stage from day one to opening night of American Idiot. Doug joins host Robin Milling to discuss how he got inside this Broadway world shown from the unique perspective of this musical superstar.
He knew he had something special when he captured a teary-eyed Armstrong watching the cast performing his songs for the first time. Illustrating his commitment to the project, Armstrong offered home video footage as a pre-teen singing Send In The Clowns to replace a scene for the film which was already in the can. Doug says, "I had found this old footage of Billy, not what you see in the film, singing Christmas songs at 14 in some hospital. He said, 'this is great but I can do better.' " He had gone to his cousins and gotten that old family footage. I had to remix the film with that new scene but it was so worth it.' Throughout the story Doug weaves concert footage of Green Day with entire numbers from the show.
Fans of Green Day who couldn't afford the price of a Broadway ticket will not only see the making of American Idiot the musical in the documentary, but Doug confirms the feature film version is well in the works starring Armstrong as St. Jimmy.
Join Host Live Chats
- AVoiceforMen (24 chatters)
- Seed2Cure (22 chatters)
- The Cosmic Citizen (15 chatters)
- Psychic Tapestry (12 chatters)
- PAPSITE RADIO (12 chatters)
- Foreclosure Fraud Survivors (9 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (9 chatters)
- Susan Puzio (8 chatters)
- Get N The Know (8 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (4 chatters)
- WormholeRiders (4 chatters)
- The Don Smith Show (4 chatters)
- Mentorman (3 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (3 chatters)
- Ilumine Ao (2 chatters)
- INDIE REVIEW RADIO (2 chatters)
- History Guys (2 chatters)
- SITREP Radio (2 chatters)
- Rick Sterling (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Followers of the Way (1 chatters)
- Bucco Talk0 (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (1 chatters)
- Cassies Cosmo Life Coach (1 chatters)
- Jamelle Sanders (1 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- MR Men of Righteousness (1 chatters)
- MyMothersSecrets (1 chatters)
- pgant (1 chatters)