SORT BY Relevancy
3 PM EST 2 PM Central 1 PM Mountain Noon Pacific LIsten live or listen to the archive later at your convenience!
Today's Boy Scouts of America is certainly not your father's Boy Scouts any more! Tune in and dialogue with us about a wonderful program that recognize's some great women role models.
The FBI is investigating a 12 strong terrorist cell that may have trained the Boston bombers.
When will we figure out that this is a DEADLY and REAL problem in America?
That Islamic Fascism wants to DESTROY us and our way of life??
The sooner we figure it out, the better off we and our children will be...
And buried in the news last week...the Boy Scouts are closer to lifting a ban on gay youth members...but perhaps not adults. What are your thoughts?? Good or bad??
This and other news...On The Spencer Hughes Show.
Karen Testerman of Franklin, N.H., is mother of two Eagle Scouts and grandmother of five Boy Scouts. She is a current host of her own radio show, founder and former Executive Director of the NH Family Policy Council, Cornerstone Policy Research and Cornerstone Action, a former gubernatorial candidate and Blue Star Mother. She is the recipient of the Family Research Council's Family, Faith and Freedom Award, Cornerstone's William Wilberforce Award and Smart Girl Politics Engage Award. She was also a founding board member of National Heritage Center for Constitutional Studies and serves as the Chairman of First Principles and on the Compass Charter School Board.
“On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.” (Not Gay, according to Scout officials...) Nazi- Like Policies! Should all Scouts have blonde hair and blue eyes too?The Boy Scouts Of America is considering lifting a ban on gays. This consideration will be done behind closed doors without the media allowed. GLAAD has stated that this is a "wonder
Chapter 1: Obama calls for review of War on Terror tactics
We continue the converation on President Obama's change in policy regarding the War on Terror including promises to scale down the drone program and close the Guantanamo detention facility. The president repeated that the drone program was legal and effective, but added it might be time to change the rules for engagement, even revisiting the Authorization for the Use of Military Force put into effect shortly after the 9/11 terrorist attacks. We will talk to Claire Finkelstein, Professor of Law and Professor of Philosophy, University of Pennsylvania Law School.
Chapter 2: Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay members
The national Boy Scouts of America organization changed course yesterday and decided to accept gay members after months of pressure to do so. For decades the Boy Scouts prohibited members who were openly gay but 61 percent of Scouting's National Council of 1,232 delegates thought it was time to lift it. We will get both sides of this controversial issue with David Cortman, Senior Counsel at Alliance Defending Freedom and John O'Connor, Executive Director of Equality California.
The Boy Scouts of America have postponed a decision on letting in gays. They are torn between two powerful constituencies - changing opinions and inflexible churches. What should they do? We talk about it. Brooklyn College has schedule a debate on a movement to punish Israel for its treatment of Palestinians provoking calls for firing its President and banning speakers. Is the debate or teh criticism a fundamental misunderstanding of the university and free speech? A ne
On this week's show we recap the nationwide 2nd Amendment Rallies Held in State Capitol's all across the country on Friday. Host Mag Thomas will be attending the rally in Olympia Washington. Also, we talk about the recent pressure being brought on the Boy Scouts of America to Admit gay scouts and leaders into their ranks. Will They? Who will be the Republican who jumps into the running to be the next Senator from Massachusetts? A blizzard in the NE and the Dept of Homeland S
Programming note we had some audio issues with BlogTalk radio.
We are a Christian apologetics and worldview radio show. EBC radio is an out reach of Empowered by Christ ministries. We discussed such topics as; Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormonism, Atheism, Evolution, Creation science, Islam, the Emergent Church, the NAR, and various other topics. We also discussed topics in the news that face Christians and their worldview.
Part 1: BP Counters Expert Testimony in Gulf Oil Spill Trial, Says Drilling Met Safe Requirements
BP lawyers are working to paint a different picture than the one presented by those impacted by the Gulf oil spill incident. BP and co-defendants are suggesting that their drilling technique was well within what was considered safe practice for the industry. We'll get the legal breakdown from Brian LeCesne, a law professor at Loyola University's New Orleans School of Law.
Part 2: California Senate Considers Revoking Boy Scouts Tax Exempt Status Over Gay Members
Some California legislators have filed a bill that would strip the Boy Scouts of their tax-exempt status in the state as long as they refuse to accept gay members.
Part 3: Pro-Immigration Forces Rally in Washington as Congress Considers Reform
An expected tens of thousands of people are gathering at the Capitol Building today, calling on Congress to create an easier pathway to citizenship for the millions of undocumented aliens in the United States. Organizers planned this Rally for Citizenship for today believing that an immigration bill is imminent. Indeed, members of Congress from both sides of the aisle have been working on a bi-partisan bill for months, particularly the so-called gang of eight which includes Marco Rubio, Lindsey Graham, John McCain, Jeff Flake, Robert Menendez, Dick Durbin, Michael Bennet and Chuck Schumer. However, difficult negotiations have forced delays, particularly until just a few weeks ago when a major breakthrough between business leaders and labor unions resolved a question about the level of pay for guest workers. However, a House vote planned for tomorrow has been delayed again and now Congress is expected to take up the issue early next week. We'll talk to several rally participants.
In She Said, She Said #102, Genia and Andrea discuss:
1. The secret committee that voted unanimously to maintain the ban on gay participants and leaders in Boy Scouts. The girls demand that each member of that committee identify him/herself.
2. Where did couples who have been together 10+ years meet their significant other. You'd be surprised!
Listen to more SistersTalk Radio. Subscribe to SistersTalk Radio on iTunes. Follow Genia on Twitter. Become a SistersTalk Radio fan on Facebook.
Join Host Live Chats
- TheThinkingAtheist (105 chatters)
- SHRAonair (35 chatters)
- Omega Man (18 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (16 chatters)
- Not Politically Correct with Trisha (12 chatters)
- shadowseeker01 (10 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (9 chatters)
- Patriot Family (9 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (9 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (9 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (7 chatters)
- LibertyRules (6 chatters)
- Lady Sapphire Radio (5 chatters)
- Dawgs By Nature (4 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (4 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (4 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- We are TOPS (3 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B Frank Stylz (3 chatters)
- Alaska Talks Liberty (3 chatters)
- carsonscorner (3 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (3 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- FanvsFan0 (2 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Common Sense for America (2 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Empowered By Christ (2 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (2 chatters)
- Work It Sis (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Tribulation News (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Dr Kim Show (2 chatters)
- Tech Expresso Cafe (2 chatters)
- The Conversation Cafe (1 chatters)
- RevUp with Rev Alethea (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (1 chatters)
- REALCOMBATMEDIA (1 chatters)
- Youth Speaks (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- CTKRMinistries (1 chatters)
- Everything But Normal (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (1 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Its All You (1 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- Family Of a Vet (0 chatters)
- The Peoples America (0 chatters)