SORT BY Relevancy
Engineer Entrepreneur Granville T Woods, Sued By T.Edison & Won!
David Head, Granville T. Woods Historian joins The Gist of Freedom with host Preston Washington! David will discuss the book Black Abolitionists and Emigrationists.
Granville T. Woods Woods' most important invention was the multiplex telegraph, also known as the "induction telegraph," or block system, in 1887?. The device allowed men to communicate by voice over telegraph wires, ultimately helping to speed up important communications and, subsequently, preventing crucial errors such as train accidents. Woods defeated Thomas Edison's lawsuit that challenged his patent, and turned down Edison's offer to make him a partner. Thereafter, Woods was often known as "Black Edison."
After receiving the patent for the multiplex telegraph, Woods reorganized his Cincinnati company as the Woods Electric Co. In 1890, he moved his own research operations to New York City, where he was joined by a brother, Lyates Woods, who also had several inventions of his own.
TRS Android App
TRS 3 point plan
Talk Real Solutions Radio Page
The views expressed on talk real solution hosted by Tyrone Thompson at blog talk radio are my own and do not reflect those of Blog talk radio, Youtube and etc . The content here belongs to the Talk real solutions and it’s many contributors. Views and opinions expressed by all contributors belong to them and not Talk real solutions or Tyrone Thompson, the blog owner, host and etc .
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Talk real solutions makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, correctness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis
Please join us Sunday 10AM CST/11AM EST as we discuss negative, racist black stereotypes and the people who perpetuate them.
We will discuss the brilliant article written by Raina in depth.
Why is it acceptable in the secular community when negative stereotypes and caricatures of the black community (religious and otherwise) are presented to them?
Is it acceptable if black atheists perpetuate the stereotypes while attempting to pathologize the community that they claim that they want to help?
Is speaking at all white conferences considered activism nowadays?
Are black atheists silence on issues of racism, social justice, sexism, etc. being purchased with the promises of speaking engagements, etc.?
This and more on Sunday.
Dial into the show 310-982-4273 and press 1 to speak with the hosts. You can also Skype into the show.
This week on a special episode of Black Geek Movie Talk we welcome back some special guests to discuss the 3rd - and final - installment in Peter Jackson's re-telling of Tolkien's "The Hobbit". Overbloated nonsense or masterful fantasy storytelling, we'll let you know in this mega geek episode of Black Geek Movie Talk.
There are tons of discussions about feminism but very few black people actually know what it is about. Most have never read a book about it or even understand its history. The word itself has been used as a weapon against black women as a way of insulting them and making them feel as if they are not loyal to the race if they define themselves as feminists. The images of a group of anti male, masculine type, women who are all lesbians, springs to mind whenever the word feminism is brought up. Black women especially, have been conditioned to believe that the mythology around the word feminism makes it something they should refuse to be associated with. They havve bought into the stigmatization of the word itself, wtihout ever having even read one book about it. Black males are even worse, as they will continue to spread lies about this area of activism and any correct information about it is immediately dismissed as being "anti-black". This episode will explore the history of black feminism, how it came about, what it really is and why there is a fear of it. It will serve to inform and dispel the myths associated with black feminism and give one an insight into why it is more vital than ever to ensure that black women and men work to further its aims.
This is part two of a series.The scandal involving Bill Cosby and the rape allegations, is a major topic on the web as of late. The responses have ranged from full support of him, to people wanting his head on a stake. However what is often overlooked is the impact that these discussions are having on the victims of rape and how the ridiculing of the women involved, is ultimately going to prevent even more rape victims from telling what happened to them. The black community has a variety of views and a major one is why the women didn't come forward sooner. In fact, many have gone so far as to saying that the women involved in these allegations are all involved in some grand media conspiracy to "bring the black man down". We will discuss and explore the many aspects of this case, the responses from the black community and the historical norms behind those responses. Please feel free to call in and share your views and remember to follow Progressive Black Thinkers Radio by clicking on the tab.
Queen MoJo and King Peter bring the B,L.A.S.T. Black Life and Survival Training show to Proud Black Me Radio Sunday Nights at 8PM. As protests and demonstrations continue in the aftermath of the grand jury decisions regarding the deaths of Michael Brown and Eric Garner, the community gives their views about the movement and how we grow and move forward with change. Celbrities and athletes such as Kobe Bryant and Lebron James have shown their support, but what does it all mean?. Log on or Call in to listen or discuss with us!
Tonight Black Geeks talk about the multitude of books that they consume on an annual basis. Well... all expect for one of the Black Geeks. Maybe the other Geeks and show our non-reading Brother, the joy of the literary experience.
Yes, as we all look at the calendar, 2015 is making his way in very soon. It has definitely been an interesting year 2014 for us. So, for the third year in a row, we honor the show's madness by airing a year-in-review episode and choose our best guests, artists, moments, etc. in what we call the 3rd Annual Black Top Awards (airs January 7th @ 8PM ET). Tonight, we unveil the nominees for our special show in these categories:
- Showcase Artist of the Year
- Guest of the Year
- Mr. B. Eazy's Slap of the Year
- Episode of the Year
- Prmiere Artist of the Year
- Entertainer of the Year
- Comedian of the Year
- Sport Your Stuff Model of the Year
Our Sport Your Stuff Model of the Week is the beautiful and established Diva DaNae (Instagram: @diva_danae). She calls in at 8:45pm ET to introduce us to herself, hustle, background, goals, and more!
The latest scandal involving Bill Cosby and the rape allegations, is a major topic on the web as of late. The responses have ranged from full support of him, to people wanting his head on a stake. However what is often overlooked is the impact that these discussions are having on the victims of rape and how the ridiculing of the women involved, is ultimately going to prevent even more rape victims from telling the what happened to them. The black community has a variety of views and a major one is why the women didn't come forward sooner. In fact, many have gone so far as to saying that the women involved in these allegations are all involved in some grand media conspiracy to "bring the black man down". We will discuss and explore the many aspects of this case and take your questions during the podcast. Please feel free to call in and share your views.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (37 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (28 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (28 chatters)
- Straitway (27 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (22 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (21 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (13 chatters)
- Viviendo con los Angeles (13 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (10 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (9 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (8 chatters)
- Platinum Queens West (7 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (7 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (7 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (7 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (6 chatters)
- Dino Dean (6 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (5 chatters)
- thelordshour (5 chatters)
- USA live (5 chatters)
- thevioletsanctuaryspa (4 chatters)
- The Invisible College Radio (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (4 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (4 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (4 chatters)
- African On The Move (4 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (3 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (3 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- Four Elements United (3 chatters)
- Pure Adrenaline (3 chatters)
- World Ingathering of YisraEL (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (2 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (2 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (2 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (2 chatters)
- Intellectual entertainment daily (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (2 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (1 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- OPWR (1 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (1 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (1 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- Awakened Athlete (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Dr Mara Karpel Your Golden Years (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- Spirit Of A Dove Entrepreneurs (1 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Warrior Women W2 (1 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (1 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (0 chatters)
- RokThaKonvo (0 chatters)
- Power of Perception Radio Network (0 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (0 chatters)