SORT BY Relevancy
Team-work is key for anyone looking to make history happen according to TV star Tika Sumpter who stars in Tyler Perry's The Haves and the Have Nots. She tells Tim Gordon on BlogTalkRadio that everyone on the team plays their part making things a success, "The buck does not stop at us, it goes through editing, it goes through a process."
When Maya Angelou offers advice, you should always listen - she can definitely help you make history happen. "You shouldn't do anything unless you have passion for it. To bring all your passion, means you dare to study how to do it well and you won't half do it," she tells Rolanda Watts on BlogTalkRadio.
Maya Angelou says: "Whenever you find yourself without an answer, first stop. Just stop. Put yourself at ease. Understand that nobody knows everything all the time."
From Vietnam to U.S Secretary of State - find out how Colin Powell’s military career led him to some of the most important roles in government, influencing politics throughout the world.
It’s an inspirational story of how a young man from Harlem went on to become the first African American Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the first black U.S Secretary of State under George W. Bush.
Colin Powell is making history happen, you can too.
There are not many things that make Oprah Winfrey cry. She's one of the most influential woman in the world, but one scene in her movie The Butler brought her to tears. "I've never seen two black people on a screen being tender with a sense of intimacy," she tells Keeping it Reel on BlogTalkRadio.
As director of the award-winning movie The Butler, Lee Daniels knew he had to show African-American families in the right light. He tells Keeping It Reel on BlogTalkRadio, that audiences will get something they're not always used to when they see the movie, "I have never seen black people that have been betrayed like this before. Now I'm showing blacks like we are rarely seen - loving, caring, going off to school, feelings that African-Americans feel."
Hill Harper, star of CSI: NY, believes living in fear holds too many people back from realizing their true potential and making history happen. He tells Cathy Holloway, host of Living By Design on BlogTalkRadio, "So many of us have inherited so much fear talk, so much limiting talk, so much obstacle type talk. It inhibits us and limits us and the next thing you know you're stuck."
There's one way to help make history happen according to hollywood legend Forest Whitaker - talking. Last year he played the lead role in "The Butler," a movie that tackles civil rights in America. He says "I think acknowledgement and discussion are a big part of healing. From that understanding we can move to forgiveness in some way."
Talking with Tim Gordon, host of Keeping It Reel on BlogTalkRadio, Forest Whitaker says "We have to remain vigilent and watchful and make choices to further our existence as human beings."
GUEST: Forest Whitaker – star of Lee Daniels’ The Butler
SHOW: Keeping It Reel
Winning one Olympic Gold medal is a great achievement. Winning nine Olympic Gold medals is truly amazing. This is the story of how Carl Lewis dominated track & field for over a decade, transforming the sport to allow future athletes the chance to have lucrative, professional careers.
Off the track Lewis is an ambassador for the United Nations. Find out how Carl Lewis is making history happen.
Tony Dungy has been described as the ‘Godfather’ of the NFL. Rarely has someone had as much respect from players and fans across America as has Dungy.
He was the first African-American to coach his team to the Superbowl, only the third person to win the Superbowl as both a player and coach, and since retiring he’s been a mentor for young players throughout the league.
Tony Dungy is making history happen, find out how.
Nelson Mandela’s death last year saw the whole world celebrate his achievements.
He changed the lives of millions of South Africans through his stance against apartheid, serving 27 years in jail before emerging to unite his country.
Be inspired by Nelson Mandela’s story, and find out how he made history happen.
No one has had an impact on popular culture like Quincy Jones. As a music producer he worked with greats like Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles before creating “Off The Wall,” “Thriller” and “Bad” with Michael Jackson.
He also launched “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air” and discovered Will Smith. Quincy Jones is making history happen, you can too.
From beauty queen to the most influential woman in the world - hear the story of how Oprah Winfrey changed history.
Find out how Oprah built her TV network, and put millions of dollars of her own money into a school for girls in South Africa.
Last year she starred in “Lee Daniels’ The Butler,” a movie about civil rights in America. Oprah is making history happen, you can too.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (130 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (71 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (69 chatters)
- Straitway (66 chatters)
- reactionariez (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- WinchesterBros (17 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (17 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (14 chatters)
- p0rnopuppy (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (11 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (10 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (10 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (8 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- Acts 1711 Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (7 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (6 chatters)
- The Portal (6 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (6 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (6 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (6 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (5 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (4 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (4 chatters)
- Aftermath Radio (3 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- Papa Lou (2 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (2 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (2 chatters)
- Aaron McCready (2 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (2 chatters)
- zuadionzunno (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- DHead Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (0 chatters)