SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Benita Tyler grew up in San Diego, California where she attended San Diego State University. Throughout her life she realized there was a common denominator between the love she had for children and her desire to help others. She raised six children, and has helped many fallen angels throughout her life’s journey. When she turned fifty she had an epiphany! She realized she was a broken woman who spent the better part of her life wandering aimlessly around trying to find the root cause of her despair. She began to place her thoughts on paper and was able to face her demons. Out of that self-analysis her memoir Addicted to Dysfunction: Released to Live Life Out Loud was born. This led to a passionate writing career and desire to become a life coach. Her second book Put Up or Get Shut Down tells the epic tale of “Salty Dog” her husband’s alter ego who takes you on a journey into the urban motorcycle world.
After finding a comfortable place among her peer as a writer she took the next step and penned her first novel Wayward Sisters, an intriguing story about three women whose lives are intertwined by their good and bad choices. They confront their demons by trial and error and eventually live the victorious lives they dreamt about. She has been featured on many internet radio shows and is available for public speaking events. She currently lives in Kokomo, Indiana with her husband and young daughter.
****We will also host @BrendaEatsLV and learn more about Brenda. See the book blog for yourself at www.eatinglasvegas.me.
Born and raised in Oakland, California, Khari first began writing poetry as a young child while living in foster homes. He transitioned from poet to spoken word artist in 2006, and won several poetry slams for his performances. In 2006, he went on to publish a poetry book, release a spoken word mixtape, and performed at some of the top spoken word venues in the country, including Spoken Soul Sessions in New Orleans during the Essence Music Festival, Nuyorican Poets Café in New York, Soul Cypher in Oakland and Cafe Nuba in Denver. In 2010, Khari released his first official album, Victory, fusing spoken word, neo-soul, jazz, gospel and hip hop. In 2014, Khari released his sophomore spoken word album, Through Thick and Thin, as well as his book, Curvy and Confident, which is a self-empowerment guide for women to help them overcome low self-confidence, negative body image, and insecurities. Khari is also the creator of the "Curvy and Confident" page on Facebook which has over half a million followers.
Personal Care TIP:
It's Beginning to get warm outside and temperatures are expected to soar for the summertime...
So here are a few of my tips to help keep you fresh and clean.
I'm aware that this subject can be taboo, but for some, it's NEEDED.
5 Easy Steps to keep you SPRING FRESH and CLEAN ALL DAY!
1. SHOWER MORE FREQUENTLY: During the Summer months the body perspires more which could give off a foul odor if you tend to sweat profusely! Try to fit in an additional shower between meetings to avoid embarrassment. If you work a long day and cannot get to a shower…
2. BE SURE TO CARRY A WASH CLOTH AND SOAP and Baby wipes, or Feminine wipes in your purse and use some of your break time to wash yourself in the ladies room and…
3. CHANGE YOUR UNDER GARMENTS and panty liners! Even if you’re NOT on your period, panty liners will keep your feminine area clean and your panties fresh.
4. AVOID HEAVY PERFUMES: Do not, I REPEAT, DO NOT wear the same fragrances for Summer that you wore all Fall and Winter! Choose a lighter scent. Heavy perfumes on a sweaty body will only intensify an ALREADY bad smell…and NEVER EVER EVER SPRAY PERFUME ON A DIRTY BODY!
5. WATCH YOUR DIET!!! Remember, what goes in SHOWS OUT!!!! If you choose to eat greasy fried foods, and starchy salty foods, you will actually begin to LOOK GREASY!!! You will feel weighted down and HOT, your cholesterol levels will intensify with souring temperatures, and you’ll just feel and look YUCKY!!! Choose organic fruits, veggies, oats, and grains! Stay hydrated with water!
***Keep your face clean and revamp your makeup routine as well. Instead of a full coverage foundation go for a light BB Cream, skip the heavy contouring, and choose a light pigmented go to lip-gloss!
Enjoying a FEMININE FRESH SUMMER...
Join the Bougie Girl as she discusses "Messy Transitions"
Sylvia “SylkyDiva” Wilson was born and raised in Montgomery, AL. She has performed in a variety of venues— from outdoor and indoor festivals to concert halls including the world famous Apollo Theater with the Alabama State University Choir, and became the opening act for the S.O.S Band, Rough Endz, and Roger Troutman and Zapp. She also landed theatrical roles as “Effie” in DreamGirls and “Evillene” in The Wiz.
While auditioning for a lead role, she was informed that her voluptuous figure and mocha-colored skin did not line up with the vision for the character and she was advised to lose weight and lighten her skin in order to be considered for the role. In 2007, she decided to showcase her personal experience in her debut theatrical production, “Plus Size Divas The Musical”.
Then in 2011, “Plus Size Divas The Movie” was birthed. In addition to performing, Sylky is an educator with a bachelor’s and master’s degree in Music Education. She is The CEO/Founder of SylkySmoove Entertainment and SylkySoul For The Enrichment Of The Mind, Body & Spirit. Both organizations promote and provide services that focus on empowerment, motivation, size-acceptance and uplifting those that are not considered “the norm” in today’s society.
Join the Bougie Girl as she discusses "Transitioning Your Life Whilst On A Budget"
Michelle "Big Body" Cuttino and Stephanie "Big Sexy" Adkins bring you The My Big Girl Panties Show. A Show dedicated to embracing, enlightening and empowering the plus-size population.
Our spotlight guest is J'son M. Lee. J'son M. Lee is the Owner & President of Sweet Georgia Press, a multi-dynamic publishing and editing firm based in Baltimore, MD. He was born in Lewiston, NC, and resides in Baltimore, MD, where he enjoys a fulfilling, yet busy life that includes managing commercial properties, writing books, editing, food and entertainment, and spending time with loved ones. Lee is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and a multiple award-winning author who creates works that challenge the notion of normalcy. Lee is also a writer and celebrity interviewer at Proud Times Magazine in Spokane, WA, and host of a monthly BlogTalkRadio show, A Different Kind of Love.
Big Stats interview with emerging artist known as Theo
Join the Bougie Girl as she discusses drifting away from toxic life patterns.
Take 2 Radio Jr is a kids and teen show hosted by Andrea on the 2nd & 4th Sunday of the month at 7pm eastern!
We are bringing families back together in front of the radio to listen to their favorite programs.There will be stories, music, fun facts, guest authors to read their children's books, and more! Want your book read on air or do you want to read it on air? Do you sing children's songs or have a recorded songs that you would like played? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our host is Andrea who is a singer and future teacher. On twitter @Take2RadioJr & Andrea @callherdreax3
In this episode Drea will talk to Ann Benjamin Zuraw the author of children's book "Chicks, Chat, & Change: The Money Tree" (Also written by Kim Kesterson Trone) on Sunday, May 24th at 7pm eastern!
Tonight, USBWA Hall of Fame writer Mike DeCourcy from The Sporting News is our guest. He will give his thoughts on the proposed rule changes, 2015 recruits and more.
Kristin York returns this week with her Views from the Street.
And Mike and Michele will be debating something...you just never know what!
Rapping with Charles Handler from Rocket Hire about Big Data used in selection and screening.
Everyone meet Charles, Charles meet everyone:
As a technologist, futurist, business advisor, and selection systems scientist he has spent over 20 years helping organizations across the globe to realize quantifiable value through their processes for selecting and developing human capital.
Charles has helped design hundreds of selection systems putting through 10's of millions of jobseekers. He knows how to architect a hiring system.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (406 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (52 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (41 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (38 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (25 chatters)
- Odwirafo (23 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (13 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (12 chatters)
- PatriotVPN (10 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (9 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (8 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (8 chatters)
- SURN Host (8 chatters)
- thelordshour (8 chatters)
- The Advise Show (7 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (6 chatters)
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (6 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (5 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (3 chatters)
- ANT Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (3 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (3 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (3 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- AACONS (2 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- Mets Public Record (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (1 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)