SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Welcome to the award winning show “the Conversation” in its 4th year airing on Blog Talk Radio. This show features the brightest and most unique guests we can find. We offer a dose of positive energy to inspire, motivate and educate you our listeners. Welcome sit back and enjoy the show!
Hosts: Klarque Garrison and Michele Gilliam-Morrissey
Denise Stokes: Denise is an author, National Speaker and AIDS/HIV Advocate who will speak to us about why we should still care about the Worldwide crisis.
Harrine Freeman: author of "How to Get Out of Debt" and Financial Guru drops by to talk about how to use crowd funding to get your finances on track.
Vanessa Richardson: Playwright and founder of "The Certain Ones" Magazine is here to talk about her newest project "Love Redemption"
All this and more....
This is pt 4 of my interview with Stacey Aaronson, founder of The Book Doctor Is In. In our first interview we talked about how the self-publishing model can help or hurt your book sales. You can hear that interview here. In the second we discussed why DIY and self-publishing are NOT one and the same. You can hear that interview here. In part 3 we delved into the different types of editing and the importance of each, how editors differ and what to look for, and what questions you should ask yourself before interviewing professionals to determine your particular needs, concerns, wishes and goals for your book. You can hear that interview here.
So today "The Book Doctor" is back in the house to complete this important series you won’t want to miss if you’re considering writing and self-publishing a book! Our conversation today will be focused specifically on the questions to ask prospective editors and designers, red flags to heed, and great resources for finding book professionals.
And, BONUS! For Your Partner in Success Radio listeners, Stacey is offering her Master Do’s and Don’ts List of Self-Publishing (with abundant resources!) to help set you on the right path for your publishing journey.
Deb Calvert, author of the DISCOVER Questions™ book series, founded People First Productivity Solutions in 2006 to help businesses build organizational strength by putting people first. The PFPS focus is to boost company productivity through people development. This work includes sales training, coaching and consulting; leadership program design and facilitation; strategic planning with senior managers; team effectiveness work and executive coaching. Deb has worked in, trained for and been featured as a keynote speaker in a wide variety of industries, and she has particular expertise in the produce/agriculture and media industries.
Deb has worked with private and public companies of all sizes and has helped family-owned businesses and start ups survive and thrive in a tough economic climate. Prior to starting her own company, Deb worked in senior-level Sales, Operations and Human Resources roles for a Fortune 500 company. Her unique mix of experience enables her to understand the challenges faced by entrepreneurs.
Due to her extensive research on how asking purposeful questions improves interpersonal and professional connections, Deb has been called “The Queen of Questions.”
Deb is also the author of DISCOVER Questions™ - Get You Connected: for Professional Sellers which is a finalist for Top Sales & Marketing Book of 2013, one of the Top 50 Summer Reads, and a best-selling book that's been hailed as "a new classic for every sales professional."
Please be sure to join us in the chat room!
This is pt 3 of my interview with Stacey Aaronson, founder of The Book Doctor Is In. In our first interview we talked about how the self-publishing model can help or hurt your book sales. You can hear that interview here. In the second we discussed why DIY and self-publishing are NOT one and the same. You can hear that interview here.
So today "The Book Doctor" is back in the house with an interview you won’t want to miss if you’re considering writing and self-publishing a book! This week’s focus is all about what questions you should ask—and what red flags to heed—when seeking your dream book production professionals. You want to have strong trust and confidence in the editor(s), book cover designer, interior layout artist, and proofreader you hand your “baby” over to, and Stacey will give you the blueprint for performing the best due diligence and conducting the most productive interviews, all with the intent of finding the most harmonious partner(s) for your particular needs, wishes, and goals as a future published author with excellence.
And, BONUS! For Your Partner in Success Radio listeners, Stacey is offering her Master Do’s and Don’ts List of Self-Publishing (with abundant resources!) to help set you on the right path for your publishing journey. It’s a free mini-class on self-publishing!
Virtual Assistance Industry
In this episode of Your Partner In Success Radio I am joined by Tracey Osborne, CEO of Business Solutions Made Easy.
Tracey is an expert Project Manager and Virtual Assistant who assists high achieving entrepreneurs in surpassing their goals by managing the behind the scenes operations. By removing the stress of daily operations, Tracey allows her clients the focus and freedom to do whatever it is that they do best…thus resulting in heightened profit and growth.
We are going to discuss the virtual assistance industry and drill down so that you are able to understand the industry distinctions. For instance, what is a Virtual Assistant (VA)? What is a concierge VA? What is a Project Manager and how is that different from an Online Business Manager (OBM)? And how is an OBM different from a VA? And then of course, we will talk about VA teams.
It can be very confusing to sort through the different levels of expertise when making the decison to work with a virtual business professional and we are going to help you get very clear on this topic.
This is part 2 of my interview with Stacey Aaronson, founder of The Book Doctor Is In. In our first interview we talked about how the self-publishing model can help or hurt your book sales. You can hear that interview here.
In part 2, Stacey will discuss why DIY and self-publishing are NOT one and the same, with the goal of helping aspiring authors avoid making critical and costly mistakes on their way to becoming published.
She will also discuss:
What are the biggest ways the traditional publishing model differs from the self-publishing model?
What’s one of the biggest mistakes writers make before they start writing?
What are some of the red flags writers should heed when seeking out independent publishing professionals (editors and designers)?
And much more!
Please be sure to join us in the chat room to ask questions of Stacey. She is here to help!
Dr. Patricia Thompson is an award-winning psychologist and management consultant who is passionate about helping her clients flourish. Since 2004, she has advised CEOs and senior leaders to assist them in achieving their best outcomes. She founded Silver Lining Psychology, to teach businesses how to use the science of positive psychology to achieve greater outcomes. She is also the author of The Consummate Leader: a Holistic Guide to Inspiring Growth in Others…and in Yourself.
She has been featured in CNN.com, Fast Company, Entrepreneur, The Network Journal, MindBodyGreen, iVillage, Elephant Journal, CareerBuilder and other sites.
Originally from Alberta, Canada, she completed her B.A. in sociology at the University of Toronto. She then went on to earn her M.A. and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Georgia State University. As part of her training, she completed a predoctoral internship at the University of Pennsylvania and a postdoctoral fellowship through Emory University’s School of Medicine.
Patricia has taught courses and facilitated seminars at the Wharton Business School, the University of Toronto, Emory University, Spelman College, Georgia State University, and various community organizations. She has also won awards from the American Psychological Association, the Southeastern Psychological Association, and the Georgia Psychological Association for excellence in research. For the past 15 years, she has assisted individual clients of all degrees of functioning and businesses of various sizes to accomplish their goals.
Patricia Haley interviews with book author and talk radio show host, Denise Turney, on Off The Shelf radio. Date of this entertaining, feature interview is Saturday, August 2, 2014. Show starts at 11am/EST. The process of creating award winning novels, juggling multiple roles, staying motivated as a writer and how to increase book sales are topics that Off The Shelf talk radio host, Denise Turney, and author, Patricia Haley, will talk about. You'll have the chance to get answers to your questions live on the air!!
Join the interview LIVE by dialing (347) 994-3490 or by clicking http://www.blogtalkradio.com/denise-turney-. See you there!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (81 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (81 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (46 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (36 chatters)
- thelordshour (26 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (22 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (21 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (19 chatters)
- reactionariez (17 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (14 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (13 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (12 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (11 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (9 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (9 chatters)
- in5d (9 chatters)
- TXHXOXRX MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (9 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (8 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (8 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- OPWR (8 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (6 chatters)
- Body of Christ (6 chatters)
- dtm radio (6 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (6 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (6 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (5 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (5 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Rifleman (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (4 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- DONT PLAY RADIO (3 chatters)
- drkate (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (3 chatters)
- The Keys107 (3 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Program Returns (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- manofgod7 (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- Bonnie Kaye (2 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Amenti The Writer (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Heaven Speaks (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- El Maat (1 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- PATRIOT CH (1 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (1 chatters)
- men empowered (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)