SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Research tells us that attractive women are 20% more likely to be hired by another woman and 300% more likely to be hired by a man than unattractive women. Join Judi Moreo, host of Choices, as she talks about the traits of attractive people and how anyone can become attractive. Judi will give you an overall plan for developing good taste and you will learn what clothing makes up a basic wardrobe, how much jewelry is appropriate for business, as well as how many pairs of shoes every woman should own. lol!
You will also learn how to select a wardrobe that's right for you and your job, how to formulate your cost per wearing, and how to adopt an attitude of attractiveness.
in Self Help
Dr. Julie Helmrich, psychologist from Milwaukee, WI and originator of Shrink n Drink, delivers a weekly mini-course what human beings find universally attractive and what they find unattractive, with tips about 6 areas that anyone can work on who is interested in permanent attractiveness. Hint: none of them have to do with 6 pack abs.
Esther has a story that has inspired millions of people. Women and men world-wide can rejoice that we have this awesome example of a female who was beautiful inside and out. She showed that physical attractiveness is not enough to get the job done in life. To really be all you can be, you need to have a reverent and devotional spirit unto God and a character that is stable and rational. When the lives of Esther and her people became threatened, instead of backing up into a position of fear and hysteria, she became the epitome of 2 Timothy 1:7. The Queen did not have a spirit of fear! Absolutely not!! She demonstrated power, love and a sound mind…….a deep and undisturbed mind……When her uncle, Mordecai, let her know that death and destruction were upon them, Esther did not panic; instead, she stayed calm, cool and collected; quickly deciding to command prayer and fasting FIRST!!! Then, she humbly and courageously went forward with a plan that did not have a guaranteed outcome. A plan in which she would have to lead in the battle to save Jewish lives; a plan in which, unless God intervened, she might surely perish in her trying. It is a classroom experience to see how she volleys back and forth with her uncle, Mordecai, as they work together to go to war against their enemy. I enjoyed this discussion immensely on our BlogTalk Radio show: Devoted To HIM with Misti Long. I hope you will get stirred up all over again about how God used this courageous beauty Queen to save our spiritual ancestors from death. God Bless and let’s thank Him for Esther’s leadership savvy, awareness and spiritual intelligence.
Do people often say, “You’re such a great catch; I’m surprised you’re still single!” Are you wondering why yourself? Have you started questioning your desirability and attractiveness? Are you tired of dating disappointments and incompatible partners?
It’s time to take a serious look at where you’re going wrong in your approach to dating. Relationship Coach Rosalind Sedacca will help you identify patterns that may be keeping you from achieving your relationship goals so you can find a worthy and lasting love partner.
In sports, does male insecurities play a role in the treatment of fellow colleauges that are women?
How much does attractiveness play in gaining ground in the sports world? Why do women receive backlash over their apprearence more than their male counterparts?
Would a successful woman in sports be able to have a relationship with a unsucceful/lesser known mate (that may be in sports as well).
With a lack of female owners in sports, do you think Shelly Sterling's situation will hinder future ownership growth?
Are females that breakthrough in sports modern day role models?
Does reality television damage the perception of women in sports media?
This episode will feature a special guest! Vashti Hurt! Vashti's bio:
My life-long passion and enthusiasm for athletics led me to leave a career as a stock broker to make sports journalism my life’s work.
It is my job to find fresh and compelling stories in and outside traditional sports reporting and share them with readers and listeners in a way that is entertaining and fun. I am able to analyze and report on events that provoke widespread interest and am outfitted with sports knowledge that is vast and refreshing. I take pride in not keeping up with the trends, but setting them.
I produce numerous stories per day for Black Sports Online and host Game Over on Yahoo Sports Radio. I also make regular appearances, both visual and audio, on other sports shows.
Welcome to Independent Underground Radio LIVE - MICHIGAN'S TOP POLITICO PODCAST - Aired each Tuesday & Thursday @ 11am ET.
-What's the real deal behind former U.S. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor embarrassing lost to a then little known Tea Party affiliated Economics professor Dave Brat -- who believes in the word salad called Christian Capitalism.
-Why does Tom Donohue of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce believe now Virginia District 7 Republican Nominee Brat's "attractiveness" is what lead to his historic win against Cantor? Does Donohue want to have a secret candlelight dinner with Brat at a Steakhouse the Cantor will pay for, to glare at Brat's "attractiveness"? We'll Discuss.
-Michigan's Road Tax is dead for now as Lawmakers in the State Senate refused to allow voters to determine if a 1% sales tax hike was the best way to fix Michigan crumbing roads. Does this defeat insert another chapter in Michigan Governor Rick Snyder's (R) failed leadership book?
-The DMC & Wayne State University owe MILLIONS of dollars to the City of Detroit in past due light bills. Yet, Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr insist on first cutting off residents from water for owning a few hundred bucks?
Independent Underground Radio LIVE FEATURED FOUR YEAR ON BTR -Progressive Talk Radio- podcast based out of Ann Arbor covering Michigan and National Politics, breaking news and more. As Michigan's Top Politico podcast, IU Radio LIVE had over 200K podcast downloads in 2013 alone!
Host Monica RW is an owner/writer for the popular Independent Underground News website, media consultant for ROJS Media LLC, a experienced grassroots and elected local political leader, and brings her researched Independent opinions to the political issues of the day.
Call into the show with your thoughts and opinions at 347-934-0185 or tweet us @IUNewsTalk.
Ben Moore of PantherTalk.com is joined by the Atlanta Journal Constitution's Doug Roberson to discuss Cheryl Levick's exit, the potential of the Georgia State Athletics Director job, thoughts on the attractiveness of the position at this point and the potential for Ben Moore Field at Panther Place.
In the MYTH WARRIORS™ series we are targeting ideas to begin to assess whether they are credible or not (i.e., they are a myth, fallacy or even a lie). The target for this episode is,
“Attractive people make more money than unattractive people!”
- “Why do you think beautiful people earn more? Hamermesh: People may more attention to them, listen to them better.” (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-your-looks-affect-your-salary/)
- “People who were rated as good-looking made more money, were better educated, and were more confident. But a person’s intelligence affected their income more than their looks did. […T]he effects of self-concept are particularly noteworthy. Its effects on income are stronger than those of attractiveness and nearly as strong as those of intelligence (http://www.webmd.com/beauty/20090520/want-a-higher-salary-get-brains-beauty)
- “Attractive people earn about 5 percent more in hourly pay than their average-looking colleagues, who in turn earn 9 percent more per hour than the plainest-looking workers. […] Researchers Markus Mobius and Tanya Rosenblat found that confidence makes up 20 percent of perceived attractiveness.” (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/Careers/02/28/cb.pretty/)
- ““Women feel that beauty is inherently important,” says Daniel Hamermesh, a University of Texas at Austin labor economist and the study’s lead author. “They just feel bad if they’re ugly.” […] Hamermesh is the acknowledged father of pulchronomics, or the economic study of beauty.” (http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/how-much-is-being-attractive-worth-80414787/#hYuHTU1Mki869HWF.99)
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ? Thích Nh?t H?nh
Steve Schloss has experienced a 24 year marriage, a lousy divorce, years of dating and is now in a wonderfully loving relationship. Steve is passionate about relationships and understands what makes them loving and fun. Writing to men, Steve recognizes that guys don’t want a bunch of theories on the differences between men and women. Men want solutions! They want a “play book” that tells them what they need to do to make their wives happy.
Professional athletes and celebrities trust Ashley Black. She is a guru in hybrid health: reducing pain and improving sports performance and attractiveness.
Author Dale Obrochta says, "It is our responsibility to improve our lives by reducing stress-causing factors that lead to heart diseases, obesity, diabetes, headaches, and depression."The AMA reported that in the past 5 years, 44% of Americans have had an increase in psychological s
In all the accolades given to actress Lupita Nyong'o for her portrayal of Patsy in the movie "12 Years A Slave" the idea is constantly reinforced that finally a dark skinned woman is being recognized as beautiful. The trauma of being branded "ugly" because of ones dark skin is a common experience, particularly for women, and the media continues to portray female attractiveness as the image of light skin and long straight hair, so much so that the beauty industry constantly rakes in money from black women buying hair weaves. Are we still living under a color-caste system? Are we unconsciously teaching our children to favor lighter skinned people? Do we unconsciously discriminate against darker skinned people? Are black people in America more guilty of promoting a color caste system than black people in other parts of the world?
When you look in the mirror, what do you see? How much of that is affected by what you perceive as society's standard for physical attractiveness? What do men and women really find attractive?
Do you feel that it's harder to attract men because of your extra large dress size dress? Are you too fat for love? Do men only want skinny women? Do Americans have an obsession with being slim? Can over weight women handle challenging careers like their skinny counterparts? Do we live in a culture that shames fat people? The entire diet industry is built around this kind of shame and makes billions of dollars yearly off of this overweight shame. The news stories tell us if you lose weight you will find a husband or suitable partner, is this true. Is falling in love and having good sex depended on being skinny? The Love Dr. will talk about the real facts when it comes to our skinny brothers and sisters. Fat people have the same needs,and, drives,sexual appetites as anyone else. She will discuss how to be irrestible at any dress size. How to determine a womens level of attractiveness. The lovelines are open Tues 18, 2014. 9 pm est 714 242-5155. blogtalkradio.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (165 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (74 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (35 chatters)
- Yada (30 chatters)
- reactionariez (28 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (15 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- Straitway (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (10 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (10 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (9 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (9 chatters)
- In Christ Alone Ministries (6 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- Bellesprit (5 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (5 chatters)
- Omni Media Tribe Network (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Amen Communications Network (3 chatters)
- George Ramirez (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- MCRMedia Marlins Country Radio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Grudge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- History Guys (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- National Gridiron Network (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (1 chatters)
- The Resistance United Radio (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Power Of The Harvest (1 chatters)
- Radio Kids0 (1 chatters)