SORT BY Relevancy
Today Laura Theodore the Jazzy Vegetarian welcomes the internationally recognized expert on nutrition and health, Dr. Pam Popper to talk about Is Aspirin Safe or Protective?
SEASON FOUR of Jazzy Vegetarian continues to air every Tuesday and Thursday on the CREATE NETWORK and now Season Four of Jazzy Vegetarian airs on WLIW - every Sunday at 2:30PM! Check local listings near you. Autographed copies of Laura Theodore’s cookbooks and the new “Best of Jazzy Vegetarian DVD” are now available at jazzyvegetarian.com. Dr. Pam Popper is a naturopath, an internationally recognized expert on nutrition and health the Founder and Executive Director of The Wellness Forum. Dr. Popper is the author of the popular and riveting new book Food Over Medicine and she part of Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s teaching team at eCornell. Learn more: www.wellnessforum.com
TODAY WE GO TO THE NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL TO SEE WHERE MEDICINE'S HEAD IS LEANING
Tune in at noon to hear Dr. Len Brancewicz of http://thenutritionshoppe.net discuss today's hottest health topics and new from a complimentary perspective. From colds to cancer and everything in between, Dr. Len can offer honest advice that makes sense.
As a Registered Pharmacist (RPh), Certified Clinical Nutritionist (CCN), Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (NMD), and a homeopath, Dr. Len has over 35 years experience in helping to keep you and your family healthy and happy.
Call in today to ask about your most pressing health concerns! HERE WE GO DIGGING INTO THE NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE...MORE BIG NEWS AND COMMENTS!!
Due to the increased efforts by Big Ag to spread propaganda about the impact of neonicotinoids, we are airing this encore presentation which focuses on claims about the impact of neonicotinoids. In this special series called "The Neonicotinoid View", host, June Stoyer talks to the President of the European Professional Beekeepers Association, Walter Haefeker to review claims made by the aspirin maker/bee advocate company, Bayer about neonicotinoids and pollinators. Walter Haefeker, is the President of the European Professional Beekeepers Association, on the Board of Directors of the German Professional Beekeepers Association and Coordinator of the International Federation of Beekeepers’ Associations (Apimondia) Working Group 10 on GMOs
If you are not receiving our most recent interviews, please re-subscribe to our new Official RSS feed on iTunes, Youtube or you can visit our podcast archives at www.theorganicview.com. ©2015 TheOrganicView.com. All Rights Reserved.
Are you an avid gardener or are just learning about gardening? Do you like FREE stuff? Tune in to The Organic View Radio Show, Monday through Friday @6pm Eastern and by sending us your feedback, you could win one of our monthly prizes!
Today’s show is sponsored by Austria’s Finest Naturally Authentic Pumpkin Seeds and Pumpkin Seed Oil from the Steiermark available at OrganicUniverse.com. Listeners of TheOrganicView can receive $1 off their purchase by using the coupon code "orgview". For more offers, please visit our website at www.theorganicview.com
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions and 30 minute interview with Robin Fre.
this Q&A includes:
• spiraea is aspirin containing salicylic acid- Susun is more likely to reach for hypericum or skullcap..
• rudbeckia- interchanegable with echinacea- harvest as late in fall as possible..
• 33 years old and trying to conceive for 4 years..
• foot fungus- hysterical hygiene, soak in white vinegar, horsetail, goldenseal powder..
• making tincture with dried and fresh plant material..
• lead in soil and harvesting plants..
• being in menopause- no such thing as perimenopause..
• phytosterols in food- red clover is safe..
• nourishment through story medicine..
• taking care of your ovaries- gingko..
Addiction Specialist, Mark Lipp
Book: An Addict Within
Website: www.anaddictwithin.com, www.marklipp.com
Topic: Celebrity Addiction – Bobbi Kristina Brown
1. The spiral of Addiction starts for someone who is escaping pain. Whether that is physical or emotional. Like we take aspirin for a headache they take a much more dangerous path, Cocaine, crack heroin etc. for the pain in their head. Aspirin is to us, as Drugs and Alcohol is to them. They find relief momentarily for the pain... but it works! They may start recreationally but find that "It works" for their emotional or physical pain. That is the beginning of the spiral. They may start with Marijuana or Alcohol and then when that doesn't work anymore you up the ante to pills or more.....
A recent study in the Journal of Women’s Health showed only 41 percent of those who met the recommendation for primary prevention (before heart attack or stroke) reported taking aspirin on a daily basis, the researchers found.
Additionally, only 48 percent of those who met the criteria for secondary prevention (after heart attack or stroke) responded “yes” to daily aspirin use. Why don’t women take the easiest form of prevention for heart disease there is – a daily aspirin?
Call in to ask a question or just listen to our show with Dr Greg Pokrywka, MD, our women’s health and menopause expert on June 27, 2012.
THE SHOW AUDIO IS NOW AVAILABLE!! PLEASE ENJOY, SORRY FOR THE DELAY...We appreciate each of you immensely... <3
BLOODTHINNERS”-do they really thin the blood?
It has become common practice to give elderly human, baby aspirin daily for the purpose of thinning their blood.
Now what does it mean: “thinning the blood?”
How can aspirin thin the blood? Well, it does not. What we call blood thinners are medi-sins that prevent blood from coagulating.
What are the side effects of daily aspirin usage?
Stomach ulcers, intestinal bleeding, increased risk of pancreatic cancer, kidney damages, eye damages…
The benefits of blood thinning therapy taken from Dr. Mercola site;
Study Comparing Blood-Thinning Therapies to no Antithrombotic Therapy
• Participants included 279 patients who were diagnosed with heart failure that required diuretic therapy
• Participants were divided into three groups, aspirin therapy, warfarin therapy and no antithrombotic therapy
Results of the Study
• Aspirin and warfarin didn't provide the patients with any valuable health benefits
• There didn't appear to be any substantial differences of incidences of death, nonfatal heart attacks or nonfatal stroke in the three groups of the study
• Patients in the aspirin group had increased chances of experiencing serious gastrointestinal problems
• Patients in the aspirin therapy group were twice as likely as the patients in the warfarin group to face hospitalization for cardiovascular complications, particularly worsening cases of heart failure during the first 12 months following the study
If you want to thin the blood isn’t it normal that you reach for water first?
Book Discussion welcomes Dr. Glenn Parrish the author of The Renaissance of Aspirin. This is the story of Anita Thomas and Jack Wheaton, two young doctors unwittingly in possession of a designer antibody for the treatment of fibromyalgia syndrome. The new drug is effective, but dangerously flawed. The problem is Anita Thomas has developed a cheap, safe alternative agent. Naturally, after expenditure of a fortune in development, the drug manufactures are not at all pleased with her. The pieces unfold, as we follow Anita and Jack from beautiful upscale midtown to the seedier downtown counterparts of Boston and Atlanta over shadowed by deadly stalkers and embellished by amorous often comically frustrating misadventures. The Renaissance of Aspirin is peppered with industrial espionage, suspense and passion as the chase is on for the first cure for fibromyalgia. Entangled with colorful comrades such as Dasher Clay; Stormi Seales and Khandi Barr in their camp, Anita and Jack barely keep ahead of the treacherous cabal of nemeses; Luciana Velasquez and Jason Brasil led by the Über-villain, Orson Quirk. Paced in the tradition of The Pelican Brief, Coma or a contemporary Maltese Falcon, The Renaissance of Aspirin is both plot and character driven with a ly credible McGuffin at its core. These complex characters are funny, mean, desperate, lonely and at the same time very humanly imperfect. Readers will find their prickly exploits thoroughly entertaining. Dr. Parrish will discuss his novel and explain Fibromyalgia to our audience. Please join me at four eastern, three central and two mountain. I am your host Fran Lewis editor of MJ magazine.
Most people go through an EXERCISE PHASE, I NEVER OUTGREW MINE!
You don't have to fight to stay fit, all you need to do is make the decision to become healthier by exercising and eating like a champion. Your CHOICES determine how healthy your body and brain will AGE. Be realistic about what your body can do. All activity should be age-appropiate. SIDE BAR, check with your doctor when starting any new that pertains to your health.
For starters, lift weights and eat low fat yogurt, but not at the same time. Both are key to protect bones, which weaken as you age. Drink before you're thirsty. Your body needs to stay hydrated to function properly. Get quality SLEEP...aim for 7-8 hours every night. Quality SLEEP helps to maintain a healthy life into later years.
Before taking ASPIRIN---ASK...etc.
Get a SKIN CHECK...etc.
WALK, WALK, WALK...etc.
PLAY, HAVE FUN, ENJOY...etc.
Join Host Live Chats
There are no live chats in progress