SORT BY Relevancy
The interested parties have come to your party: that Art Festival you have been planning and marketing for 364 days. How do you make sure they love the show, bring their friends, buy art, spread the word about what they found there and can't wait for next year?
Sharon McAllister, Executive Director of ArtFest Fort Myers (FL) and Jenny Wright, Festival Director of The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival (TX) join the conversation and share their best tips for building a memorable experience for their patrons.
We'll learn about their decisions on:
plus what works and even more interestingly what they've done that doesn't work!
Connie Mettler presents results from her 2014 Best Art Fair Survey of art fair buyers where she gathered data about what makes them come to a festival and why ... plus ... why there are formerly favorite shows that they no longer attend.
Both of these events were chosen as Top 50 Events in the survey.
Learn more about ArtFest Fort Myers. Learn more about The Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival.
On today’s show we will discuss how to you can use all of the new video apps to build your customer list and sell more of your art. Join Leslie Saeta and September co-host Kelley Sanford as they discuss how to use video and your social media to grow your art business.
Season 3 of the Movie Geeks United Art of Cinematography series kicks off with Laela Kilbourn, an artist who has achieved acclaim for her contributions to a series of beloved documentaries, including American Teen, Word Wars and the upcoming How to Dance in Ohio, which premieres on HBO on October 26.
For more information on the Art of Cinematography series, visit http://www.moviegeeksunited.net.
Our guest this morning is Michael Bell.
Michael, a South Bay local, is the founder and co-owner of Bell Event Services. He grew up in the area, watching it prosper and wanting to be a part of the community. He began working as a bass player at a young age with local bands. After getting married and having children, he began working as the Event Coordinator for a large production company for a number of years.
About 10 years ago, Michael made the bold move to start Bell Event Services, utilizing the contacts he'd made over the years. It was a struggle in the beginning and started out of his garage, but has since blossomed into one of the largest event companies in California.
Michael prides himself on his amazing team building, strategy and logistical skills and provides his customers with the very best. His unwavering desire to see things through has resulted in the management of many annual events and the regular business of many clients, such as Fiesta Hermosa and Edelbrock's Rev'ved Up 4 Kids Car Show, along with entertainers such as Jim Belushi and Frank Sinatra Jr.
So, this morning, we’re going to get the inside scoop on the upcoming Fiesta Hermosa, taking place Labor Day Weekend, September 5 through September 7.
To Find Out More about Jackie Balestra visit
To Find Out More Your Host, Joe Terry visit
On Facebook at ...
Art In Odd Places started as a grass roots happening and has transformed into an annual landmark art festival thanks to its many artists and supporters. This year's "odd" 11th anniversary: AIOP 2015: RECALL will again transform NYC's 14th Street into a civic space where social interaction and creative expression captivate imaginations and deeply connect people to themselves and the world.
Talkupy welcomes Ed Woodham, Founder & Director of AIOP, to the show on Thursday, Oct. 1 at 11 am ET. In addition to hearing about what to expect at this year's event, Woodham will discuss the importance of presenting visual and performance art in public spaces across the U.S.
For more info on "Public Art as Social Engagement" watch Ed's TEDxIndianapolis To donate to the project, please click here. Please follow @Talkupy_Radio on Twitter and visit Talkupy.net
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for Big Blend Radio airing live from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona, the headquarters for the Big Blend Spirit of America Tour of all 408 National Park units.
On This Episode:
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks with Colleen Bathe - Chief of Interpretation, Education and Partnerships; and Sandy Blankenship – Exeter Chamber of Commerce & Sequoia Tourism Council.
- Biodiversity – Ecologist Brian Machovina discusses his upcoming new study in Science of the Total Environment, about why adopting a plant-based diet can contribute to the preservation of natural resources and have a substantial impact on biodiversity.
- Food as Imagery - New Mexico based artist Victoria Chick discusses the history of food as an art subject.
- Peanuts – Donna George, owner of The Peanut Patch in Yuma, Arizona.
Science Fiction – Writer / Film Director Olatunde Osunsanmi discusses his work on 'The Fourth Kind,' 'Evidence' and 'Falling Skies'
How do use our astrological charts to understand ourselves in all our multi-layered complexity? Join us as author, astrologer, and teacher Lynn Bell talks about the great archetypes and mythology of our horoscopes.
Lynn Bell is a Paris-based astrologer whose work spans multiple cultures as a speaker, teacher, author and consultant in astrology. Initially self-taught, she quickly built a private practice with an international clientele. After many years of teaching and lecturing throughout France, she was invited to join the Centre for Psychological Astrology in London in 1995.
As a master consulting astrologer with a multi-layered approach, Lynn’s work combines psychological and spiritual perspectives. Her interest in working with familial patterns first emerged from work with clients. After personal work in analysis, her training in Eriksonian Hypnosis led to work in family systems, and later, several years of ongoing research groups on the charts of families. Her book on planetary patterns in families, Planetary Threads, was first published in 1998.
She lectures and teaches seminars around the world, from Western Europe to far-off lands like Bali, Mexico, Australia and South Africa as well as the US, and most recently in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. In the UK she teaches for The Faculty of Astrological Studies Summer school in Oxford, and the LSA, as well as the CPA. Outside the world of astrology, she has often collaborated with Caroline Myss, and her CMED Institute. She has been part of the faculty of the New Chartres School, held every year, for the past seven years in Chartres, France by Wisdom University.
Her books are CYCLES OF LIGHT: Exploring the Mysteries of Solar Returns; The Mars Quartet; and Planetary Threads.
As artists, we all know there are a lot of things we need to do to promote and sell our art. On today’s show we have narrowed down the list to the top ten things you need to focus on and do well! Join Leslie Saeta and September co-host Kelley Sanford as they discuss these top ten items and also discuss how you can get help in making them happen!
Join Host Live Chats
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (42 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (16 chatters)
- Prepper Chicks (15 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (15 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (12 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- Elucidating Life (7 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (6 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- Father Teresa (5 chatters)
- 2D Sports Talk (5 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Gonzo After Dark (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (3 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (2 chatters)
- Love Productions (2 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (2 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- The Steve and Joe Show (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (1 chatters)
- untouchable1stfamradio (1 chatters)
- MichICAN Nightly Radio Show (1 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- 5 Smooth Stones (0 chatters)