SORT BY Relevancy
Have you heard about the Angela Bofill Experience?!
I was totally excited when I heard that one of my all time favorite divas, Angela Bofill was going to be on the TV One documentary show, Unsung talking about the Angela Bofill Experience and how she overcame two debilitating strokes in less than one year apart. When I think of the Angela Bofill Experience, there is no other female vocalist I know of who has the strength, power and determination of Angela Bofill! I have had my fair share of interviewing some of the worlds greatest divas such as Patti Labelle, Phyllis Hyman and Gladys Knight. But I am truly humbled and changed forever by having the opportunity to speak with Angela Bofill!
Angela Bofill was born to a white Cuban father and a black Afro-Latino Puerto Rican mother. She performed with Ricardo Marrero & the Group and Dance Theater of Harlem chorus prior to being introduced to Dave Grusin and Larry Rosen (of the jazz label GRP Records) by her friend, the jazz flautist Dave Valentin. Grusin and Rosen signed Bofill and produced her first album, Angie, in 1978. Angie was well received both critically and commercially and included the chart single "This Time I'll Be Sweeter" (co-written by Gwen Guthrie), as well as Bofill's sprawling jazz composition, "Under the Moon and Over the Sky". Less than a year later, a second album, Angel of the Night was released and outperformed its predecessor. The album included the chart singles "What I Wouldn't Do (For the Love of You)" and the up tempo title track, as well as the self-written song "I Try" (covered by Will Downing in 1991). The reception of these albums positioned Bofill as one of the first Latina singers to find success in the R&B and jazz markets.
Following the release of Angel of the Night, the head of Arista, Clive Davis, (whose label had a distribution deal with GRP at the time) showed interest in Bofill, and she switched labels for the release of her next album, Something About You in 1981. The album, produced by Narada Michael Walden, was an attempt to move Bofill into more mainstream R&B and pop material, but performed less well than her earlier releases, despite the relative success of the singles "Holdin' Out for Love" and the title track, which both reached the R&B Top 40. The following year Bofill and Walden reunited for Too Tough, this time achieving a major hit with the title track, which reached #5 on the R&B chart and spent four weeks at #2 on the Dance chart, as well as a Top 20 follow-up single "
The guest on Show Talk with Angela Butler is Hinesville,Ga., Author Tammy Pray Frazier. Her book "In His Own Time", is about the life of her coach," Coach Faye Baker." Baker was in a car accident on the work site I-95 within the state of Georgia. Baker awoke to find herself with no feeling in her legs. And these words were uttered by the doctor,"You will never walk again". But because of God and the will of the human spirit, and the determination of Baker she did walk again. This book will inspire you and let you know that God still is performing miracles.Coach Faye Baker's life and her families love will remind you of family.And also the victories of God within your own lives . And have you saying,"Look How far God has brought me.The day and time of this show is July 23, 2014 @ 7 Pm EST and PM CST. The call in number is 1-347-327-9376.
Coming very soon to Show Talk with Angela Butler is the co-owner of, Airport Antiques & Eclectic Treasures. Janice Nicholas and her husband own an antique store and auction business, but that is not what make the business unique. What makes it unique is that she is the only African American Auctioneer who specializes in antiques,art and collectibles. So everyone tune into this show to hear and learn from Janice, the co- owner of "Airport Antiques". Also, do not forget to check back for the face book postings to find out the day and time. Also check out my goggle share and linkedin pages to find out the day of the show and time.The Nicholas businesses are located one block north of Delta Corporate Office's nestled in the community of Hapeville. Janice started antiquing at the age of 27 yrs old out of a desire to enhance her living environment on a shoestring budget. She retired from the advertising arena to pursue her dream to open one of the first dual businesses that specialize in antiques, fine art and collectibles owned by African Americans. The antiquing and auctioning arena is an industry that has been marginalized for African Americans. There are less than 1% African American Auctioneers in this billion dollar industry. The phone number to their business is 1-404-530-3930..
The guest on "Show Talk with Angela Butler", is Author and inventor James Wallace McDonald. Wallace has wrote books that are funny as well as inspiring. His inventions will soon be made for the public to buy. But his books are currently available on amazon.com. Get ready to hear about his story about his self and a illness and condition that has not stopped him for being called ,"talented overachiever." He will be on,"Show Talk with Angela Butler this" Monday on July 14, 2014". The time of this show will be at,"7 PM EST and 6 PM CST. Be ready to be inspired The link to this show is http://www.blogtalkradio.com/angela-butler/2014/07/14/show-talk-with-angela-butler
The guest on,"Show Talk with Angela Butler", is the soulful R&B artist Howard Hewett." Hewett is famous for his songs," I'm For Real","This Love Is For Real", Show Me",.Also," A Love Of Your Own", "I''m For Real". Also the talented Howard Hewett is known for his Gospel Song, "Say Amen." The time for this show is at 7 PM EST, 6 PM CST, also 4 PM PST. The day for this show Tuesday July 15, 2014. The number to call in and listen is 1-347-327-9376.
On Show Talk with Angela Butler the guest will be Sarah Jakes, the daughter of Pastor TD Jakes. She will be on the show july 2, 2014 @ 7 PM EST. Jakes will be discussing her new book. Also she will talk about being a teenage mom while being the daughter of a famous Pastor. She will discuss the media and being married and divorced at a young age. so tune into "Show Talk with Angela Butler", to hear her story. age. so tune into "Show Talk with Angela Butler", to hear her story.
I refuse to live in a country like this, and I’m not leaving."
By Michael Moore
The guest on today's Show Talk with Angela Butler is James H Costen Jr. He is a current grad student - Sociology (Race and Urban Studies) at Georgia State University. James received his Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology (Organizational and Social Change) at Kennesaw State University. He has spoken as far away as Nairobi, Kenya and has presented at various academic conferences on topics like homelessness, drug addiction, mass incarceration, and Black American youth development.
This show is about Poverty in America, and America's answer to poverty being incarceration. Also we will be discussing the unfairness of the criminal justice system for Black Americans, blatant racial profiling by police officers, main stream media and Blacks. We will discuss the importance of including a 500-year view of the Black American experience and the traumatic effects of colonization, slavery, early Jim Crow, and today's Jim Crow.
Show Talk with Angela Butler will be on @6:00 cst 7 pm est. Guests are the distinguished Dr. Walter Burns. This gentlemen holds 2 doctoral degrees and works for President Obama on his kitchen cabinet. This Cabinet was established by President Andrew Jackson. Dr. Walter Burns is also a Adjunct Judge.
The guest on Show Talk with Angela Butler is Kinnik Sky ana American Idol finalist. Sky has worked with Tyler Perry in the Play for Colored Girls. Also Madea's Class Reunion, she has also worked with Robert Townsend and Kenny Leon. So tune into the show.
The guest on" Show Talk with Angela Butler" is actor, director, play write Ted Lange. Lange is best known for his role as Issac Washington, on the "Love Boat," This sitcom was aired from 1977-1987. Also Lange is known for the show, "That's My Mama". And also the sitcom, "Last of the Romantics." Lange has 581 titles as"Most Voted", on IMDB.com ( Internet Movies Data Base)". Lange is also a play write of 21 stage plays. He Has also Directed 18 episodes. Lange will be on "Show Talk with Angela Butler", talking about his past and current career. The show is at 6 PM CST and 7 PM EST.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (173 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (140 chatters)
- John Baptist (77 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (63 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (18 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (15 chatters)
- AlimBey (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (11 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (10 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (9 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (8 chatters)
- Aquaman (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (8 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (8 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (8 chatters)
- thedean (7 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (7 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (6 chatters)
- Body of Christ (6 chatters)
- 63489 (5 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (5 chatters)
- sun752 (5 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (5 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (5 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (5 chatters)
- Sipping On Ink (4 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- WWCRHost (3 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (3 chatters)
- JackNewtown (3 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (3 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (3 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (3 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (2 chatters)
- Finding Relisha Rudd Show (2 chatters)
- 2 Black Girls And A Mic (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (2 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (2 chatters)
- TunesLoveChat (2 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (2 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Wicce Women (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Change Your Life2 (1 chatters)
- Chaos Network (1 chatters)
- The Serious Bible Study (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)