SORT BY Relevancy
Today I’m joined by Suzette Brown, author of “Alzheimers: Through my Mother’s Eyes”. We’re going to be talking about some of the major points from the book, which offers ideas, suggestions and plans of action for caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s.
Her book is real, raw and truly reflects her day-to-day instances of her experiences - good and bad, up and down. She offers caregivers many insights, and examples, including her own viewpoints of what she "should" or "could" have done differently. The emotional and physical endeavors are challenging indeed - in addition to the stress, rage and frustration that are all part of the daily life of a caregiver. Join us to hear more.
ABOUT PLAID FOR WOMEN:
Plaid for Women radio is produced to give you information, advice and resources to manage “The Business of Life”. Our goal is to help you achieve your goals, get connected, and be heard.
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
Plaid FB: http://www.Facebook.com/PlaidforWomen
Plaid TW: http://www.twitter.com/plaidforwomen
OUTTRO MUSIC BY JACK T. BLUES
Tonight we talk about natural ways to deal with the debilitating disease of Alzheimers, then we talk about how to push past insomnia and sleep without medication. Finally we finish up with motion sickness control especially for kids and of course, your phone calls
Talk and more talk - conversations with you on various topics. The newest show on the Jay King Network. 347-205-9366 to get in touch with Simmie. 347-205-9366. Tell a friend, or even a family member.
Our parents care for us growing up. What happens when our parents are no longer able to care for themselves? Tonight Special Guest & Author SJ Reidhead a.k.a The Pink Flamingo will share her journey & advice on Alzheimers and How to cope.
Check out her blog here:
Changing Perspectives about Alzheimers
Patients, Care & Caregiver
When you change your perspective, it expands your ability to give support to people, rather than acting from frustrated energy, or trying to change someone. The energy you bring to the day affects you, him or her, and those around everyone.
Tryn Rose will share how you can create the place in yourself where you can give respectful, generous energy and attention to another. It benefits everyone.
Alzheimer’s Speaks Radio™ believes in giving voice to those afflicted with the cognitive impairment and their care partners while empowering them to live purpose filled lives. Our goal is to raise awareness, give hope, and share the real everyday life of living with dementia. We look forward to you joining us for great conversation, learning, and laughter as we maneuver this roller coaster called memory loss.
Today will will hear about a Dementia Friendly Initiative, from Memory Matters which is a community-based, non-profit organization which strives to be a center of excellence for persons with Alzheimer's and all forms of dementia and their families. They provide daycare programs, support services and education in a compassionate and dignified manner.
For more information on Dementia and Caregiving visit Alzheimers Speaks Resource Website..
Alzheimer's Speaks loves hearing everyone's opinions and insights to living with dementia. Today we all have the great honor to speak with Rev, Mary Kay Baum who is not only diagnosed with dementia, but who is doing amazing work to improve lives. In fact, I personally got the chance to meet her and interview her the other week at the Wisconsin Assisted Living Association 1/2 intensive preconference on building Dementia Friendly Communities and Businesses.
I promise this will be a wonderful conversation and you will walk away some brilliant new insights on how to live with the disease gracefully.
Check out Mary Kay Baum's website
Call her at (608)935-5834 or send her an email.
For more information on Dementia and Caregiving go Alzheimer's Speaks Resource Website.
Join Dave Nassaney, The Caregiver's Caregiver, Wednesday, 3/25/15 at noon, PST, (AND AFTERWARDS ON RECORDED PODCAST) as he interviews Lisa Michelle, Former Caregiver to her mother-in-law, and founder of theonline Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group.
We will be discussing:
1. Why it is so important for caregivers to NOT isolate themselves from their interests and passions.
2. Alzheimer's & Dementia
3. Activities to help you to avoid burnout,
4. And much, much more.
The link is: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/davenassaney/2015/03/25/caregivers-need-hobies-activities-and-outside-interests-to-avoid-burnout
Lisa is a singer, model and dancer, and also performs worldwide with The "Chicago Honey Bears", a full production family-oriented variety song & dance show.
Or listen to the recorded podcast AFTERWARDS, anytime, 24/7. Share this link with anyone you know who would benefit from this discussion, especially male caregivers.
(AFTER SHOW TIME WED, RECORDED PODCAST CAN BE HEARD ANYTIME, 24/7 AT SAME LINK)
Welcome to Alzheimer's Speaks Radio where we believe it's critical to raise everyones voice who is dealing with or interested in all types of dementia. We love when our audience joins the conversation, so please feel free to use the chat box and or call in live to talk to us.
Today we are lucky to have Tryn Rose Seley, founder of Caregiver Heart with us to review the Latest Films & Documentaries About Alzheimer's and Caregiving
Come and join the conversation. We would love to hear your thoughts. Her is the list of films we plan on talking about.
"The Genius of Marian"
"I Remember Better When I Paint"
Do you know of other great films? If so please share with us.
Contact Tryn Rose Seley
website Email Facebook Page
Check out her book "15 Minutes of Fame: One Photo Does Wonders"
The book is available on her website, on amazon.com for Kindle, Barnes & Noble for Nook, and printed copies at
For more information on Dementia and Caregiving go to Alzheimer's Speaks Resource Website
Hi Everyone & welcome to the happy hour of Tuesday March 3rd , 2015 . 3-4:30 p.m. eastern www.blogtalkradio.com/lifeissobeautiful
347-205 9957 & chat open.
My Guest this week is Carol Keppler, from Altwaters formulas. Do you have a family member or Friend whose diagnosed with Alzheimers or Dementia. Then you don't want to miss this show. Carol's crystal-clear intuition has helped thousands of clients as she scans their cellular energy to discover blocks to wellness. At age 50 Carol was diagnosed with uterine Cancer. She healed herself through diet & herbs . At 79 her passion is in teaching bioenergetics/energy medicine, water and intuition, and is in the process of writing about what she calls regeneration Medicine. For almost 30 years Carol's been celebrating the miracle of the water formulas. Today in keeping with the theme Transformation: Carol will be transforming all 75 trillion cells and sharing how once cleansed , they have the power to self repair. Call in and get a mini body scan about what your body needs.
We will be making a special announcement how you can support a loved one or friend by joining a free 5 week program to heal from Alzheimers or Dementia through Alt waters as long as they are under a Doctor's care. Disclamer Carol is not a Doctor so please continue to go to your Doctor.
Looking forward. Thanks for joining. Love Vanda Maria Guzman
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (486 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (21 chatters)
- The Pet Psychic (15 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (13 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (12 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (8 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (8 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (8 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (7 chatters)
- Ra Sekhi Radio (7 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (7 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (7 chatters)
- drkate (7 chatters)
- Curious Times (7 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (6 chatters)
- PlanetGreenTrees (6 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- The Seika Network (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (3 chatters)
- Political Justice (3 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Ascended Masters and Angels (3 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (3 chatters)
- King Jordan TALK SHOW (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (3 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (2 chatters)
- Apostolically Speaking (2 chatters)
- ARAIG (2 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (2 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- VOC Nation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- World Alliance Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (1 chatters)
- The Lisa Affect (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Sports Smack Down Network (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- Politics and A Beer (1 chatters)
- Poetic Soul (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- American White History Month (1 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (1 chatters)
- LetsGoKings (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- Hot Topics Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Elovation Radio (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Swedenborgian Online Community (0 chatters)