SORT BY Relevancy
Prosocial behavior refers to "voluntary actions that are intended to help or benefit another individual or a group of individuals. This definition refers to consequences of a doer's actions rather than the motivations behind those actions. Prosocial behavior includes a broad range of activities: sharing, comforting, rescuing, and helping. Though it is often confused with altruism, they are, in fact, two distinct concepts. Tune in this week as we continue to speak o
Weekly live webcast/podcast devoted to discussion of current events and politics from the perspective of Objectivism, the philosophy of Ayn Rand. Hosted by Amy Peikoff.
TODAY: Altruism (at CPAC), Abortion (in China), Anonymity and Adoption (in Germany) & more!
Join James Ellias for a 20 minute exploration of the unjust moral standards behind the California minimum wage increase.
Wouldn’t it be great to know how to introduce a gaming dimension to the training and development you offer?
Game mechanics are directly linked to human desires: reward, status, achievement, self-expression, competition, and altruism. What would it look like to include game elements such as points, levels, challenges, rewards, and leaderboards… to drive participation, engagement and loyalty?
When the Gamification of your training and development is done right, you give people a sense of meaning, mastery, and autonomy.
What types of training are you designing or consuming now? How much better could your training be with a little bit of Gamification?
Connect with Monica: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download free whitepaper and videos: www.entreprenowonline.com/gamification
Trey Gass is a normal teenager from Phoenix, Arizona. In 2011 Trey took a tour of a safe house for human trafficking victims that was located in his home town of Phoenix. When he heard about the problem of human trafficking and how it was happening in his own city it broke his heart. So in 2011 Trey founded Save a Life. An organization dedicated to stopping human trafficking. With $100 left over of christmas money he bought a bunch of bracelets and sold them and it took off from there. Trey makes no money off of this. The money goes to the safe house Trey toured in 2011. Save A Life now offers shirts and bracelets in different colors and is continuing to grow. Trey speaks at different engagements about the problems of human trafficking and sells the shirts to continue to raise money for safe houses to take in human trafficking victims.
Visit our FB Page:
August’s Learning Well features Dr. Emma Seppala, Director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education at Stanford University.
Host Maureen Pelton will dive into Emma’s research on health psychology, well-being, and resilience. She has studied the impact of meditation on happiness, social connection, and compassion. Emma has also investigated the effects of yoga-based interventions for combat veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan with post-traumatic stress disorder.
Studying compassion, love and happiness yield surprising results. What is a secret to longevity? According to one of Emma’s most recent articles: love. Learning Well – is sponsored by the Integrative Health Education Center of Normandale Community College. Thank you for your interest in the Edge! Please go to edgemagazine.net to view the latest issue of the Edge. For information on advertising in the Edge please contact Cathy Jacobsen at 763.433.9291 [Call: 763.433.9291] .
Or via email at Cathy@soulofthecities.net For article submission please contact Tim Miejan at 651,578.8969.
Or via email at email@example.com. And for further information regarding the Edge Talk Radio contact Cathryn Taylor at 612.710.7720 [Call: 612.710.7720] or via email at EFTForYourInnerChild@gmail.com
How do we bridge into our co- creative lifeforce in the midst of a shifting Mother Gaia. We are now experiencing great changes upon us. As the shift of the ages approaches imagination, science and alttruism are merging. As humans in form continue to decide on living in the shadows or merging with light source . Lighbearers collectively continue to disengage from the old systems/stories into the new emerging story of an earth that now unfolds into the highest vibration thus fa
When is the last time that you did something nice just because it was a nice thing to do?
For those of you who have never lived in poverty—I mean in a household where you eat the same thing every day and getting new clothes mean hand-me-downs from older siblings—it must be difficult to understand the true meaning of volunteering. To truly volunteer, there can be no expectation of reward or recognition. There should be a sense of gratitude toward the persons that you serve. If you have never experienced, this then I invite you to slow down and engage in a volunteer activity that helps the elderly and the very poor right here in America.
I went on a mission to Honduras at the beginning of this year. The services performed were most needed. I saw altruism at its best. I also saw an unfamiliar spirit among some of the volunteers: I overheard a person say, “ I hope God was looking, because I did my good deed for the year.” The comment saddened me. It was clear that that the purpose for this person was to get brownie points from God. Americans do not have to leave America to look for impoverished people to help. From the comment that I overheard, I surmise that the trip to another country is more dramatic and gets the volunteer more brownie points.
The number of non-elderly American households with children living on less than $2 per day has more than doubled in the last 15 years. Extreme poverty — defined as areas where at least 40 percent of the population lives below the federal poverty line, which in 2010 was $22,300 for a family of four. The number of neighborhoods of extreme poverty grew in roughly three-quarters of the nation’s largest metropolitan areas.
BOOK BUZZ INTERVIEWS author William H. Coles. Coles' new novel Guardian of Deceit was a finalist in the 2012 William Faulkner Creative Writing Competition. Coles was a surgeon and his medical experience informs his fiction. He is also an educator in the field of writing and previously authored Story in Literary Fiction: A Manual for Writers and runs the web site: http://www.storyinliteraryfiction.com/
Plot summary: Darwin Hastings is seventeen and his dying aunt sends him from Pittsburgh to New York to a new guardian, a famous wealthy football player. He is excited and afraid; he wants to recapture the love he knew with his parents before they died and become a doctor like his father. But in his new home of celebrities, crooks, untrustworthiness, and excessively wealthy deviants, lust and want thwart his search for selfless caring love, and in his quest to become a doctor, he discovers the altruism of health care and scientific discovery riddled with profit motivation and deficient moral standards.
Are we returning the posturing with North Korea? Are we ready to put our missiles where are mouths are? What will this end up looking like? Confident Obama will handle it?
The winner of the Powerball Lottery will pay neighbors' rents for a month or two. Everyone on his BLOCK!
After taxes, his lump sum is $152 MILLION or so.
What would YOU do with that kind of dough?? Is his altruism crazy or heart warming??
This and the latest news and views...On The Spencer Hughes Show!!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (183 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (100 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (50 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (30 chatters)
- Super Heru Radio (27 chatters)
- KDCL Media (23 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (19 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (16 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (15 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (14 chatters)
- dtm wicked (14 chatters)
- Discovering The Truth w Dan Duval (13 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (13 chatters)
- HOV Radio (12 chatters)
- Omega Man (12 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (12 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (12 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (11 chatters)
- FRNARadio (10 chatters)
- Puter Shack (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (9 chatters)
- SSRN (9 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Tarhaka (8 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (8 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (8 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (7 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (7 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (6 chatters)
- Army Wife Network (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (5 chatters)
- Ask Your Sheriff (5 chatters)
- Barbara Barnett (5 chatters)
- Current Trials and HLN (5 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (5 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (4 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (4 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (4 chatters)
- 3 Wise Women (4 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (4 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (3 chatters)
- bapnation (3 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (3 chatters)
- SoulSistaRadio (3 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (2 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (2 chatters)
- Holy Tents of Marduk (2 chatters)
- KxOn3 Under Fire (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- InThe Plug (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- CougarChat (2 chatters)
- Divine Plan of the Ages Talk Show (2 chatters)
- Heart to Love with Fola (2 chatters)
- HIAC Talk Radio Network (2 chatters)
- BGERZY N SUKI SUK SHOW (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- Around Citi Live (2 chatters)
- USC RADIO PRODUCTIONS CH ONE (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Radio Enso (2 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (2 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (2 chatters)
- Table Talk with Tanisha Simpki (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Wellness Smart Radio (1 chatters)
- Ask Cathleen Network (1 chatters)
- Apostolic Teaching (1 chatters)
- 109 9 PEN Station (1 chatters)
- Catholic Questions And Answers (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Hit On The Head (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- First Love Radio (1 chatters)
- Four Aces Presents (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Inspired Words (1 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- rrekcity (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (0 chatters)