SORT BY Relevancy
This is the kickoff of my 2014 college football previews. I will start with previewing the Atlantic Coast Conference with fellow sports blogger extraodinaire Jake Anderson. Among the topics to be covered: 1) how will Louisville fare in its first season in the ACC; 2) will Notre Dame's partial football membership enhance the ACC's profile; 3) who could challenge Florida State; 4) should Florida State be a favorite to repeat as national champs; 5) where does the ACC rank among other power conferences?
Join Becca Salamone as she talks with Kathy Carleton, Treasurer of the Cahaba Pony Club, about the United States Pony Club as well as her and her daughter's experiences with Cahaba Pony Club. She shares her love of Pony Club and how much it has done for her daughter, along with plans to build up the club's membership and to introduce new disciplines, such as Western riding, to the Club. She also discusses the National Championships and the Pony Club Festival which takes place this week at the Kentucky Horse Park. Listen to Kathy Carleton's horse story, Tuesday, July 15th, at 8:00 am CST on Alabama Horse Talk Radio.
Join Becca Salamone as she talks with Ed Allen of Allen's Roping Productions about his history with horses and roping in Alabama. Ed produces several ropings a year, including the USTRC Alabama Championships, set to take place July 25-27 at the Garrett Coliseum complex in Montgomery, Alabama. He shares his family's involvement in team roping and how the sport is a good outlet for equine enthusiasts of all ages, from youngsters to seniors. Listen to Ed's horse story, July 22nd, at 8:00 am CST, on Alabama Horse Talk Radio.
Join Becca Salamone as she talks with founder and owner of The Horse Mafia, Charity Bentley, about her experience in starting up her business as an equine entrepreneur. She talks about the tremendous popularity the company has seen and how the connection humans feel with horses is the driving force in the growth of her business. She shares information about the products she has created through The Horse Mafia and how she uses her own photography to develop the inspirational products. Charity also talks about how important it is for equine-themed business owners to dream big and to work hard to achieve their dreams and goals. Listen to Charity's horse story, Tuesday, July 7, at 8:00 am CST on Alabama Horse Talk Radio.
Join Becca Salamone as she talks with two veterans whose horses have changed their lives. The first, Rodger Howell, shares his horse story on location in Phenix City, Alabama, as he stops for a wagon repair before heading south toward Florida. Howell, an ex-Police Chief and veteran, talks about his decision to hit the road with his dog and horse after receiving a deadly diagnosis, his feelings when he started out, and how those feelings came to change after meeting so many good folks along the way. He also talks of the bond between himself and his horses and how they affect his life.
Matt Littrell briefly shares the reason for his trek across country on horseback as well. Littrell, a former Marine who served two tours of duty in Iraq, talks of his desire to raise awareness of veteran suicides and his attempt to raise money for the Semper Fi Fund to help veterans in need. He shares how horses have changed his life.
Listen to Rodger and Matt's horse stories, Tuesday, July 1, 2014, at 8:00 am CST on Alabama Horse Talk Radio.
An Irish fan's BEST listen for in-depth coverage, interviews & analysis of Notre Dame Football and Fighting Irish Athletics
Down the Line
Hosted by the Irish experts: Jason Cripe, Tim Daniel & Steve Herring
TNNDN Network's flagship show and the 60 minutes that started it all. Airing LIVE every Tuesday, Down the Line is your place for game reviews, interviews, breaking news & more. Year-round focus on the legendary Fighting Irish Football Team with updates about ALL Irish sports and alumni doing great things.
Down the Line was started in an effort to bring Notre Dame fans together in supporting the Fighting Irish teams and their University's mission of giving back.
Down the Line regularly features charity & fundraising efforts with great causes that are directly affiliated with current students, alumni, and fans.
*This show is not affiliated in any with the University of Notre Dame or its Athletic Department.
Join Becca Salamone as she talks with driving trainer/instructor Sandra Norris about the art and sport of equestrian driving. Sandra, a member of Alabama Whips and Wheels, explains the basic principles of driving, the types of configurations for harnessing horses, the kinds of vehicles, and how to hook up a horse to a cart. She also talks about the upcoming driven dressage classes at the Birmingham Dressage and Combined Training Association show and her role there as coach. Listen to Sandra's horse story Tuesday, June 17th, at 8:00 am CST on Alabama Horse Talk Radio.
Join Becca Salamone as she talks with Karen Hulsey, State Director of Alabama NBHA and District Director for NBHA -AL 02, about her love of horses and barrel racing throughout her life, the activities of the National Barrel Horse Association in the state of Alabama, and the trials and joys of running a statewide equine organization. She also shares about the upcoming Alabama NBHA State Championships to be held at Morgan County Celebration Arena, June 5-8, 2014. Listen to Karen's horse story on Tuesday, June 3, 8:00 am CST on Alabama Horse Talk Radio.
Join Becca Salamone as she talks with author, speaker, clinician, and owner of K-I-N Stables, Jim Swanner, about his upcoming From the Ground Up Clinic, scheduled for June 28-29, 2014 at Morgan County Celebration Arena. Jim shares the importance of preparing a horse for riding by performing the necessary groundwork in advance, as well as what folks can expect to do and learn at his June clinic. With several horsemanship and safety demonstrations, as well as having fun line dancing with horses, the clinic promises to provide solid concepts horse owners can use at home to improve their horsemanship and leadership skills. Listen to Jim's horse story on Tuesday, June 24th, at 8:00 am CST on Alabama Horse Talk Radio.
Join us live at 9:30pm ET for a very special Tuesday Time Out.
I will be joined by Matt Brandyberry and Tim D'onofrio of the band From Ashes To New. They will be here to talk about their band, their EP, and much more
I will then also discuss the following topics in the world of sports:
NHL: The NHL's poor decision of scheduling afternoon games on the weekend in the spring. Also, Carey Price out of the Eastern Conference Finals with a leg injury, but was it a dirty play by Chris Kreider? I will take a look at the Western Conference Finals matchup as well.
Notre Dame: Notre Dame stadium grass is being replaced by turf, and the university is selling the grass for $150 per 10 square foot piece
Horse Racing: California Chrome has won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness. At Belmont, it will be an attempt at the first triple crown winner since 1978.
All of this plus your calls, tweets, questions and much more.
Tune in tonight for this show
Wyomia Tyus (pronunciation: why-o-mia; is an Americanathlete, and the first person to retain the Olympic title in the 100 m. Tyus, from Tennessee State University, participated in the 1964 Summer Olympics at age 19. In the heats of the event Wilma Rudolph's world record, propelling her to a favored position for the final, where her main rival was fellow American Edith McGuire
Edith McGuire-later known as Edith McGuire Duvall, is a former Americansprinter. Born in Atlanta, McGuire ran for Tennessee State University. TSU had a very successful women's sprinting team, The Tigerbelles, in the 1960s, including triple Olympic champions Wilma Rudolph, Wyomia Tyus, and McGuire. Although McGuire's running career was short, she won six AAU titles, in three different events. Her specialty, however, was the 200 m/220 y, in which she won four of her six national titles. In 1964, she was undeafeted in her favourite event, and went to Tokyo as the main contender for the 200 m gold medal at the 1964 Summer Olympics
Martha Watson-another of the distinguished line of Tennessee State University athletes. Martha dominated the American women's long jumping scene during much of her career. In 1964, just barely out of high school, she placed second in the long jump at the U.S. Olympic trials to qualify for the American team. She made three more Olympic teams (1968-72-76) as a long jumper.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (168 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (84 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (30 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (29 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (22 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Bellesprit (18 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (16 chatters)
- Bio Individualized Medicine (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (12 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (12 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (11 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (10 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (8 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (8 chatters)
- NBPP BLACK POWER RADIO (8 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (7 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (7 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (7 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (7 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (6 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (6 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (6 chatters)
- We Built That Network (6 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (4 chatters)
- FoReRadio (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (4 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (4 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (4 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (4 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (4 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (3 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (2 chatters)
- WordBeat (2 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (2 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (2 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- MFW Radio Live (2 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- Radio Enso (1 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (1 chatters)
- Stickman RADIO (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Carole Gold (1 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (1 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Were Alive (1 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (1 chatters)