SORT BY Relevancy
Nikhol Jackson and her guest will discuss AIDS,what it is, how it is contracted and its prevention. We will talk with a special guest that is living with the disease to dispel myths and misconceptions and shed light on coming to a place of peace and healing after being diagnosed with it.
This Sunday Robert Breining and Aaron Laxton will be speaking witht he founder of Dab the AIDS Bear Project.
Back in 1981 when Dab 1st had friends starting to die from AIDS, the hospitals wouldn't allow visitors into the patient's room unless you wore protective garments (gowns, masks etc.) because they were afraid of this new disease and were not sure how the virus was passed. Because of this, people were usually close to death and had at least one opportunistic infection when they were diagnosed and hospitalized. You could see even seasoned health care professional recoil in fear and not wanting to touch the patients. Even close friends were hesitant or scared to visit their friends in the hospital. Dab started buying Gund teddy bears and giving them to friends so they wouldn't have to feel so alone, abandoned and afraid. That is how Dab the AIDS Bear Project began, Learn more at www.dabtheaidsbearproject.com
HIV N AIDS INFECTED AND AFFECTED FAMILIES
The church must see that the story of AIDS is not about epidemiology, economics, or statistics. Rather it is the story of pain, anguish, fear, and neglect.
Counseling is the second area of opportunity for the church to work with those infected with the HIV virus and AIDS. They and their families are in serious need.
Today our guest is veteran broadcaster from Radio Liberty, Dr. Stan Monteith, who will discuss his groundbreaking research concerning AIDS and other things rarely discussed in the mainstream media.
Join me and my special guest Author Myra Dorsey as we discuss her most riviting book "The Benefit of the Doubt".
Ms. Dorsey resides in Carroll County, Maryland - a Towson University Alliumi and she obtained her MBA from the University of Baltimore with a concentration in Human Resources Management. Transformed, by circumstances, the aha moment for her to pursue her passion and to navigate her talents into the wellness industry ignited a renewed spirit and prospective never imagined. She has always had a novel in her awaiting the right circumstances to give birth -she constructed a masterpiece driven by actual events and compelling suspense and drama.
in Self Help
Children with AIDS Charity with Lesley Barker
Monday @ 1pm (CST) Healthy Mind & Body radio presents our special guest Lesley Barker
Have you got Time for Tea?
Lesley is a qualified hypnotherapist, NLP and Reiki Practitioner practising since 2003 in London, Kent and Berkshire. She is insured and registered with the Complimentary and National Health Council (www.cnhc.org.uk) and the British Association of Therapeutic Hypnotists and NLP Practitioners (www.bathh.co.uk).
She became interested in hypnotherapy about ten years ago when she was experiencing a particularly difficult period in my life. She found it to be a life changing and wonderful experience and decided to train as a hypnotherapist and to use her skills to help people, who were in need of help.
Lesley works part time for Children with AIDS Charity (www.cwac.org) helping to raise funds and publicising their work of helping kids cope with their illness, helping them get to hospital appointments by giving travel assistance grants and providing infant formula.
CWAC Mission CWAC’s mission is to help the youngest and neediest of those infected and affected by HIV and AIDS develop and maintain a good quality of life, through the relief of poverty, distress and sickness and to promote independence, disease self-management, social development and reduce stigma.
CWAC is at the forefront of the fight against paediatric HIV and AIDS. The Education Programme has initiated groundbreaking projects, provides parents and children with essential items, including Formula Milk to reduce the risk of vertical transmission.
As more heterosexuals become infected, their children become affected. CWAC continues to support children who are both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Director Rohan Spong guests on SnowbizNow to discuss his documentary, ALL THE WAY THROUGH EVENING, as does Mimi Stern-Wolfe, one of the subjects of the documentary. When the HIV/AIDS epidemic swept through New York, and indeed the world, in the early 1980s, each were infected and were dead by the early 1990s. After these deaths, Mimi Stern-Wolfe devoted much of her life to The Benson AIDS Series, an annual concert of works by composers who were lost to HIV/AIDS, which she performs on World AIDS Day (December 1st).
Directed by Rohan Spong (whose first feature documentary, T IS FOR TEACHER was acclaimed by two Australian film reviewers as amongst "the best films of 2009"), ALL THE WAY THROUGH EVENING follows Mimi as she prepares for one such concert - a small but proud figure, gallantly rousing a remembrance in the shadow of bustling Manhattan. Check out Nicholas Snow's HIV Memoir, Life Positive: A Journey To The Center of My Heart, and visit his web site.
In this short podcast host Marian Pierre-Louis talks about the legal term "Benefit of Linens" and how it could be used to save a new mother's life.
Have you ever heard the term before?
More at http://www.FieldstoneCommon.com and on iTunes at Fieldstone Common Season 2.
Do women really want to be single as much as we hear it now days? Or is it just posturing? Are the fooled into thinking they want to be single?
Do self sufficient men benefit in marriages? If you have yourself together and nailed down as a man, is there any benefit in getting married? Is it more trouble than anything else at that point?
Tune in, Call in, Share your Knowledge and Opinions with the WORLD!!!
Friday night at MIDNIGHT!!! (347) 637-3528
In today's special edition of Conversations In Care, host Tami Neumann has the pleasure of speaking with playwright Agin Muhammad about National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness and how his new play Washington Heights addresses this important topic.
This dramatic play written by mental health professional Agin Mohammad addresses AIDS prevention in those over 50 and additional themes including single fathers and marriage.
Agin Muhammad will join Tami in Conversation about why he decided to write about this subject and the special accomplishments his play has achieved.
Special Production of Washington Heights - Saturday, September 21 at Kennedy King College in Chicago. Click here for tickets.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Channel Panel (64 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (57 chatters)
- Omega Man (36 chatters)
- AVoiceforMen (34 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (31 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (25 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (21 chatters)
- Straitway (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (16 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (15 chatters)
- The Middle Men (10 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (9 chatters)
- allietheissshow (8 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (8 chatters)
- in5d (8 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (8 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (8 chatters)
- PlanetGreenTrees (6 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (6 chatters)
- FRNARadio (6 chatters)
- MR MAGGOT (6 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (6 chatters)
- FanvsFan0 (6 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (5 chatters)
- Move to Amend (5 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (5 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (5 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (5 chatters)
- Word On The Water1 (5 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- Ryleigh Black (4 chatters)
- Spirit of 76 Remedy (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (4 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (4 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (4 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries LIVE (4 chatters)
- Art Imitates Life (3 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (3 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (3 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (3 chatters)
- The Axiom Radio Program (3 chatters)
- The Unexplained Investigators (3 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (3 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (3 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (2 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Peoples America (2 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (2 chatters)
- Power Talk With Alarice (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (2 chatters)
- It Matters Radio (2 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (2 chatters)
- BITEradio me (2 chatters)
- Brooklyn GOP Radio (2 chatters)
- cynthiafontaine (2 chatters)
- CynthiaRobinson (1 chatters)
- CharHardin (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (1 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- FreedomReigns (1 chatters)
- Draft Countdown (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- BlazinRy Radio (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (1 chatters)
- ATAZP LIVE (1 chatters)
- LettesChat (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (1 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (1 chatters)
- Nikkology (1 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (1 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (1 chatters)
- InThe Plug (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- Kate Large (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (1 chatters)
- garold Vallie (1 chatters)
- Gary L Wimmer (1 chatters)
- SoulSistaRadio (1 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (1 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (1 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (1 chatters)
- Rapid Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- The PSA with Patrick D Stewart (1 chatters)
- StonewallLive (1 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance (1 chatters)
- Wrestling in 30 minutes or less (1 chatters)