SORT BY Relevancy
HIV N AIDS INFECTED AND AFFECTED FAMILIES
The church must see that the story of AIDS is not about epidemiology, economics, or statistics. Rather it is the story of pain, anguish, fear, and neglect.
Counseling is the second area of opportunity for the church to work with those infected with the HIV virus and AIDS. They and their families are in serious need.
Nikhol Jackson and her guest will discuss AIDS,what it is, how it is contracted and its prevention. We will talk with a special guest that is living with the disease to dispel myths and misconceptions and shed light on coming to a place of peace and healing after being diagnosed with it.
This Sunday Robert Breining and Aaron Laxton will be speaking witht he founder of Dab the AIDS Bear Project.
Back in 1981 when Dab 1st had friends starting to die from AIDS, the hospitals wouldn't allow visitors into the patient's room unless you wore protective garments (gowns, masks etc.) because they were afraid of this new disease and were not sure how the virus was passed. Because of this, people were usually close to death and had at least one opportunistic infection when they were diagnosed and hospitalized. You could see even seasoned health care professional recoil in fear and not wanting to touch the patients. Even close friends were hesitant or scared to visit their friends in the hospital. Dab started buying Gund teddy bears and giving them to friends so they wouldn't have to feel so alone, abandoned and afraid. That is how Dab the AIDS Bear Project began, Learn more at www.dabtheaidsbearproject.com
in Self Help
Children with AIDS Charity with Lesley Barker
Monday @ 1pm (CST) Healthy Mind & Body radio presents our special guest Lesley Barker
Have you got Time for Tea?
Lesley is a qualified hypnotherapist, NLP and Reiki Practitioner practising since 2003 in London, Kent and Berkshire. She is insured and registered with the Complimentary and National Health Council (www.cnhc.org.uk) and the British Association of Therapeutic Hypnotists and NLP Practitioners (www.bathh.co.uk).
She became interested in hypnotherapy about ten years ago when she was experiencing a particularly difficult period in my life. She found it to be a life changing and wonderful experience and decided to train as a hypnotherapist and to use her skills to help people, who were in need of help.
Lesley works part time for Children with AIDS Charity (www.cwac.org) helping to raise funds and publicising their work of helping kids cope with their illness, helping them get to hospital appointments by giving travel assistance grants and providing infant formula.
CWAC Mission CWAC’s mission is to help the youngest and neediest of those infected and affected by HIV and AIDS develop and maintain a good quality of life, through the relief of poverty, distress and sickness and to promote independence, disease self-management, social development and reduce stigma.
CWAC is at the forefront of the fight against paediatric HIV and AIDS. The Education Programme has initiated groundbreaking projects, provides parents and children with essential items, including Formula Milk to reduce the risk of vertical transmission.
As more heterosexuals become infected, their children become affected. CWAC continues to support children who are both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Today our guest is veteran broadcaster from Radio Liberty, Dr. Stan Monteith, who will discuss his groundbreaking research concerning AIDS and other things rarely discussed in the mainstream media.
Director Rohan Spong guests on SnowbizNow to discuss his documentary, ALL THE WAY THROUGH EVENING, as does Mimi Stern-Wolfe, one of the subjects of the documentary. When the HIV/AIDS epidemic swept through New York, and indeed the world, in the early 1980s, each were infected and were dead by the early 1990s. After these deaths, Mimi Stern-Wolfe devoted much of her life to The Benson AIDS Series, an annual concert of works by composers who were lost to HIV/AIDS, which she performs on World AIDS Day (December 1st).
Directed by Rohan Spong (whose first feature documentary, T IS FOR TEACHER was acclaimed by two Australian film reviewers as amongst "the best films of 2009"), ALL THE WAY THROUGH EVENING follows Mimi as she prepares for one such concert - a small but proud figure, gallantly rousing a remembrance in the shadow of bustling Manhattan. Check out Nicholas Snow's HIV Memoir, Life Positive: A Journey To The Center of My Heart, and visit his web site.
National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day is a national HIV testing and treatment community mobilization initiative targeted at Blacks in the United States and the Diaspora. There are four specific focal points: education, testing, involvement, and treatment. Educationally, the focus is to get Blacks educated about the basics of HIV/AIDS in their local communities. Testing is at the core of this initiative, as it is hoped that Blacks will mark February 7th of every year as their annual or bi-annua
In today's special edition of Conversations In Care, host Tami Neumann has the pleasure of speaking with playwright Agin Muhammad about National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness and how his new play Washington Heights addresses this important topic.
This dramatic play written by mental health professional Agin Mohammad addresses AIDS prevention in those over 50 and additional themes including single fathers and marriage.
Agin Muhammad will join Tami in Conversation about why he decided to write about this subject and the special accomplishments his play has achieved.
Special Production of Washington Heights - Saturday, September 21 at Kennedy King College in Chicago. Click here for tickets.
Discussing the AIDS rate n the African African community as well as others! Bringing awareness! Safe sex or no sex at all, and there are still no 100 guarantee that u won't get affected! A condom away keeps death away! Love urself 1st! Diseases are out here and people are catching them like their the next big thang! Wrap up and get urself tested, every year!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (437 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (38 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (27 chatters)
- National Liberty Alliance (23 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (15 chatters)
- Love Productions (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (13 chatters)
- JUST US HEALING SPIRITUALLY (12 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (12 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (11 chatters)
- Jay King Network (10 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (10 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (10 chatters)
- Life and Party Times (9 chatters)
- DRYBONESCONNECTION (8 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (7 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (7 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (7 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (7 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (7 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (6 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (6 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (6 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (5 chatters)
- Funny to the Moon (4 chatters)
- Cajun 2 (4 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (3 chatters)
- Lennis (3 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (3 chatters)
- The Corner Turtles and Friends (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (3 chatters)
- Unseen World (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- CandiXRandy (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (2 chatters)
- NatureofReality (2 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (1 chatters)
- Linda Mooney (1 chatters)
- MMWHP Productions LLC (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)
- Robert Mark Todd (1 chatters)
- shegeebee (1 chatters)
- Suzanne Toro (1 chatters)
- SweatpantsAndCoffee (1 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (1 chatters)
- The 110 Nation Sports SHow (1 chatters)
- The MADHOUSE (1 chatters)
- Catholic Questions And Answers (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (1 chatters)
- Cage Passion (1 chatters)
- AMCPress and Co (1 chatters)
- 3 Wise Women (1 chatters)
- 4RealTalk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Glee Radio (1 chatters)
- Grab Some Bench (1 chatters)
- InThe Plug (1 chatters)
- Jason OBrien (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- HUGS Radio Show (1 chatters)
- KennethLocklin (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (1 chatters)
- This Man Woman Thang (1 chatters)
- TruVoice True Message (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- The Abi and Pierce Show (0 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (0 chatters)