SORT BY Relevancy
Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, Jan. 22nd, 8:00pm-10:00pm EST with host Michael Imhotep. We’ll discuss the documentary “Light Girls” & Colorism in The African American Community and much more. Call in with your Questions/Comments at 914-338-1375.
1) Florida police use images of Black Men for Target Practice. What do you think about this? 2) We’ll discuss President Obama’s State of The Union Address. Did he say what you wanted to hear? 3) Did you see the documentary “Light Girls” Monday night on OWN? What did you think of the documentary and “colorism” in the African American community? 4) We’ll play excerpts of Michael Imhotep’s presentation “The Distortion of The Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr: The Revolutionary Will Not Be Televised”. Listen to the show at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/01/23/the-documentary-light-girls-colorism-in-the-african-american-community or by phone LIVE at (914) 338-1375 or visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. Call in with your Questions/Comments at (914) 338-1375.
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show Thursday, Jan. 8th, 8:00pm-11:00pm EST with host Michael Imhotep. “Can African American Entertainers Be Effective Activists?” Nicki Minaj recently did an interview explaining why some African American entertainers don’t speak out on our issues. We’ll discuss this and more on tonight’s show. Call in with your questions at (914) 338-1375.
1) Phylicia Rashad (Claire Huxtable on “The Cosby Show”), did an interview with ABC World News on Wednesday clarifying a statement regarding the Bill Cosby scandal. I never said “forget those women”. 2) In Colorado, a bomb went off outside of NAACP office. 3) Asar Gray of G & G Associates will discuss Tax Tips for the 2015 Tax Season. 4) The movie “Selma” is drawing critical acclaim and also criticism for its portrayal of Pres. Lyndon Johnson. Former Ambassador Andrew Young recently did an interview to set the record straight. 5) Michael Imhotep’s latest presentation is on the history of “Black Wall Street” in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We’ll share an excerpt of it on tonight’s show. 6) This date in African American History and Dr. George Washington Carver.
Sign up for The African History Network email newsletter by texting the word "Kemet" to 22828.
If you want to learn more about African History and African-American History to counteract the negative images we see of ourselves on the TEL-LIE-VISION (TV), please visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com. We have information and DVDs to Educate, Empower and Inspire people of African Descent throughout the Diaspora and around the world.
Very Simple, but, very complex.
Is their strife between A percentage of African Americans and A percentage of Africans.
It seems to be, which would be determined by the opinions of various personnel on how hey look at this subject.
Modern means of communication has turned the world into a global village, where everyone in the world is our neighbor. Some people are the type of people you wouldn't want as neighbors. You know who they are - loud, ignorant, destructive, disrespectful, out of control. When we think of traveling to enjoy another part of the world and experience the culture, there are some places in the world we would love to be, the people seem interesting, the entertainment enjoyable, the way of life seems comfortable, and we could feel safe. But what does the rest of the world see when they consider traveling to the inner cities of America? The world loves our music and dancing, but what about this image of excessive crime? This week, we'll talk to journalists and image makers who are examining the global impressions of African American culture, and how that affects the economy in the inner cities. Today we'll talk to members CAAAP, Chicago Association of African American Photographers, whose mission is to capture images that define the history and culture of African American people. Our guests are photographer Deleshia Kinney who is working on a new photography book on African American women and beauty of their natural hair, and Curtis Kojo Morrow, artist, photographer and author of the books "What's A Commie Ever Done To Black People?" and "My Sankofa."
Join us as we delve into the African American experience on historically black college campuses and traditional universities. We’ll discuss recent news coverage of disproportionate funding levels between Delaware’s sole HBCU and Delaware’s other two publicly funded institutions. We'll also discuss recent coverage of the Delaware NAACP request that the University of Delaware do more to promote diversity among its student body and faculty.
Show Discussion Article Links:
1. Race and the Curious State Case of Delaware State (University)
2. NAACP, State Lawmakers: UD is Lacking Diversity
3. Report Reveals 10 States Have Withheld Over $50 Million in HBCU Funding
in Self Help
There comes a time when enough is enough! No matter how large the bank account; fancy the home or extravagant the car there is a great deal of dysfunction being camouflaged. No one is talking! Few are reading! The idea is that the disparity will dissipate. This is a wake-up CALL! BE A CHANGE AGENT!! Tonight Documentary Filmmaker Janks Morton shed light on the STATE OF THE AFRICAN AMERICAN. ONE YOU CAN’T MISS.
So, Let’s Talk!
Knowledge Always Empowers
TONIGHT, Wednesday, February 25, 2015 @ 10PM EST
CALL IN LIVE (347) 838-8992
TUNE IN ONLINE
LEARN MORE ABOUT JANKS MORTON:
Facebook: Janks Morton
What Black Men Think
We Need To Talk
What exactly is African American Philosophy, and what are some untold/neglected stories of African American Philosophers? Tune in and learn OVER 100 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT AFRICAN AMERICANS IN PHILOSOPHY IN 30 MINUTES...IT'S A LONG STORY SHORT!
Long Story Short is a weekly show focusing on African American history, current issues in the black community and the future of people of African descent around the world. For the month of February, Dr. Hardy is dedicating the show to Black History Month where he will share some untold, as well as some familiar stories of the history and souls of Black folks. Tune in as Dr. Hardy makes the long, rich stories of the African Diaspora short, sweet and unforgettable.
Speak Life Radio ~ Remembering African American History!
Blessings family and welcome back to another amazing show. When most people think about African American History, the first thing that comes to mind is slavery right? Well our History is much richer and goes deeper than that, we were and still are a Great people with great minds and a fascinating culture. Unfortunately not much of our history is taught in school but that shouldn't stop us from learing it and teaching it to our youth! God says, "My People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge" and that's exactly whats happening to our people because we have no idea how great we are nor do we realize all that we have contributed to society.
Here are some Important and Famous African Americans you may or may not know: Benjamin Banneker ~1731-1806 Astronomer, clockmaker, publisher. Phillis Wheatly ~ 1753-1784 Poet, one of the first African American poets whose works were published. Frederick Douglass ~ 1818-1895 Abolitionist, editor, orator, author,statesman, reformer. Harriet Tubman ~ 1820-1913 writer, abolitionist, as an ablitionist, she acted as intelligance gather, refugee organizer, raid leader, nurse, revival speaker, and fund raiser. This is just a few but I pray this will give you a taste to study more!!!!
We are very pleased to have as guest tonight Mr. Donald L Dowridge jr ~ Historian, Motivational Guru, Founder of DLD (Determined to Learn and Develop) Enterprises and Founder of the DLD Black History Museum. Please join us plus invite others.
For well over 300 years, European countries forced Africans onto slave ships and transported them across the Atlantic Ocean.
The first European nation to engage in the Transatlantic Slave Trade was Portugal in the mid to late 1400's. Captain John Hawkins made the first known English slaving voyage to Africa, in 1562, in the reign of Elizabeth 1. Hawkins made three such journeys over a period of six years. He captured over 1200 Africans and sold them as goods in the Spanish colonies in the Americas. But there is more to this complex story join us as we dialogue on this subject and much more
Hi Everyone & welcome to www.blogtalkradio.com/lifeissobeautiful, Tuesday Feb 24th, at 3-4p.m. Eastern. 347-205 9957, chat room open.
Transformation Via African American Harlem Renassance .
In closing of our celebration , My Guest & co-host Victor Holliday & myself will share historical truths of African Americans that flocked to Northern Cities in the 1920's & created a New Social & Cultural Landscape. It was called the rise of African Americans with Music , poetry, & clothes , where people where inspired to be very creative. It was an literary , Artistic , & intellectual movement that kindled a new black Cultural Idenity.
I hope you are as excited as we are to close out with a big bang that speaks to us for the year of 2015.
We welcome your calls and comments , what do you have to add.
Love & thanks Vanda & Victor
TONIGHTS SHOW: DEBT FREE COLLEGE? College Survival - African American & Native American Author Stephanie Simmons will tell us about her new book "DEBT-FREE COLLEGE: GET IN; STAY IN"
Shé:kon and Thanks for joining Native Trailblazers!
For over five years, the award-winning Native themed online radio show Native Trailblazers has been delivering the hottest topics in Indian Country to your desktop, mobile or other listening devices! Listen in Every Friday at 7pm EST or any time after in archives!
This Friday: Stay Tuned for another great show to be announced!!
SHOW HOSTS: Vincent Schilling (Producer, Speaker, Journalist, Author, VP Schilling Media) www.Twitter.com/VinceSchilling and Delores Schilling (CEO, Schilling Media, Inc.) www.Twitter.com/DelSchilling
Join hosts Vincent and Delores Schilling live in our chat room Here's How
Visit our website www.NativeTrailblazers.com
Sign Up for our Mailing List Here - http://eepurl.com/O7fa1
iTunes Podcast - http://goo.gl/GkEOJ3
This month our focus is HISTORY – African-American. Tonight we bring history in the form of Art. AFRICAN AMERICA ART: A DISCUSSION BASED ON ARTICLE BY RICHARD J. POWELL
During The Harlem Renaissance
Arts and Crafts during the Colonial, Federalist, and Antebellum Years
Great Depression and World War II Years
Abstraction and Realism during the Postwar Years
Black Arts Movement, Abstraction, and Beyond
MENU: Marsala Chicken &Savory Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with White Beans & Kale paired with a cup Chamomile Tea
JOIN US ON THURSDAY, FEB 12TH AT 6:30 P EST
Join Host Live Chats
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (34 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (34 chatters)
- Curious Times (23 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (17 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (16 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (15 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (14 chatters)
- Odwirafo (13 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (13 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (10 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (8 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (7 chatters)
- Universal Radio (7 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (6 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Eye of the Seer (5 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (5 chatters)
- Perry Steele (5 chatters)
- Love Productions (5 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (4 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (4 chatters)
- Donna Schmid (4 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (4 chatters)
- Authority Smashers (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- Father Teresa (2 chatters)
- Crush Radio Raw (2 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (2 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Wrestling Smash Radio (1 chatters)
- AACONS (1 chatters)
- Homer Bouvier (1 chatters)
- HRN (1 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- REAL TALK AFTER DARK RADIO (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)