SORT BY Relevancy
What issues should families consider when adopting or fostering a child that may have been sexually abused? What are warning signs of past sexual abuse? How can these children be helped while not endangering children already in the home.
Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national infertility & adoption education and support organization, interviews Dr. Jennifer Shaw, a clinical psychologist at the Gil Institute for Trauma Recovery and Education in Fairfax, Virginia. Dr. Shaw specializes in play therapy and therapy with children and teens who have experienced early trauma, including sexual abuse.
For a discussion of this show, go to our blog Monday, May 11, 2015. http://creatingafamily.org/blog/.
Creating a Family has many free resources related to this topic on our website at www.CreatingaFamily.org.
If you enjoyed this show, we would very much appreciate you leaving us a review on iTunes. Either go to this website (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id266386337) or if you have iTunes on your phone, tablet or computer, simply type in "Creating a Family", click on Ratings/Reviews, and click on the # of stars. It only takes a moment and it really helps others find us. Thanks.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (19 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (14 chatters)
- remoteviewerBrendaBradshawshow (9 chatters)
- BobbieG (7 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (7 chatters)
- Lisa Bousson (3 chatters)
- Weedsday Wednesday (3 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (2 chatters)
- Cynthia Andrews (2 chatters)
- Bread Of Life Radio Network (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Jay Earley (1 chatters)
- WHYT Radio (1 chatters)
- SPECULATION SPORTS (1 chatters)