SORT BY Relevancy
We will be rescheduling our first guest ADI to a new date and time and will post as soon as we are able to confirm a date,but as the saying goes the show did go on.
Our First Guests will be coming to us from the Alzheimer's Disease International conference from Chinese Taipei. The theme for the conference is Dementia: Action For Global Change. We will be speaking to Marc Wortmann the Executive Director of ADI which is locatedin London, along with the Current Chair of ADI, Dr. Jacob Roy from India and prior Chair Daisy Acosta from the Dominican Republic. We will discuss the focus of the conference and what they hope to achieve and who is involved and why it matters to have this meeting of the minds.
Alzheimer's Disease International Website
or email ADI at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our second guest will be David Pomeranz creator of the APP "Balance" which will help those caring for a loved with with Dementia or Alzheimer's disease. David is the EVP, Strategic Planning and Program Development at The Hebrew Home at Riverdale. We will discuss the intent behind creating the Balance app and how can this app help caregivers of Alzheimer’s patients maintain balance. David will share some stand-out features of the Balance app.We are also going to talk about the National Alzheimer Center and The Hebrew Home at Riverdale which is doing some very interesting work!
To get the Balance APP:
Connect with David: www.hebrewhome.org
Tim Phillips has campaigned on animal protection issues for 30 years. His video and photographic images have exposed animal suffering and as a scriptwriter, director and editor. Tim has been awarded for his animal protection documentaries, advertisements and training videos. He has co-authored many reports and articles and helped draft animal protection legislation. Lion Ark is his first feature film. He directs and appears in the documentary Lion Ark as Vice President and co-founder (along with wife Jan Creamer) of Animal Defenders International (ADI). This film tracks the journey the group takes to rescue 25 lions from a life of torturous conditions in Bolivia's circuses. The group helped to put an end to circuses in this country and in others, and the rescued lions were sent to a Wildlife Refuge in Colorado. This is just one of the many animal rescues they have completed.
Join Maya and Faruq for an overview of the week in sports, hot topics, headlines and more!
This week's show the crew discussed:
The Bears' loss to the Redskins with Chicago Sun-times Bears Beat reporter Adams Jahns.
Author and attorney, Gyasi Ross discussed his recent article on Deadspin.com regarding "Redskins" as a racial slur.
The NBA season opener, Bulls vs the Heat, is right around the corner Adi Joseph, NBA Digital Editor USA Today joined the show to give a season preview
Last but not least the crew previewed the World Series match up between the Cardinals and Red Sox with Mike Oz, Writer/Editor for Yahoo Sports
The Total Tutor will interview Tim Phillips of ADI. He will discuss the foundation and the upcoming charity event. In addition, I will interview Tom George director of Mt Carmel Youth Ranch, He will discuss his work with young people. Also, I will interview Bodies by Sasha Christopher Saha. He will discuss how he became successful in business. Last, I will interview William Heffernan three time Pulitzer Prize nominee and New York Times best selling author. He will discuss his book When Johnny
Today's topic is "An Holistic Approach To Addiction" My special guest is Dr. Adi Jaffe. Dr. Jaffe received his Ph.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in 2010. Even before he graduated Dr. Jaffe’s name had become known through his online and academic writing. His views on addiction and his research on the topic have been published in dozens of journals and online publications and he has appeared on several television shows and documentaries discussing current topics in addiction and the problem of addiction as a whole. Dr. Jaffe also teaches courses at UCLA and the California State University in Long Beach that address addiction specifically or biological psychology and behavioral neuroscience more generally. Dr. Jaffe’s view is a holistic one, drawing from the best and most recent research to bring as complete a solution to addiction clients. At Alternatives, Dr. Jaffe serves as the Director of Research, education, and innovation and is in charge of our client monitoring, technology solutions, and data collections and outcomes research. His goal is to make Alternatives the best treatment program there is. For more information about Dr. Jaffe please visit his website http://www.addictionalternatives.com (his rehab facility with Dr. Marc Kearns)
About Animal Defenders International Animal Defenders International (ADI) was founded in 1990 and is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. With offices in Los Angeles, London and Bogota, ADI campaigns across the globe on animals in entertainment, providing technical advice to governments, securing progressive animal protection legislation, drafting regulations and rescuing animals in distress. ADI has a worldwide reputation for providing video and photographic evid
Our interview today we will discuss what was shared about the Alzheimer's Disease International conferenceheld in Chinese Taipei.
We will be speaking to Marc Wortmann the Executive Director of ADI which is locatedin London. Our focus will be on conference, what they hope to achieve, who was involved and why it matters to have this meeting of the minds.
Alzheimer's Disease International or email ADI at: email@example.com
Our Second Guest is sociologist Cathy Greenblat who has traveled the world studying the treatments offered to people with dementia. She has been touched personally by this disease through her mother and two of grandparents. Cathy wanted to understand more about the condition and help provide a conduit for change.
Cathy is the aithor of the book "Love, Loss and Laughter," where she tells stories of positive aging and live with dementia. The photography is powerful and beautiful and will most likely change the way you veiw againg and illenss.
Cathy can be reached via her website
The book can be purchased on Amazon
Here is a powerful video which will give you a glimpse into Cathy's work
Musical artist Austin Brown is in the house at Aka Music, Art & Comedy Radio Show THIS Tuesday at 7 p.m. on www.blogtalkradio.com/akamac. This talented young man will talk about his latest CD and his musical influences including Prince, George Michael and his late uncle, Michael Jackson.
Award-winning visual effects artists Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, Jr., co-founders of Studio ADI (Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc.). Checks in to talk about their film project, “Harbinger Down,” on Kickstarter.
Between them, they have worked with many top filmmakers, including James Cameron, David Fincher, Paul Verhoeven, Ridley Scott, Neil Blomkamp, Robert Zemekis, Joe Johnston, Nora Ephron, and Mike Nichols.
You've got to tune in on Tuesday at 7 p.m. PT on www.blogtalkradio.com/akamac. Call (805) 285-9737. Tell your friends!
From Down Under, Adi Burgess, comes to us to do a live interview from Australia. This Recording Artist has a New single entitled ‘GUILTY” which is full of fire! The New CD is her latest. We are honored to have her on the show. There is so much great music on this planet and Adi Burgessis proof ,this artist has one of the hottest sonuds around with a little counrty and pop mix it is clear why she climbing to the top it is time for good music it is time for
in Self Help
L. Ron Gardner wrote 'Beyond the Power of Now', characterizing the rapid pace of change upon us now. Listen to understand the complexities of being in a human body that is limited by deception, empowered by invisible heart Intelligent Soul Light, and entangled with all creation. Ron is a master meditator with decades of practice in TM, Buddhism, Zen, Tibetan Buddhist, Krishnamurti, Ramana Maharishi, Adi Da, and others. As a mystic and lifetime student of all the great spiritual traditions, Ron shares his findings beyond Tolle's exoteric teachings. Ron is devoted to the practice and study of spiritual life. A former professional astrologer, Ron spends his time communing with, and writing about the Ultimate Reality. Author, Life Counsellor, Public Speaker, Radio Host, Equine Care Giver, and Entrepreneur, Doreen Agostino advances modern science, new principles, and evidence, to collectively remove barriers to transparency and global coherence. Free self-liberating resources at http://freetobewealthy.net To enable a greater destiny use social icons to inform others.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (193 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (99 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (57 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (51 chatters)
- KDCL Media (23 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (14 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (13 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (13 chatters)
- Tarhaka (12 chatters)
- Omega Man (12 chatters)
- Puter Shack (11 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (11 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (11 chatters)
- HOV Radio (11 chatters)
- Discovering The Truth w Dan Duval (10 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (10 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (10 chatters)
- Army Wife Network (9 chatters)
- dtm radio (9 chatters)
- FRNARadio (9 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (8 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (7 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (7 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- BioXIndividualized Medicine (6 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (6 chatters)
- Kraze Radio (5 chatters)
- MCR Media Sports Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- bapnation (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- SoulSistaRadio (3 chatters)
- Straitway (3 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (3 chatters)
- Timothy Burns (3 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (3 chatters)
- Current Trials and HLN (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Mayhem Zone (3 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach M I (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (2 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (2 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Barbara Barnett (2 chatters)
- Become The Source (2 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (2 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (2 chatters)
- dtm wicked (2 chatters)
- Divine Plan of the Ages Talk Show (2 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD BLOG (2 chatters)
- DOT COM RADIO1 (2 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (2 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (2 chatters)
- SSRN (1 chatters)
- USC RADIO PRODUCTIONS CH ONE (1 chatters)
- VertiKal Bistro (1 chatters)
- Wellness Smart Radio (1 chatters)
- Heart to Love with Fola (1 chatters)
- Hit On The Head (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Holy Tents of Marduk (1 chatters)
- BlazinRy Radio (1 chatters)
- Ask Cathleen Network (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Catholic Questions And Answers (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- KxOn3 Under Fire (1 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (1 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- InThe Plug (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- SarahandSophia (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)