SORT BY Relevancy
Fiona Boyes came to Memphis in 2003 for the 19 IBC and ended the week as the first non-American and first woman to walk away with first place the Challenge as she won the Solo/Duo Challenge.
She has been at the top of her game ever since. Fiona has been called the best female blues guitarist since Memphis Minnie by Pinetop Perkins and others. Ms. Boyes has been honored with 4 Blues Music Award nominations and she will sit with me and discuss her life and career and what winning the IBC did for her career.
Then Bruce Andrews and George Dudley will take their seats on The Couch to discuss their journey to Memphis in 2004 when they took the top spot in the 20th IBC as 2Blu.
They continue to play together as a duo and with their full band 2Blu & The Lucky Stiffs bringing a blend of blues, rock, funk and gospel to music lovers around Birmingham and beyond.
Finally, Diunna Greenleaf will come to talk about winning the Band Challenge in the 21 IBC in 2005 with her band Diunna Greenleaf & Blue Mercy.
How did she and the band prepared beforehand, what impact did winning have on her career and how does she feel about being nominated for this year’s Koko Taylor Award in the Blues Music Awards.
Join Host Live Chats
- WGAG Radio (24 chatters)
- Yasharshla Radio 2013 (12 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (8 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (7 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (2 chatters)
- The Magic Happens (1 chatters)
- Rick Sterling (1 chatters)
- TalkSouthRadio (1 chatters)