SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Craig Meriwether has been described as a “wake-up” call, giving people the tools and information they need to energize and revitalize their lives, enabling them to end depression and create a life of happiness. He joins the show today to discuss how one needs to rehearse the thoughts and emotions of happiness and joy in order to make them a habit, just like learning to walk or ride a bike. If you've been practicing anger and depression everyday for months then your neuron pathways will be strongest for these emotions; what you train for everyday is what you become better at, so let's reverse the training and practice happiness and love.
Michele Rosenthal is a popular keynote speaker, award-winning author and post-trauma coach. Her shows combine scientific research, cutting-edge guests and personal stories that highlight the challenges and successes of deliberately deciding to change the direction of your life. For more ideas about how to create change you choose, visit ChangeYouChoose.com.
Depression has become a way of life that needs to be fixed, however is depression constant? Is depression a way of life or it is a sign that tells us something needs to be looked at and addressed in our lives at this time? What does it really mean to be depressed and is that different from other things that may look like depression however they are not depression? Unraveling depression opens us the doors to healing and growing passed the ways that we think we are unraveling because of depression. Tune in and join the conversation today at 3:30 PM, PST!
Feeling down or depressed from time to time happens to most people. Usually such feelings pass, and a person can improve his or her mood naturally. However, some people cannot break out of a depressed state over an extended period of time. In those cases, a person is considered to have clinical depression. However, there is much research that shows that depression is neurological, not psychological. Certain brain patterns are frequently linked to depression.
This show was inspired by a Facebook post made by one of David's friends concerning suicide. David and I have both been through what can be described as crippling bouts of depression with suicidal thoughts and or tendencies. Listen in and or join the conversation as we discuss these experiences and hopefully shed some light on this issue, and possibly hope for others in the same predicament.
What is Depression?
What are the causes and effects?
How does it manifest itself?
What are the early signs of depression?
Does depression mean suicide?
What does it mean to be clinically depressed?
Do kids get depressed?
How do you fix depression?
What help is out there?
Is it possible to cover up depression?
Should I tell my Partner about it?
All of these and much more will be discussed on TONIGHT's Episode of LOVE IN THE HOUSE at 9PM UK/GMT.
***Remember the show is designed with you in mind, please share with friends and family. Thanks***
How does someone know if they are depressed? Are you feeling exceptionally tired, low energy, or do you have difficulty doing things or even getting out of bed? Is your ability to concentrate more difficult. Do you have a low interest in your regular hobbies and activities. Have your eating habits changed recently… or do you isolate yourself from others? These are some of the signs that you may be experiencing depression. Join us for this month’s lunch and learn to learn more about what you can do to combat depression.
Speakers: Patrick J. McGrath M.D., Co-Director of the Depression Evaluation Service at the New York State Psychiatric Institute/Columbia University Medical Center and Maria Oquendo M.D. Vice Chair for Education & Training and Director of Psychiatric Residency Program at the New York State Psychiatric Institute/Columbia University Medical Center
Description: Dr. Patrick J. McGrath and Dr. Maria Oquendo will discuss what we have learned so far in efforts to tailor treatment for depression to the needs of individual patients, and a current research project aiming to enhance this in the future. They will address how the efficacy of current treatments is limited by doctors’ inability to predict in advance which person will respond to which treatment and the necessity of relying on “trial-and-error” in selecting treatments for mood disorders. They will discuss a new study funded by the National Institute of Mental Health using cutting-edge brain imaging and other biologic testing to enable selecting the best treatment for an individual at the outset of treatment.
Contact Information: For more information on obtaining treatment by participating in a research study, please visit the Depression Evaluation Service website at www.depression-nyc.org or call us at 646 774-8000. To listen to any of our previous shows on topics such as substance abuse or child and adolescent mental health go to blogtalkradio.com/columbiapsychiatynyspi
At some point in our lives we have all battled, struggled and fought a very common enemy among us, and especially around this time of the year, and its depression. There's a great difference between sadness and deep depression. It's the kind that tends to linger much longer than expected and creeps up on us like fog on a cloudy rainy day. The key question is how is follower of Christ to respond? What resources are out there for those going through such a dark and difficult time in their lives? How can we avoid the temptation of battling in silence? And often times there is a misunderstanding of this subject simply due to a lack of understanding. We must place our full trust and hope in God to help us as we learn together how to battle through those seasons of depression.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- John Baptist (66 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (33 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (26 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (23 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (18 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (18 chatters)
- Curious Times (17 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (17 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (15 chatters)
- canadianglen (10 chatters)
- David and Wes (10 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (10 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (10 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (10 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- Radio Capicu (8 chatters)
- Canadian Moto Show (8 chatters)
- 12kyle (7 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (7 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (7 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (5 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (5 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (5 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (5 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (5 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (5 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (4 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (3 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (1 chatters)
- Deon After Dark (1 chatters)
- Dolphin Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (0 chatters)