As lesbians we know that conception is not the most straightforward process. We generally don't have unlimited amounts of sperm at our disposal and the cost of donor sperm and IUIs can be quite high. As a result, it behooves us to make the most of what we got. That's where Kristin Kali of Maia Midwifery comes in. Kristin is a Certified Professional Midwife that specializes in supporting queer couples in their baby making journeys.
On this episode of LezBeMommies Radio, Kristin gives us a basic lesson in fertility charting and insemination timing for lesbian couples. In this episode you will learn:
* Why fertility charting and insemination timing are so important
* The basic anatomy of conception
* The Rule of Three and how to determine your peak fertility time
* How to chart your fertility signs
* Some key fertility signs to be on the lookout for
* Why charting is still important even when working with a fertility doctor doing IUIs and IVF
* Considerations for the HCG (trigger) shot
Find out more about Kristin Kali and her fertility care packages at http://maiamidwifery.com/.
Suggested reading: The New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Pregnancy and Birth by Stephanie Brill
Find LezBeMommies Radio online at http://www.lezbemommies.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LezBeMommiesRadio and on Twitter @LezBeMomsRadio.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
You must accept the Terms and conditions to register