This is the Second Coming Watch Sunday Roundup for June 15, 2014. On the Roundup we feature the top 10 prophecy-related news stories that happened this past week which point towards the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ and the end of the world as we know it.
1. Shiite volunteers rushed to the front lines in Iraq, reinforcing defenses of the holy city of Samarra 70 miles north of Baghdad, and helping thwart attacks by Sunni fighters of the radical Islamic State of Iraq and Syria in some smaller cities to the east. The confrontations suggested that Shiites and Sunnis would once again engage in open conflict for control of Iraq.
2. U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ordered an aircraft carrier moved into the Gulf on Saturday, readying it in case Washington decides to pursue a military option after insurgents overwhelmed a string of Iraqi cities this week and threatened Baghdad.
3. A former Israeli intelligence expert suggested that Israel must prepare itself for the eventuality that the battle with ISIS could reach the shores of Tel Aviv.
4. President Obama threatened U.S. military strikes against the Sunni Islamist militants who want to establish their own state in Iraq and Syria.
5. An advisory alert has been issued for a remote volcano in the western Aleutian Islands after dozens of earthquakes were reported in the area, an early sign of volcanic unrest. The change means that five volcanoes being monitored in Alaska are now simultaneously active.
6. A painful, mosquito-borne viral illness has surfaced across the United States, carried by recent travelers to the Caribbean where the virus is raging. Florida's 25 cases account for the majority reported in the United States.
Sorry we couldn't complete your registration. Please try again.
Please enter your email to finish creating your account.
Receive a personalized list of podcasts based on your preferences.