Our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy have changed. We think you'll like them better this way.

Where Reputations Are Built: Leadership and Emotional Intelligence

  • Broadcast in Business



Follow This Show

If you liked this show, you should follow TalentCulture.

Join us each week as experts help us explore issues shaping the world of work!

The TalentCulture #TChat weekly show is back live on Wednesday, December 18, 2013. #TChat Radio will start at 6:30 pm ET (3:30 pm PT), and immediately after, our entire community will continue the conversation on #TChat Twitter from 7-8 pm ET.

Last week we talked about the candidate experience, and this week we’re going to discuss your emotional experiences - and how they affect everything you do in the world of work.

Just over three years ago the first ever #TChat was about emotional intelligence, an important subject for most #TChat-ters.

According to this week's guest, emotions drive our behaviors and performance, which makes or breaks our leadership. Usually we operate at high performance about 83 percent of the time — but it’s the other 17 percent where emotions run high, and that's where our reputations are built.

Emotional self-management is critical to personal influence, impact and inspiration, even for the naysayers this time of the year.

Join #TChat co-creators and hosts Meghan M. Biro and Kevin W. Grossman as we learn more about managing our emotions at work and at play: Steve Gutzler, President of Leadership Quest, a Seattle-based leadership development company.

This will be another informative “world of work” show and the last one before the New Year. Join us!

Facebook comments

Available when logged-in to Facebook and if Targeting Cookies are enabled