Email us for help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Jody Dunphy. Jody is an artist, designer and the creator of the Second Nature Project; an endeavor that resides at the intersection of art and activism. The project was born while she was earning her MFA in Applied Craft and Design at the Oregon College of Art and Craft + Pacific Northwest College of Art. Her practice is driven by a desire to share her fascination with plant life and inspire people to think about their relationship with the natural world. She makes jewelry and sculpture for holding plants and seeds that are dispersed via diverse channels: in galleries, on the street and through retail. Collaboration, engagement, ephemerality, labor and craft are underlying themes in the work she creates.
this episode Q&A includes:
• carotenes found in things like nettles, sweet potatoes, tomatoes- help prevent damage from radiation..
• bacteria contamination on kratom and other issues from consumption of kratom..
• 42 year old wanting to conceive a baby- genetic material, miscarriage, infusions, animal fats and red meat..
• nutrients needed from red meat..
• AMA said over 15 years ago not to use hydrogen peroxide - destroys tissue, make wounds more likely to get infected.
• yarrow tincture stops pain, stops bleeding, powerfully antibacterial..
• antibiotics do not prevent infections..
• two herniated discs- reasons for back pain, CBD, Skullcap, hypericum tincture..
• what's the problem with high cholesterol? high C reactive protein is the real problem..
• white stool in child- possible causes and testing..