Email us for help
100Radio Episode 27: Violence and Police Brutality
• Violence: How do we stop and prevent violence that has been occurring in not only our communities, but across the country?
• Youth Violence: Do you think the introduction of the Seattle Youth Violence Prevention Initiative (SYVPI) has helped curb some of the violence amongst Seattle’s youth?
• The “Silence Movement”: Is snitching and being a witness the same thing? When, if at all, is it ok in the streets to cooperate with the police?
• Culture of the Street Life: Why don’t most people in urban communities talk/report crimes? Do you trust the police? Why or why not?
• Police Brutality: In 2010, a 17 year old girl was punched in the face by a police officer after she was caught jay walking (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAVHfVjVQwA) and more recently, a cop is on trial after being caught on video kicking a handcuffed woman in the head (http://marfmellow.com/post/26838717182/cop-on-trial-after-being-caught-on-video-kicking). What are your thoughts on police brutality?
• Murders in Seattle: A few weeks ago in the Sunday newspaper, the 21 murders that have occurred in Seattle since the beginning of the year were highlighted. Only a few black people were listed and one of the comments stated that the media sensationalized the violence/murder rate in Seattle because so many whites had been killed. Would you agree or disagree with this comment? Why?
• Good News, Lousy News and things that you seem to care about, that we don't.