Email us for help
Black History Monthly Review with University of Conneticut Prof. Manisha Sinha on Black History University powered by The Gist of Freedom!
Black Japanese Generals celebrating their victory over Russia in 1907. They are of Ainu ancestry. The Ainu were the Africoid/ African descent people who settled ancient Japan. It is often told in history about how Japan defeated Russia in a brilliant naval / military campaign at Port Arthur.
1. The Jacob Blake shooting Protest, Kenosha Verdict, Abolitionists Elijah Lovejoy
2. Election Day,Primary Elections, Black Men Voted during the War; Abolitionist Gerritt Smith @12 minutes
3. Veterans Day Grand Army of The Republic GAR, Integrated Veteran Organization;
Gen Powell, Buffalo Soldiers @14 minute
4. D-Day Pearl Harbor Afro- Japanese soldiers @19 minutes
5.Thanksgiving~ Abraham Lincoln @22 minutes
6. President Biden Bill Back America Bill Passes ~ @24 minute
7. January 6th failed Coup, leader arrested for contempt @27 minute
8. Black Exodusters, Pioneers in the Midwest, Stage Coach Mary@30 minute
The Botched Boley Robbery V. The Harder They Fall.....
Boley Was The Black Town That Couldn't Be Robbed, by Betty DeRamus
ON NOVEMBER 23, 1932, three members of “Pretty Boy” Floyd’s Depression-era gang made the worst mistake of their lives. They tried to rob the Farmers and Merchants Bank in Boley, Oklahoma, an all-black town of proud-walking pioneers.
UP TO that point, the Floyd gang had been robbing an average of a bank a week, usually without any resistance. But Boley’s bank was the state’s first nationally chartered black-owned bank, and residents had vowed it would never be robbed. As the gang would soon discover, folks in Boley meant what they said.