Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions follwed by a 30 minute interview with Mirabai Starr. Mirabai Starr writes creative non-fiction and contemporary translations of sacred literature. She taught Philosophy and World Religions at the University of New Mexico-Taos for 20 years and now teaches and speaks internationally on contemplative practice and inter-spiritual dialog. Her latest book, WILD MERCY: Living the Fierce & Tender Wisdom of the Women Mystics, was released Spring 2019. She lives with her extended family in the mountains of northern New Mexico.
this episode Q&A includes:
• People's Medicine Show on Blog Talk Radio August 2 at 7:30 pm ET. Call in with your questions 646-929-2463 and press one..
• surgery, antibiotics, comfrey..
• vertigo- is it an infection? Echinacea angustifolia tincture..
• back of the head ache and feeling drained- cranial sacral therapy and B12 supplementation..
• thyroid, cancer, raw brassicas, seaweeds/fucus..
• cyst- castor oil, comfrey..
• apprenticing at the WIse Woman Center..
• TMJ- tincture and infused oil of Hypericum perforatum as muscle relaxant and minerals from nourishing herbal infusions..