Susun S. Weed answers 90 minutes of health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Lisa Kivirist. Lisa is a Senior Fellow, Endowed Chair in Agricultural Systems at the Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture at the University of Minnesota, focusing on developing opportunities to champion leadership development among female farmers and rural women. Her new book in 2016 is Soil Sisters: A Toolkit for Women Farmers, compiling advice, support and resources from over 100 women in the sustainable agriculture movement. She is also co-author of co-author of Homemade for Sale, Farmstead Chef, ECOpreneuring and Rural Renaissance and founded and leads the Rural Women’s Project of the Midwest Organic Sustainable Education Service. Lisa and her family run Inn Serendipity Farm and B&B in Wisconsin, completely powered by the wind and the sun.
this episode Q&A includes:
• drugs have side effects and direction of action- herbs work in a multitude of ways...
• shoulder and neck tension- hypericum tincture and oil..
• baby with thrush- yogurt in the mouth and plantain oil or ointment on diaper rash..
• torn ligament- comfrey drunk as infusion and used as poultice- infusions are not drugs- there is no dose..
• comfrey and pyrrolizidine alkaloids..
• check out Susun's Time Monk Radio show for information on Leonotis leonurus- Lion's tail..
• dermatitis- rubbed the wrong way, trapped in our skin...
• no other food is as beneficial to our health as fish- cardiovascular, brain and whole body health..
• stye on eye- chickweed..
• hypericum oil used as sunscreen..
• motherwort tincture daily- cystic acne gone!