Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Teana David.
Téana David is committed to nurturing the wisdom of the body. She is the Director of Pilates Education at David Barton Gym Astor Place in New York City, where she teaches one-on-one apparatus sessions, mat classes, and leads Pilates teacher training courses. Like her mentor, Joseph Pilates, she was a competitive gymnast growing up and studied many dance disciplines including ballet, tap and modern. Téana is an advanced Yoga practitioner of 18 years, is certified in Thai Massage, and recently completed a live-out Herbal Medicine apprenticeship with Susun Weed in the Wise Woman Tradition. She holds an MFA from the Buddhist-inspired Naropa University where she studied contemporary performance techniques with an emphasis in Somatic Movement. Téana's Pilates certification is in the lineage of Pilates elder Carola Trier and augmented by Irene Dowd's comprehensive Kinesthetic Anatomy course.
this episode Q&A includes:
• Susun's preference on personal care products- shampoo, face wash, toothpaste and deodorant..
• yogurt- absolute star food- makes you more resilient..
• cystic acne- vitamin A and carotenes, clay, spiritual aspect..
• increasing nutrition for small child with a lot of food and environmental allergies..
• Barrett's Esophagus- slippery elm balls, linden, dandelion..
• bone broth additions of sea weed and mushrooms..
• high blood pressure- lack of sleep, exercise and motherwort or hawthorne..