Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with her brother Steve Shaft. Steve Shaft is the creator of Terra Gifts and is the owner of LS Shaft's Farm. He is a farmer, gardening consultant, silversmith, duck herder, dog lover, & accomplished culinary artist.Terra Gifts are made from resources found in nature. Our skin care products contain no petroleum products, no synthetics, no alcohol & no added water. Find Steve's Rejuvenation cream at the Wise Woman Bookshop.
this episode Q&A includes:
• what does imbalance mean?
• using milk thistle seed tincture as a protective and dandelion as a consistent nourisher of the liver..
• gathering your own generous dandelion relieves anxiety of not having enough..
• dangers of drinking raw green drinks..
• making a tincture of cannabis for pain may be ineffective- try passionflower, california poppy and skullcap tinctures..
• just in case potting may weaken pelvic floor and one may try squatting over a toilet..
• thrush in mouth, yeast infections and candida..
• is sugar disruptive to gut flora? Susun says no!
• anti infective herbs- yarrow, echinacea and usnea..
• herbs are western medicine!
• learn to tell yourself the truth!
• trying is lying- you either do or you don't!
• rib muscle pain- detailed explanation of inadequate exhalation- meditation, pranayama, playing wind instruments, singing lessons..
• breathing in magnifies emotion, breathing out changes emotion..
• tinctures are not nourishing- nourishing, tonifying, sedating, poisonous herbs..