Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Samara Gaev. amara Gaev is a New York based activist, educator, theatre director, and performer. Her work has taken her to Zimbabwe, Senegal, Hawaii, Brasil, Peru, Cuba, and throughout the U.S. She is the Founder and Artistic Director of Truthworker Theatre Company, a social justice based hip-hop theatre company for high school and college aged youth in NYC. Samara is honored to be the Resident Artist/Scholar at Columbia University’s Teachers College: Graduate School of Education. She serves as an educational specialist, teaching artist, and artist in residence at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. She is also the National Education Director for Question Bridge. Her work is political, spiritual, transformational, and examines class, race, the PIC, patriarchy, hetero-normative codes and culture, and systems of oppression that not only excuse, but enable cycles of violence.
this episode Q&A includes-
• when we short ourselves on sleep, we short ourselves on memory..
• benefits of garlic and garlic breath..
• bacterial vaginosis - explanation from Down There Sexual and Reproductive Health The Wise Woman Way
• making hawthorne tincture from dried berries and how much should one consume?
• sage honey for a persisttent dry cough..
• cholesterol and cardiac bypass surgery..
• anti inflammatory diet- no hot spices, refined carbs,
• psyllium husk and havesting plantain seed..
• plantar fasciitis- meadow sweet, chickweed, redclover, comfrey leaf oils...
• do make hypericum perforatum preparations from dried herb!