Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Sara Chana Silverstein.
Sara-Chana Silverstein is a mother of 7 children, a board certified lactation consultant, doula, AHG herbalist, and classical homeopath. For the past 20 years she has maintained offices in both LA and NY and has worked with over 5000 mother/baby dyads. She empowers women with the knowledge and understanding of the world of botanical s allowing them to be able to treat themselves and their children.
She teaches women how to stand up for their rights in the medical world, and helps to educate them so they become partners in the decision making with their healthcare practitioners. She has had the honor to help birth a child, help them breastfeed, assist them through toddler-hood and watch them become adults! She teaches women how to identify plants tincture them, and use them to treat their loved ones!
this episode Q&A includes:
• constant urge to urinate at night- raw fruit acids very irritating to the bladder
• making infusions
• Susun revised one book 'Menopausal Years' to 'New Menopausal Years'
• dangers of eating sprouts and how to prepare seeds to eat..
• growing heirloom seeds and hybird seeds...
• the more protein we get the healthier we are- infusions high in protein..
• licorice and herpes? Susun prefers hypericum tincture..
• thyroid and bladderwrack...
• nettle seed and nettle root used for bladder issues..
• can I drink coffee brewed from nettle infusion? Sure..
• asthma- mullein, elecampane, osha..
• emotional problems, anxiety and motherwort and color exercise..