Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with herbalist Holly Bellebuono author of Women Healers of the World: The Traditions, History & Geography of Herbal Medicine. Holly has spent the past 2 decades as a traditional and certified herbalist, professional speaker, forager, award-winning formulator and apothecary, and writer. The Essential Herbal for Natural Health: How to Transform Easy-to-Find Herbs into Healing Remedies for the Whole Family and The Authentic Herbal Healer: The Complete Guide to Herbal Formulary & Plant-Inspired Medicine for Every Body System. Holly operates Vineyard Herbs Teas & Apothecary LLC.
this episode Q&A includes:
• menopausal symptoms and avoiding BRCA with gingko, red clover infusion and lentils..
• importance of weighing out herb for infusions and almost immediate results..
• bloating because of change in gut flora and a tea of almost any aromatic herbs..
• medical abortion pill, drinking nourishing herbal infusions helps the body to repair..
• the ability of liver loving herbs to clear the body of drugs too quickly...
• lung diseases, coming off addictive drugs, marshmallow infusion preparation, comfrey leaf infusion and mullein leaf infusion and pranayama..
• on a lot of medication and wanting to drink infusions..
• fat cells produce hunger hormones and specific exercise suggestions..
• wise woman tradition- pass it on..
• skin cancer- cooking your food for optimal nourishment and Stylophorum diphyllum (Celandine poppy) to kill skin cancer cells..
• essential oils are drugs- they are extracted from plant, concentrated and purified