Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Laura Shannon. Laura Shannon is one of the grandmothers of the worldwide Sacred / Circle Dance movement. She trained in Intercultural Studies and Dance Movement Therapy, and has been researching and teaching traditional women's ritual dances for nearly thirty years. In Balkan, Greek and Armenian villages, Laura searches out women's songs, dances, rituals and textile patterns which embody an age-old worldview of sustainability, community, and reverence for the earth. Laura gives workshops all over the world and her articles have been published in many languages. Her essay on Women's Ritual Dances appeared in Dancing on the Earth and is available from www.laurashannon.net.
this episode Q&A includes:
• migraine headaches- feverfew eaten from fresh plant..
• green goddess week offerings..
• osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and explanation of what might be causing pain..
• the only circulation the joints get is when they are moved..
• capsaicin, substance p and topical nerve pain relief..
• grieving after break up- not leaning into revenge and resentment- how does this open you up? smile!
• nettle is a kidney saver for kitties!
• uterine fibroids, lots of bleeding, anemia- nettle infusion, liver, yellow dock.lady's mantle to stop bleeding..
• testicular infection on lots of medication.. start with nourishing herbal infusions..
• dangers of cipro and other drugs..
• meditations on heart of the pain..