Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Dorene Petersen. Dorene Petersen, BA, Dip.NT, Dip.Acu, RH (AHG), is President and Founder of the American College of Healthcare Sciences (ACHS). She regularly lectures and presents at conferences on herbal medicine, holistic health, and aromatherapy, and has appeared on various TV and radio shows. Dorene’s articles about herbal medicine and aromatherapy have appeared in publications worldwide. Her white paper presented at the 2012 AAIC Asian Aroma Ingredients Congress & Expos on US Trends in Aromatherapy can be downloaded here: www/achs.edu. Dorene is a professional member of the American Herbalists Guild and in 2009 was awarded the Professional Service Award from the International Herb Association for her outstanding contributions to the herb industry.
this episode Q&A- includes:
• tincturing dried and fresh plants..
• keratosis on the scalp- red clover oil and sap of celandine..
• cataracts surgery- prepare by drinking nourishing herbal infusions, non inflammatory diet and asking for loving support from friends..
• the allantoin in comfrey is found mostly in the hard parts: most in roots, 2nd most in flower stalks, next most in leaf midribs.- how to dry..
• safety of comfrey..
• liver strengthening herbs- dandelion, chicory, yellow dock and milk thistle..
• linden flower, leaf and harvesting..
• ovarian cysts and iron level success story!!
• blessed thistle and milk thistle- same plant? all parts of the thistle are edible and artichoke is in the same family and holds the same properties..
• call out to your archetypes to find them..