Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Sarah Elisabeth. Sarah is an Herbalist in the Wise Woman Tradition. She has taught at the Green Thumb GrowTogether, Stone Barns Center for Food and Agriculture, Beacon Institute and New York Botanical Garden. She has been featured in the May 2013 issue of Rural Intelligence in the article Have the Oil, Hold the Olay. Her Herbal offerings can be found at www.sarahannelisabeth.com. She is founder and farmer of Groundwork Herb Sanctuary and Sargent-Downing Gardens and Nursery.
this episode Q&A- includes:
• essential oils- why they are drugs and why not to use them..
• finding intimacy with herbs through using one herb at a time..
• yarrow tincture is safe for everyone
• cancer? do not blame yourself! take care of yourself with love and care and use herbs..
• Breast Cancer? Breast Health! is useful for all types of cancers..
• we all lose when we compare ourselves to others..
• acne? yarrow tincture used as a mist and support liver with dandelion root, chicory root, or burdock roots
• tell your truth or lose your thyroid..
• menopause is a time for possibility of making change..
• aspergers syndrome and hyperactivity- catnip and motherwort tinctures from fresh flowering plant..
• wild carrot seed as effective birth control- check out Robin Rose Bennett
• melenoma- fresh celandine sap put on skin cancer can cause it to fall off..
• calendula oil or ointment to prevent scaring..
• parasitic worms- this is where drugs are best used for mildest results..
• boric acid for yeast infection..
• no ticture press necessary when tincturing fresh herbs..