Popular in classical Music
- Archived Episodes (3)
Trudy is a native Philadelphian who began playing piano at age six. Her mother, too, was a musician and inspired this family tradition. "My family was deeply involved in the church community," says Trudy, "and I started playing piano for Sunday school when I was about nine or ten. As time went on, I was introduced to the church organ, and I played organ in Sunday school."
Trudy later helped with the senior choir during the main services and from there went on to her own church choirs in various other settings. As she puts it, "It was just a musical atmosphere. You did whatever you had to do wherever you were."
Earning a degree in music education was only natural for this talented prodigy. She studied at Philadelphia's Musical Academy, Temple University, and Juilliard, among other institutions. During these years she reached out to the classics and built a base from which future compositions and arrangements would spring.
Always seeking new musical challenges, Trudy accepted an offer to sit in the pit as an assistant to the pianist in the Tony Award-winning show Raisin' when it traveled through Philadelphia. "I did that for the month or two that they were in town. Then not too much later I got a call from the manager inquiring if I could join the company for the rest of the tour."
Thinking the music was truly beautiful and the show dynamic, Trudy entered yet another level in her development. "It was something I hadn't done before, and it was a great responsibility. I was playing piano and organ. She eventually became the assistant to the conductor of this nationally touring show, but she never lost sight of what she felt was her true charge, creative music.
Jazz made its way into Trudy's life and was nurtured by her soul mate and husband, Bill Carney (a.k.a. Mr. C). He became a major influence shaping and implementing Trudy's musical skills. Raisin' ultimately lost Trudy's attention. Read more here: http://www.trudypitts.com
Join Host Live Chats
- THOR MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (22 chatters)
- MarlyBird (13 chatters)
- Goldylocks Productions 3 (10 chatters)
- Jay King Network (8 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- wrestlechat0 (2 chatters)
- Love Law Character Development (2 chatters)
- Barbara Grace Reynolds (2 chatters)
- Bernadette Boas (1 chatters)
- Cordell88 (1 chatters)
- Dan Clements (1 chatters)
- Disabled Reality (1 chatters)
From the BTR Blog
- BlogTalkRadio, in conjunction with P.I. Media, is proud to present the Curious Minds’ podcast series, ‘Heroes Of Podcasting’
- 3 Podcast Monetization Predictions from Andy Toh, BlogTalkRadio’s Chief Architect & GM
- BlogTalkRadio & Simple Podcast Press Join Forces to Create Publisher-Grade Podcasting Toolkit