- Work with engineering and ops teams to improve our automated test platform
- Develop automation tests based on agile user stories
- Design and Analyze test cases to identify areas to focus on
- Measure and test the performance of key features
- Pro-actively champion quality in every part of the product
- Intelligence and curiosity
- A crushing ability to make just about anything break
- A scientific approach to everything and unusual attention to detail
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
BlogTalkRadio is transforming how people experience radio. We want to help people create great podcasts and make money from it. We're building the tools to empower the individual host and the gateway for millions of people to discover them.
We're just 16 people working towards our shared vision. A small team means you can make a big impact. Each of us is passionate about building this vision. Many of host our own shows on BlogTalkRadio and all of us listen every day. We believe in the power of conversation and its ability to connect people.
Engineering at BlogTalkRadio
The engineering team has adopted an Agile practice. It allows us to deliver better software faster while still having fun. We release almost weekly so we continually learn from our users how to take our products to the next level. We follow the Lean mantra of: Think it - Build it - Ship it - Tweak it.
BlogTalkRadio is geographically distributed. All our meetings take place online and our work-related communication uses web based tools. That means that you can work from almost anywhere as long as:
- You have access to broadband, stable, low-latency Internet, suitable for videoconferencing
- You have a dedicated, quiet place to work
- Your workday overlaps New York afternoons (10:00 - 18:00 EST)
- We have a way to pay you legally wherever you live
Our Test Suite
- Jenkins for CI builds
Take the next step
If you're interested in joining the team, send us your resumé and cover letter telling us what you love about radio. If you have a presence online (github page, codepen, friendster profile), an open source project you contribute to) we’d love to hear about it.
Why Work at BlogTalkRadio
- Well Compensated Competitive salary and regular performance bonuses.
- The benefits you need Medical, dental, vision & life insurance including family; 401k plan; maternity & paternity leave and more.
- The Tools You Need Cutting edge laptop & monitors, tablets & phones, continuing education and all the software you need.
- Flex-Time and WFH We treat people like adults. Work from home or off-hours when you need.
- Referral Bonus The best people know the best people. Refer a friend to a position and get a cash bonus after 90 days.
- Snacks, Caffeine and Whisky Our pantry is stocked with snacks, the fridge has beer and red bull (but don't mix them) and there's always whisky around if you know where to look.