Email us for help
We've all heard the saying "You are what you eat". Consider your baby is made up of what you eat too! Your overall health going into conception is going to make a difference in the short and long term health of your child. Studies show that nutrition (or lack thereof) and toxic loads during fetal development can have an impact on many chronic diseases in child's adult life, including Type 2 diabetes (Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17052196). "Nutrition is perhaps the most influential non-genetic factor in fetal development" (Source: http://www.mednet.ca/en/report/impact-of-maternal-nutrition-on-fetal-developmen.html). What can you do to ensure that your body is ready to provide the best environment for your developing baby?
Nutrition is the foundation of general health and eating an optimal diet will prepare your body for the amazing task ahead of creating life. Nutrition can impact your fertility as well as your ability to carry a healthy baby to term. But what is the optimum diet for fertility and pregnancy?
Tammy Chang of The Nourished Belly is on the show to talk about what foods you may want to start eating now to support the creation of the healthiest baby possible.
* How fertility and overall health are related
* Weston A Price and a whole food approach to eating (just eat real food!)
* Excellent pre-conception foods and when to start your pre-conception diet
* Key nutrients important for health fetal development
* Good fats vs. Bad fats and why fat is important in your diet
* Good supplements for preconception and pregnancy
* Foods and toxins you should avoid during preconception and pregnancy
Find out more about Tammy Chang and her health coaching at http://thenourishedbelly.com/.
Find LezBeMommies Radio online at http://www.lezbemommies.com/.