Welcome to the Empowered Family Caregiver Podcast with Tandy Elisala
EFC: Episode 23 11 Ways to Keep Your Family Safe Financially
Here are some key ways to keep your loved one’s safe financially that we discuss in more detail in this episode:
1. Financial planning
2. Switch to generics
3. Find less expensive brand name drugs
4. Switch to a mail-order pharmacy
5. Find a better Medicare drug plan
6.Apply for the Extra Help program
7.Free or reduced medication costs. Several sites to check include: www.needymed.com. RxAssist.org
8. Negotiated medical bills
9. When evaluating nursing home options and if you opt to have a nursing home manage funds, find out if trust funds managed on their behalves are insured and bonded.
10. Seek legal counsel to evaluate your financial situation and needs. One option I recommend is Legal Shield. Learn more about that option here: https://bit.ly/coachtandyls
11. Evaluate their expenses on a regular basis to ensure the appropriateness of spending patterns and habits.
I invite you to join my private FB group @ www.facebook.com/groups/EmpoweredFamilyCaregiver
Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoachingWithTandy?
Subscribe to this podcast and leave a review! If you find value in this podcast, please click the subscribe button, share with family and friends, and give my show a positive review.