In today's show, the Dr's answer these Q's:
1. Why do we root for under-dogs ? How do we get status from a group that contains perennial losers ?
2. My husband and I are both 30 and have been married 2 years. My husband really wants kids, but I’m nervous about his lazy habits when that day comes. My question is: will having kids force my husband to be more active? I’m worried he will still be a couch potato 10 years from now and won’t be an active and engaged parent.
3. I've got a comment about episode 232 in which DDL says there is no unconditional love...while I agree with his response, it made me wonder why I would have feelings of unconditional love toward my dog who does not share my genes...
4. . I am curious if these leanings politically are inherent at the genetic level and what is the mechanism behind it? Is it just where we all far along the bell curves of our personality characteristic that make us all come to such different conclusions in spite of all being in the same environment?
5. On personality tests, I come out as high disagreeable. However, I absolutely cannot stand confrontation and have my whole life been a bit of a people pleaser. I grew up with narcissistic parents in an emotionally-volatile household where I took it upon myself to be the child that diffused tension and provided some comic relief. Did my upbringing disturb my genetic disagreeable streak? I am a conundrum unto myself. Please unravel me.